Back to Ideas from the History of Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ideas from the History of Graphic Design by California Institute of the Arts

This condensed survey course focuses on four key periods or themes from the history of design. Together we’ll trace the emergence of design as a recognized practice, why things look the way they do, and how designers approached specific design problems in their work. Each week, a short quiz will test your knowledge of concepts, and a short reflective assignment will give you the opportunity to analyze the questions designers ask themselves today. This is an essential course for emerging designers entering the field, or for students interested in learning more about visual culture and analysis. No previous experience is required....

PD

Nov 27, 2016

Its been a great course, many info and points that are fantastic in the learning or adding new knowledge always. I will always recommend this course for those who want to know more and learn design.

AD

Dec 05, 2016

Loved it and all the examples the teachers put into it, as well as the organization and evolution of themes. Big thank you to the teacher ladies. I learned a lot and enjoyed the lessons very much.

151 - 175 of 230 Reviews for Ideas from the History of Graphic Design

By maria K

Oct 21, 2017

i love history of graphic design!

By Daniel D

Jul 11, 2016

Great course!! Thank you, Coursera!!!

By Juachi O

Sep 21, 2017

Enjoyed learning about the evolution of Graphic Design. I do wish this course covered other countries. Perhaps I'll look that up independently

By Dave L

Aug 31, 2016

Pretty good for such a short course - interesting ideas and exposure to new concepts. Thanks!

By Tudor C G

Apr 17, 2019

Useful information and a guide to further reading

By 瞿睿

Apr 01, 2019

I really think the materials are well organized. For beginners like me, it offers so much inspiration. Good course!

By LU F

Apr 02, 2019

Great information.

By Guthrie A

May 13, 2019

Great course!

By Christopher J

May 27, 2019

the whole course is great. i learned i didn't know much about graphic design. and i know now i need to continue to practice.

By Maya R

May 20, 2019

Very nice overview over the history of graphic design!

By Aleksandar J

Jun 10, 2019

Completely satisfied with this course. I learned a lot about history of graphic design and its influence in modern graphic design. Would recommend this course to anybody!

By Tatiana M

Jun 16, 2019

A very informative course with plenty of great examples.

By Oleksandra S

Jun 21, 2019

Very good course!

By Doaa M M

Aug 03, 2019

جيد جدا

By Konstantinos A

Aug 08, 2019

one of the most interesting courses I have ever took part!!

By Eularia S

May 21, 2019

Amazing course.

By Iskra D

May 21, 2019

The course gives good basics on the design development throughout the years.

By Anna S

Sep 08, 2019

Amazing course, which helped me to understand the philosophy of graphic design and be open minded.

By Austin B

Aug 24, 2019

Broadened my vision of GD

By Amy B K

Oct 06, 2019

Insightful overview of history and development of design concepts. A must have foundation course.

By Yuliya S

Oct 27, 2019

I really liked the course material and the way teachers provide information. I learned a lot and noted many areas that I will continue to study on my own.

By Salem F A

Sep 22, 2019

this is the pest part of Graphic design previous courses, I love it because i see much more about designing in diffrent eras, really this is helpful course for everyone.

By Hay C Y

Sep 19, 2019

I think learning from the history is really important for graphic designers, as inspirations or reference! This course does a great job covering different styles and schools of graphic design!

By Salem F A

Sep 28, 2019

I get a lot of information from this part of graphic design specialization courses, very highly recommended .

By Justyna B

Sep 05, 2019

Very interesting and informative course!