Back to Greening the Economy: Lessons from Scandinavia

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Lessons from Scandinavia by Lund University

How can we live a good life on one planet with over seven billion people? This course will explore greening the economy on four levels – individual, business, city, and nation. We will look at the relationships between these levels and give many practical examples of the complexities and solutions across the levels. Scandinavia, a pioneering place advancing sustainability and combating climate change, is a unique starting point for learning about greening the economy. We will learn from many initiatives attempted in Scandinavia since the 1970s, which are all potentially helpful and useful for other countries and contexts. The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University is an international centre of excellence on strategies for sustainable solutions. The IIIEE is ideally suited to understand and explain the interdisciplinary issues in green economies utilising the diverse disciplinary backgrounds of its international staff. The IIIEE has been researching and teaching on sustainability and greener economies since the 1990s and it has extensive international networks connecting with a variety of organizations....

MF

Oct 10, 2015

amazing course, recomendable to anybody interested in sustainable development. The people taking the course are from all over the world and we share ideas or help each other on specific topics.

MM

Oct 06, 2015

Amazing and inspiring. Especially love the interviews at the end of each week. Very good pace and amount of information. Teacher are experts in their field. Love every minute of the lecturers!

26 - 50 of 134 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Lessons from Scandinavia

By Mina

Oct 06, 2015

By Pierre-Bernard V A

Oct 15, 2015

Very good introductory course. It gives a very good and comprehensive insight in the different aspects of a greener economy. This should be a standard course in lots of educational programs.

By Sayed M F D

Jun 07, 2020

Very nicely structured the course by segregating into various departments like individual, organisation, city and policy wise. It really helped to look at the same problem differently.

By Lin'en D

May 09, 2020

It is a very good designed course, which will guide us to think about environmental chanllenges systemacically, and point out the direction for sollution. Strongly recommendation!

By Carlos A C I

Mar 20, 2017

It's one of the most biggest experiences for everyone, and everyone who wants to be part of the sustainability, who wish and want a better world seen since the green economy

By Jagoda T

Apr 18, 2020

It took me a while, especially with peer review. Nevertheless I feel that and I will definitely be coming back to these resources sometime in the future for reference :)

By Liisa L

Oct 25, 2017

Amazing course, lectures, professors and study methods. I felt that I gained so much knowledge but it easy to adapt it. Thank you these wonderful weeks full of learning!

By Meng M

Oct 29, 2015

It's a great course helping me understand what green economy is and what to do in our lives.It also makes me notice the eco-lable in the supermarket which I didn't know.

By Diego M L

Sep 07, 2020

Un curso muy interesante con contenido de calidad. La problemática ambiental está lejos de terminar y este curso es un buen punto de partida para realizar cambios.

By Gabriela M B

Mar 20, 2017

It's a very well designed course. It speaks about individual choices and how to manage them, market options for green economy, and political acts to achieve it.

By JOSEPH E

May 26, 2017

Loved this course - great videos, really interesting subject matter, thought provoking peer review projects/questions, genuinely really enjoyed this! Thanks!

By Пеунова И К

Oct 07, 2019

I do like the course, as I've learnt a lot and I've started studying events, businesses, cities from a different point of view. That's very exciting.

By Aakash D

Oct 26, 2015

The course gives a broad overview of how businesses can iintegrate sustainability and is like a pre cursor to LU's masters degree in Environment, ma

By Arina L

Aug 02, 2019

I loved the course, thank You. Volume, from different angles. It was difficult to respond to the tests, the more valuable the point received.

By Cheuk W T Y

May 14, 2018

Engaging course with simple ideas that are easy to digest. A certain level of complexity is brought in particularly by the interviewees.

By Tran T T

Mar 09, 2020

My very first MOOC on sustainability topic.

Good to have an overview on the link between environmental and economic aspects of society

By Alvaro S

Oct 12, 2015

It's been an opportunity of professional growth so far. Totally advisable. Extremely important for a nowadays earth human inhabitant.

By Julia K

May 05, 2020

Very interesting course, covering a lot of aspects. Would love to take another course that goes even deeper into each of the topics!

By Luca Z

Apr 29, 2019

Very clearly explained, also for those not very familiar with the core subject. Challenging, practical and rewarding learning methd.

By Jason G

Oct 13, 2015

Great lectures and discussions around sustainability in Scandinavia. I leanred a lot of information that I could apply in my life.

By Muhammad I

Sep 16, 2015

I want more about sustainable city that everyone can get everything they need in a walk distance. be Gone noisy motor vehicles.

By Ananta B S

Apr 11, 2017

very informative course.. very intriguing method of teaching.. interviews with different stakeholders were very enlightening.

By Esther A A A

Feb 20, 2018

I totally enjoyed the course! I also appreciate the scholarship offered me. Thank you, Lund University, thank you, Coursera!

By Kartik N

Jan 06, 2020

Insightful, tests are difficult so kindly pay attention to minute details. The advice is generalised but still a step ahead

By Kelvin C C

Jun 23, 2017

Buen curso, me hizo reflexionar y analizar en cada semana del desarrollo de los modulos. Buenas lecciones de Escandinavia.