Back to Ideas from the History of Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ideas from the History of Graphic Design by California Institute of the Arts

This condensed survey course focuses on four key periods or themes from the history of design. Together we’ll trace the emergence of design as a recognized practice, why things look the way they do, and how designers approached specific design problems in their work. Each week, a short quiz will test your knowledge of concepts, and a short reflective assignment will give you the opportunity to analyze the questions designers ask themselves today. This is an essential course for emerging designers entering the field, or for students interested in learning more about visual culture and analysis. No previous experience is required....

PD
Nov 26, 2016

Its been a great course, many info and points that are fantastic in the learning or adding new knowledge always. I will always recommend this course for those who want to know more and learn design.

AD
Dec 4, 2016

Loved it and all the examples the teachers put into it, as well as the organization and evolution of themes. Big thank you to the teacher ladies. I learned a lot and enjoyed the lessons very much.

151 - 175 of 404 Reviews for Ideas from the History of Graphic Design

By AC

Oct 7, 2016

Liked the course. I would love to learn even more about the History of Graphic Design now))

By Eugen M

Aug 20, 2016

An excellent course for those who know more.

Very well presented, quite easy to understand.

By Katsiaryna K

Jan 24, 2021

Very nice and condenced course that makes introduction into the history of graphic design.

By Brenda R

Jun 7, 2018

I thought it would be boring, but they made it very fun and interesting! Enjoyed it a lot!

By Aryan I

Jun 8, 2020

This was one of the most inspiration and informational courses on graphic design history

By MARCIO R P

Jul 15, 2020

The course is excellent. Very varied and dynamic. The teaching platform is sensational.

By Yudi P

Jun 2, 2020

This course improve my knowledge about history of Graphic Design. This course is great!

By Valentina S

Dec 5, 2019

That was very informative and inspiring. I wish all the courses could be like this one.

By Michael L

Apr 21, 2020

Well presented ideas that provide a foundation of understanding visual communication

By Soh W K

Oct 26, 2018

Insightful understanding of Bauhaus and it's philosophy and Teachers and Artworks.

By Yash K

Jul 26, 2020

It was so inspiring and got to learn so much about the history of graphic design!

By Hanif R

Dec 19, 2020

I learned a lot of history from this course. Graphic Design had come a long way.

By Renee T

Feb 11, 2018

I've learned so many new design ideas. The history behind it all is fascinating.

By Astrid S

Feb 14, 2017

Loved this course! Super interesting content and motivating lecturers! Awesome!

By Sion J

Jun 18, 2020

I learned a lot that I'd not known about specific logos and who created them.

By Iskra D

May 21, 2019

The course gives good basics on the design development throughout the years.

By Mubashir Z

Dec 25, 2020

this course is well designed, helps to rethink the ability for image making

By Taneesha

Aug 2, 2018

My favourite of the courses in the Graphic Design Specialisation thus far !

By Ephraim N

Dec 13, 2019

Very interesting and definitely feels like it helps my approach to design.

By Mariagabriella L

Jul 2, 2017

I learned a lot, especially how to research and understand other designers

By Piotr

Jan 28, 2021

I enjoyed this course thoroughly. I'm giving it 5 stars and recommend it.

By Guilherme R P

Thank you very much dear teachers. I have loved learning from you!

Cheers.

By Ar. S D

Oct 12, 2020

very interesting course, learned the basic about graphic design history.

By Michelle G

Oct 12, 2017

A very interesting survey with lots of useful and stimulating content.

By Camila D

Nov 10, 2016

A really good course, it even help me with some classes in university!