Back to Health Across the Gender Spectrum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Across the Gender Spectrum by Stanford University

This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child. Due to the sensitive nature of the story-based course content, we have chosen not to offer course certificates for this course. Simply put, we feel that the thoughts, ideas and sentiments of these remarkable children and their families... are priceless. We are confident that, like us, you will end up learning more from them than you could ever imagine. Together, we can lay a stronger foundation for all children. Join us as we explore health, across the gender spectrum. Additional note: When submitting answers to quizzes, you may be asked to enter your "full legal name". This feature is primarily for verification purposes for courses that offer a certificate on Coursera, so it does not really apply to this course. We recognize that, for some individuals the name they use does not match the one on their legal documents. Please feel free to enter the name you normally use in these boxes....

PB
May 10, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. My stepson (born a female) is transgender. This course has helped me understand things more and gave me a lot of pointers on how to do things. Thank you so much!

CM

I love how concise and easy to understand the videos were. They all get straight to the point and it was really a mind-blowing experience to learn about the differences and what we can do to support.

176 - 200 of 515 Reviews for Health Across the Gender Spectrum

By MJ

Mar 11, 2021

This is the most eye-opening course I have done to better myself as a human. It teaches acceptance and an awareness of one's compassion. It is so vital in today's society

By Ani L

May 4, 2020

El curso esta bueno para retomar conceptos basicos de diversidad y adquirir herramientas para el trabajo en el sistema de salud, las escuelas o cuálquier ambito laboral.

By hannah

Apr 15, 2017

Health Across the Gender Spectrum is a very significant course. It lets me understand what transgender is and how we should do to respect and welcome them. Thanks a lot.

By Daniel A M S

Dec 2, 2019

Excelent content and audios, superb quality and a very important topic to be shared and though to everyone. Thanks a lot for all the information and new points of view.

By Robin E

Sep 28, 2017

Very sensitively produced videos and information. Should be accessible to most. Definitely worth completing if you want to understand the basics about gender identity.

By Sunita M

Jul 8, 2021

this is a nicely conceived course and lays a sound foundation to sensitize the community towards gender identity issues in the society that has been ignored for ages.

By Jackson R

Nov 24, 2020

This course was a major eye opener. It helped me to understand what I could do or say to make someone feel comfortable. It would defiantly help with today’s society.

By Danilo B B F

May 12, 2017

One of the most beautiful courses I've ever seen on the Internet. Congratulations for managing to put this subject to be discussed by people from all over the world!

By Karen N

Jun 25, 2021

I really wanted to understand the topic because I wanted to know how to act if I met someone who's a transgender and the coursed served me well! Thank you so much!

By Catie F

May 23, 2018

This course was well designed and treated this sensitive topic with great respect. I learned things I can use in my daily life to support my transgender daughter.

By Abhinaya V

Jun 15, 2017

This was a beautiful course celebrating the fact that transgender and non binary individuals are humans too and must be treated with respect and love. I loved it!

By Aritra C

Oct 6, 2020

This course really helps me create a gender-free unbiased thinking end of the day, got a detailed idea of how we can make our environment gender-free ,thank you

By Özge Y

Aug 12, 2020

It was well-designed course! I love videos and real-life stories! I am planning to use these material while I give online training to my cases! Thank you so much

By Mercedes F

Mar 23, 2020

Excellent quality material, easy to understand for first-steps on the issue but also interesting and moving for those who already are familiar to gender studies.

By Amanda H

Feb 2, 2019

Such an amazing course that is laid out in such a great way to fully understand what the youth are going through. Thank you for providing such an amazing course.

By Edrika G

Sep 1, 2020

This course was exceptionally narrated with GREAT illustrations and content. I'm going to recommend this for those in both my personal and professional life.

By Andreza L

Oct 1, 2017

Thank you so much to put together this beautiful course. It help me a lot to understand what can be done to support transgender children in their early years.

By Laura H P G

Feb 10, 2020

I Loved this course!!! It was so beatuifully explained. It made me so sensible about trasgender, and now I feel renewed. I would recommend it to everyone.

By Saadia N

Jul 28, 2017

We should respect all genders, it is very important.Everybody is free.Freedom for all people,whatever they want to do in life.Because,we got only one life.

By Tammy W

Apr 16, 2017

A wonderful course that opened my mind to something I had tried to understand, but couldn't. Thank you for sharing the individual stories and experiences.

By Margherita G

Sep 9, 2018

This course is very informative and gives a very good basis to understand what transgender means and why it is important to support transgender children.

By Karen R

Dec 5, 2020

I felt very honored to have participated in this course. Very engaging, human, loving, everything I learned I will use with my students here in Brazil.

By Veronika B

Mar 9, 2020

Excellent course! It really show multiple perspectives about respecting the human thinking and feelings, starting with kids and evolving in to adults.

By Abril A

Apr 24, 2020

Muy buen curso para comprender e informarse acerca de este tema tan delicado que muchas veces no sabemos cómo abordar o manejar. Increíblemente útil.

By Penny O

Nov 21, 2018

This should be mandatory for anyone working with the general public. I felt like I was pretty well educated, but this course educated me even more!!