Back to Health Across the Gender Spectrum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Across the Gender Spectrum by Stanford University

This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child. Due to the sensitive nature of the story-based course content, we have chosen not to offer course certificates for this course. Simply put, we feel that the thoughts, ideas and sentiments of these remarkable children and their families... are priceless. We are confident that, like us, you will end up learning more from them than you could ever imagine. Together, we can lay a stronger foundation for all children. Join us as we explore health, across the gender spectrum. Additional note: When submitting answers to quizzes, you may be asked to enter your "full legal name". This feature is primarily for verification purposes for courses that offer a certificate on Coursera, so it does not really apply to this course. We recognize that, for some individuals the name they use does not match the one on their legal documents. Please feel free to enter the name you normally use in these boxes....

PB
May 10, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. My stepson (born a female) is transgender. This course has helped me understand things more and gave me a lot of pointers on how to do things. Thank you so much!

CM

I love how concise and easy to understand the videos were. They all get straight to the point and it was really a mind-blowing experience to learn about the differences and what we can do to support.

151 - 175 of 478 Reviews for Health Across the Gender Spectrum

By isabella r b

May 23, 2020

I love this course! it really opened my eyes about transgender children and non-binary, it helped me to understard those children and how to be more inclusive as a teacher. thank you so much.

By Fabián S

Jan 6, 2018

Un curso muy completo y didáctico que da las bases más relevantes para comprender y poner en práctica la educación transgénero desde un punto de vista que abarca todo el espectro de género.

By Kristal G

Apr 18, 2017

Excellent course to learn and review health issues and general information across the gender spectrum. Also to have a better understanding of children as they are trying to understand t

By Yun D

May 3, 2017

This is a wonderful class! It tells me about what's the real meaning of gender. The world is with diversity. Everyone has the right to be the authentic self and respect other's choice.

By D

Apr 15, 2017

Thank you for building and sharing this BEAUTIFUL community, to let us know how inclusive we can be and what it means to love and accept our family and friends for who they truly are.

By Lihini W

Sep 29, 2017

Easy to use, great explanations through drawings, interviews and real life stories. I enjoyed this and feel much more enlightened about what it means to be transgender now. Thank you

By Blake B

Nov 15, 2017

I took this course in effort to simply educate myself and got far more than excepted. I cried during every video in week one and was deeply touched by people's stories and outlooks.

By Mariana P

Oct 21, 2020

Very interesting course! It helped me to understand more about the gender spectrum and therefore I fell more able to help and support people across the gender spectrum. Thank you!

By George B

Sep 6, 2018

A great way for people to learn about the gender spectrum, its family friendly and would be a good way to show your child the gender spectrum if they don't already know about it.

By Alain S

Apr 14, 2017

I hope this course won't "suffer" the bubble-effect in that only open minded people take it. The question is, how can we achieve that people who really need it actually take it!

By Nancy Q P

Apr 13, 2017

I really enjoyed the class. Opened up my eyes to a new level. Being a mom i feel i am more aware and listen to what the little ones say. Honor and respect their view. Thank you!

By Jenny C

May 13, 2017

Very insightful and easy to understand with illustrations. Provides fantastic interviews and draws on the expertise of other healthcare professionals to provide a diverse view.

By Luis M

Jun 19, 2020

Very easy to understand and follow. The graphics helped a lot, and the way it was presented with stories made me understand better the concepts and cleared some of my doubts.

By Diego A G M d O

Apr 9, 2017

Ayuda bastante a comprender el espectro de género en todas sus variantes, la manera en que debe ser concebido y como es que se puede ayudar a las personas que son transgénero

By Iliana P M

Mar 25, 2020

Through the narratives of parents, children and academics the concept of gender identity is explained. It's a valuable course that helped me a lot about the gender spectrum.

By Timothy C

Sep 17, 2017

An excellent course which provides underpinning knowledge to the social issues that transgendered individuals face through the stories of people who have experienced them.

By Ani L

May 4, 2020

El curso esta bueno para retomar conceptos basicos de diversidad y adquirir herramientas para el trabajo en el sistema de salud, las escuelas o cuálquier ambito laboral.

By hannah

Apr 15, 2017

Health Across the Gender Spectrum is a very significant course. It lets me understand what transgender is and how we should do to respect and welcome them. Thanks a lot.

By Daniel A M S

Dec 2, 2019

Excelent content and audios, superb quality and a very important topic to be shared and though to everyone. Thanks a lot for all the information and new points of view.

By Robin E

Sep 28, 2017

Very sensitively produced videos and information. Should be accessible to most. Definitely worth completing if you want to understand the basics about gender identity.

By Jackson R

Nov 24, 2020

This course was a major eye opener. It helped me to understand what I could do or say to make someone feel comfortable. It would defiantly help with today’s society.

By Danilo B B F

May 12, 2017

One of the most beautiful courses I've ever seen on the Internet. Congratulations for managing to put this subject to be discussed by people from all over the world!

By Catie F

May 23, 2018

This course was well designed and treated this sensitive topic with great respect. I learned things I can use in my daily life to support my transgender daughter.

By Abhinaya V

Jun 15, 2017

This was a beautiful course celebrating the fact that transgender and non binary individuals are humans too and must be treated with respect and love. I loved it!

By Aritra C

Oct 6, 2020

This course really helps me create a gender-free unbiased thinking end of the day, got a detailed idea of how we can make our environment gender-free ,thank you