Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

OI

Jul 03, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

176 - 200 of 4,392 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Daniil S

Jul 16, 2019

Thank you very much for creating this course! It has given me such more knowledge in writing. Simple language, that is easy for understanding, makes completing this course faster.

I would advise to add some more tests for fixation these information!

By Jiayi W (

May 13, 2017

I have learned a lot of useful writing techniques, most of which are punctuation rules, and these will definitely help me a lot in the future! This course has taken me about 8 hours to complete. I'm now proceeding to the next course in this series!

By Gracedear K

Sep 06, 2020

Taking this course has improve my knowledge in grammar and academic writing skills. I am absolutely glad to have enrolled and completed this course. A learning opportunity so useful and helpful should be enrolled and availed by many more students.

By Susan C M

Aug 17, 2020

The content is approached with incredible teaching aptitude. Exercises are arranged so the students may help each other, and learn from multiple assigments. Therefore, the course may be useful for anyone interested in improving its writting skill.

By Jadson d S F

Jul 18, 2020

I learned a lot of useful things and, for that, I'm grateful. The course is objective, well structured, well explained, and easy to get the points. All the exercises are useful and they can help you to fix everything you've learned. Again, thanks!

By Deandra C

Dec 04, 2018

This was extremely helpful, and I have already applied the things that I learned in this class. Not only have I used the grammar and punctuation at work, but I have also used it in my personal writing projects. It was a wonderful refresher for me.

By Nazokat

Aug 26, 2020

Hi. I liked this cours. I learnt more important things at this cours. And I would continue other courses. But I fogot my password, thats why send me sertificate (Grammar and Punctuation) other my email, please. This is mine. naglamova82@gmail.com

By Jaime t c

Jul 20, 2020

I must say that, I'm different person now in terms of writing and punctuation.

This course was very useful, and I want to thanks teachers and all the students because they helped me a lot.

Honestly, this was one of the best experience in my life.

By Maja M

Dec 26, 2015

Really great couse! I recmmend it to everyone having some grounds in grammar but needing to improve the knowledge. I have never met with such a simple yet clearifying explanations and now I dont find right use of complex tenses so hard as before!

By Mahamud H

Nov 06, 2015

It was a great experience being a part of this course. It helped me a lot to review and learn what I needed the most. I would boastly recommend this course to the people who want to brush up their grammar and punctuation for better communication.

By AKINNUSI S

Sep 05, 2019

I want to use this opportunity to thank Coursera for giving me this grace to improve my grammar and punctuation skills. I have really gained a lot from this course, and I will be moving forward with a new specialization in the English language.

By EDUARDO L C

Aug 25, 2020

I love the way this course helped me to gain confidence and accuracy in the grammar and punctuation field. Now I feel that my writing skills are improved, just by understanding how to correctly use commas, semicolons, adverbs, and transitions.

By Vidya S

Sep 02, 2020

I have really improved my writing skills. This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs. ... Enjoyed and learnt so much that will help overcome fear writing.

By Rabab K

Feb 25, 2018

It was a great course. I know now everything about punctuation and the different types of sentence. In addition to that, I had a quick view on how to improve my writing. I found very clear, well-organized, and easy to follow as well. Thanks.

By Hakan E K

Dec 07, 2016

I really appreciated for all your effort to created this classroom.This class helped me so much;in addition to this experience I am also very happy to attend your classroom.I have upgraded my confidence since I started to take this classroom.

By Lidiia S

May 07, 2020

I like the course because I've never studied English punctuation before. Furthermore, I think now it will be easier to write essays. My texts earlier seemed like 'I am Groot. I a m G r o o t', but I hope since now, it will be better. Thanks!

By Mariam A

Jun 10, 2018

This course is a good introductory to grammar and punctuation basics. There is so much focus on commas which is so helpful as well as the different types of sentences, so it forms a good base if you want to do more advanced grammar later on.

By Dr. U P

it is a great course - very well designed. I learnt many new things that I did not know. This course has improved my knowledge about punctuation marks, sentence types and many more. I would surely recommend others to enrol for this course.

By Pattita N

May 16, 2020

it was very helpful, and i understand about how to use punctuation, and grammer a lot better than before! To be honest, I am impressed, and i highly recommend if you are hesitant joining this course. Trust me you won't regret even a bit!

By Sophia B

Apr 14, 2020

This course was so helpful for me. Coursera explained things in an easy way that taught the basic but essential rules when it comes to grammar and punctuation. Learning these things will help me in college and future jobs, I just know it.

By 宾酱

Jan 15, 2018

It`s a nice class, the fellow students give me much useful advice, and the comments under my first class instruction really moved me. Also, I have learned many important grammar points that I didn`t notice as real as I do in this lesson.

By Angeles R

Jan 09, 2016

Very clear and useful information. I already enrolled to the following course within the specialisation. the only thing is that would love to be able to download and ebook, or something similar with the information provided on the course.

By Mohammad u

Jul 30, 2020

This is the best to get started with punctuation and grammar. It is short and precise. They provide all the necessary resources required also additional resources for you to improve and get better at it. Definitely recommend this course.

By Christian R B C

This course is awesome. You can learn a lot of grammar and punctuation topics. Additionally, the professors explain everything really well, and the activities and quizzes are interesting and easy-understanding. I recommend it completely.

By tria p

Apr 27, 2016

really nice and good can be learn in this course, l studied many words that known about grammar and punctuation in English language. assignment of this course is helping me to improve my language. the lecture look at good and friendly..