Back to Health Across the Gender Spectrum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Across the Gender Spectrum by Stanford University

This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child. Due to the sensitive nature of the story-based course content, we have chosen not to offer course certificates for this course. Simply put, we feel that the thoughts, ideas and sentiments of these remarkable children and their families... are priceless. We are confident that, like us, you will end up learning more from them than you could ever imagine. Together, we can lay a stronger foundation for all children. Join us as we explore health, across the gender spectrum. Additional note: When submitting answers to quizzes, you may be asked to enter your "full legal name". This feature is primarily for verification purposes for courses that offer a certificate on Coursera, so it does not really apply to this course. We recognize that, for some individuals the name they use does not match the one on their legal documents. Please feel free to enter the name you normally use in these boxes....

PB

May 11, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. My stepson (born a female) is transgender. This course has helped me understand things more and gave me a lot of pointers on how to do things. Thank you so much!

CM

I love how concise and easy to understand the videos were. They all get straight to the point and it was really a mind-blowing experience to learn about the differences and what we can do to support.

201 - 225 of 433 Reviews for Health Across the Gender Spectrum

By Kristen C

Apr 15, 2017

This course should be required learning for everyone. Accepting people for who they are is the greatest gift we can give people.

By David J H

Mar 28, 2017

Excellent introductory course. Well worth the effort and valuable for parents, family, teachers, healthcare workers and others.

By Allison C

Apr 24, 2017

I enjoy this training. I looked at it as a refresher course and how to be more mindful of how I interact with others including

By Jivesh G

Jun 17, 2020

This is the best course I have done so far on Coursera. Thank you Stanford University for providing such immense information.

By Jada D

May 08, 2017

Great course! Very easy to follow along with. It was very eye-opening for me and will definitely be remembered in the future.

By Huishan W

Apr 13, 2017

a very informative course with many real stories and interview, which provide a concrete knowledge about the gender spectrum.

By Felipe A S

Muy buen curso, fácil de comprender. Ahonda en las emociones, percepciones y reacciones de las personas trans y su entorno.

By Jimena

May 14, 2020

muy hermoso me aporto mucha informacion de calidad sobretodo los relatos personales creo que eso es lo mas valioso.

gracias

By Athanasia

Jul 30, 2017

A course that every person should take.You will learn to accept the diversity and you will get knowledge which is power!!!

By Lucía A G

Dec 18, 2017

Muy interesante. Los videos son claros e informativos. La experiencias personales le dan un toque extra a las lecciones.

By SHREYA S

Jun 25, 2020

IT WAS GREAT BEING A PART OF THIS JOURNEY. HONESTLY SPEAKING I HAVE GENERATED A SENSE OF ACCEPTANCE FOR ALL AROUND ME.

By Jomarie k A G

Apr 26, 2020

Thank you, Stanford University! I was able to widen my perspectives with regards to embracing unity among diversity!

By Teresa B

Apr 07, 2017

excellent content and very timely. Thank you for providing this course and thank you all for sharing your stories.

By john

This was very helpful to understanding how we can all help expand and include everyone across the Gender Spectrum.

By Lila H

Jun 12, 2017

Great introduction to the language and concepts of gender identity. Moving videos augment the learning experience.

By Allison C

May 01, 2017

Wonderful course. Great videos and quizzes. A fantastic resource for parents, teachers, and healthcare providers.

By Carly J

Apr 29, 2017

amazing vital course for all parents, professionals and anyone who wants to make the world more inclusive , thank

By Consuelo H

Jul 21, 2020

A great space to lear about the gender spectrum and people! So take and learn to make this world a better world!

By Sage V

May 08, 2017

Especially loved the Week 2 Materials. Good combination of medical/logistical information and personal accounts

By Audra B

Sep 26, 2017

Great mix of academic, conceptual, theoretical, factual, and real human experiences about the gender spectrum!

By Argelia G

Nov 06, 2018

Excellent content presented in a very kind and human manner: through the voice of the main figures! Loved it!

By María G T

Jun 19, 2020

Un curso que deja excelentes conceptos con entrevistas muy interesantes que representa el curso enteramente.

By Marie S

Oct 04, 2017

The videos were informative and enjoyable to watch. The content was straight forward and easy to comprehend.

By Alexander W

Aug 17, 2017

This is an important resource in helping our society become more knowledgeable and accepting of all members.

By Jennifer C

Apr 25, 2017

Thanks so much for offering this course and helping others to learn about Health Across the Gender Spectrum!