Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course will explore sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We will connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We will examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. We will look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We utilize films and reports by WWF, the Economist Intelligence Unit, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, UN-Habitat, C40 Climate Leadership Group, Arup, Sustainia, the Rockefeller Foundation, and ongoing research projects. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere! The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University is an international centre of excellence on sustainable solutions. The IIIEE is ideally suited to understand and explain the interdisciplinary issues in sustainable cities and greening the economy utilising the diverse disciplinary backgrounds of its international staff. The IIIEE has been researching and teaching on sustainable solutions since the 1990s and it has extensive international networks connecting with a variety of organizations....

SV

Sep 29, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB

Mar 15, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

76 - 100 of 614 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Rodolfo P M

Dec 17, 2017

I recommend this course to everyone. EVERYONE. As long as you are a person interest to know more about sustainability and how we (each individual) can do something, it's the right course for you. Thanks a lot to Coursera and Lund University.

By Zebun N A

Oct 04, 2020

I found the course to be focused and interesting. It is good general knowledge for today's World and needs to be common knowledge so that we can have a sustainable future by finding ways in which we can apply the knowledge in our own cites.

By Sirish M

May 24, 2018

This course has driven me to take up Urban Studies for my professional future and has also taught me that there's no going forward without educating ourselves about Sustainability development and most importantly, it's implementation.

By Diego C

Sep 03, 2020

Very informative course! The reading materials and videos were really good planned. With this course, I got a deep understanding of the new trends in urban sustainability and the new strategies taking place to reach the goals by 2030

By Anastasiia S

Mar 15, 2018

I am really enjoying this course! It is carefully designed, very informative, and introduces you to many great professionals in the field of urban sustainability - academics, urban researchers, bloggers, etc.. I highly recommend it!

By Faturachman

Nov 17, 2016

A very enlightening course. Many cities Government in Indonesia is starting develop their cities with adopting smart sustainable cities and ICT. They realize without that we will loss competitiveness, resilience, and inclusiveness.

By Joseph J M B

Apr 26, 2020

It was a great learning experience..Thank you for all the facilitator for this coarse and to all the cities & people for all their initiatives to provide a better future. Please continue for all your efforts and good luck.....

By Okediji I O

Sep 29, 2020

Am very happy to take this course because it has given me the courage to make a difference and a great impart in my community and nation.

Thanks to the organizers of this course. I think we can all shape the green world.

By Ovie A

Sep 30, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I learned a lot and i hope to build upon the knowledge i acquired here. I wanna thank the organizers of this course for putting in the energy and effort necessary to make this a reality.

By Carlos O

Mar 17, 2016

Very interesting and thank you for clearly organizing and the topics in which sustainable cities is being studied. Very helpful indeed specially in places where the topic is still not particularly in the policy agenda .

By Dita S

May 04, 2020

great course, I can find new sights about sustainable cities and it's examples and all the moves. It is inspiring enough for me to do next. Thank you so much Lund University and Coursera to provide this course for us.

By Blake S

Jun 10, 2019

Great material and assignments. The course was successful in providing a comprehensive overview of green transformation and made a compelling argument regarding urban focused sustainability and resilience investment.

By Fernanda T C

It was an amazing course! It is very current, the topics are very well explained and the theme is very relevant and fundamental nowadays. I have absolutely loved it and I am sure it has brought me a lot of knowledge.

By Pranita P M

Sep 23, 2020

This course gave one of the best understanding on how sustainability of the cities is the need of the hour and how we as students much approach and address this issue while helping the earth heal its climate change!

By Ellie C

May 09, 2017

Especially loved Week 5 - examples around the world are the best things to grasp. I wish more of the quizzes had been about testing the examples we had learnt. Else very satisfied. So grateful that Coursera exists.

By Marianela A

Oct 20, 2020

Excellent course, it opens your eyes to how other countries are working for sustainable cities and the importance of teamwork integrating the community, the government and private companies. I recommend it 100%.

By MUHOZA J P

Mar 28, 2020

The course is well structured with concret examples. In the future I would love to see how some of the best practices shown have been implemented somewhere else. Thanks to everyone who made this course possible.

By DAMODAR V K

Mar 06, 2020

It was an amazing course, the issue of sustainability is such a broad topic. Truly enjoyed all the lectures and also had an birds eye view. The course goes beyond conventional ways of addressing sustainability.

By Arinze G

May 05, 2020

This was very educative. The knowledge garnered from this course will enhance my sustainability approach to life and in my daily social life. I will recommend this to my fellow colleagues and friends.

Thanks.

By Dheeraj S B

Sep 16, 2017

Good Course. Brings lot of new insights from renewable developments. You get to know a lot of things happening in the cities and the importance of the cities for achieving a sustainable future and solutions.

By Harshad

Sep 08, 2020

Very interesting course

It really motivates one to think about the challenges to sustainable development of their city and the solutions through which we can make our city and our lives greener and cleaner

By Paulo H P

Jan 27, 2020

Really enjoyed this course and the various initiatives presented from around the globe. It is a growing topic and it certainly needs more courses and initiatives such as this one. I'll be happy to refer it!

By Rafael d S V

Feb 28, 2018

The course provides an outstanding background about sustainability in a variety of fields. In addition, it has a very dynamic and objective interface. I surely will recommend it for my friends and students.

By Adrián E R

Feb 11, 2017

Excellent course, totally relevant with the problems we are facing TOGETHER as a planet. In a personal note this course can be a platform that shifts my career towards sustainable urban development. Thanks.

By Carlos R H

Sep 01, 2019

I've enjoyed a lot with this course. They give you a professional overall vision of how we (academia, politicians, enterpreneurs and citizens) should act in order to both adapt and mitigate climate change.