Back to Humanitarian communication : Addressing key challenges

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Humanitarian communication : Addressing key challenges by University of Geneva

Learn how to address the main challenges of communication in humanitarian settings and how to implement a communication plan in the midst of humanitarian action....

HM

Jul 29, 2017

This is very useful course, especially for those who are working or volunteering in the humanitarian organizations, and those students who are planning their career in humanitarian sector.

MS

Mar 27, 2017

Great course ! Good eye opener to the importance of ethics in communication tools.\n\nIt also effectively provided the tools to develop a strong communication strategy! Thanks

1 - 25 of 36 Reviews for Humanitarian communication : Addressing key challenges

Apr 30, 2019

Awesome

By Carlos G J P

Apr 16, 2019

I really like the course. It was a really great approach to the humanitarian world for communicators who are new in this field

By OLAKUNLE P J

Mar 30, 2019

great

By Amanda C

Nov 22, 2018

Thank you so much to all the staff (teachers, students and technical producers)! I really enjoyed the course and learned a lot about communication processes, not only in humanitarian contexts but also in my daily life.

By Maria G M

Oct 12, 2018

Excelent !

By Koya A E

Jun 05, 2018

Excelle

By Karen K S

May 22, 2018

Very good and 'hands-on' course. I could have used more on the M&E side (e.g. tools, good indicators etc.) because this is often something we are chronically poor at doing in our sector. M&E of comms is so important and often colleagues in our sector end up only using 'vanity metrics' such as number of clicks/views/#of feedback/#attending information meetings etc - if doing any comms M&E at all. Rarely, qualitative metrics, which can actually give insights as to how comms work or not is deployed.

By Brigitte R

May 04, 2018

I really appreciate how this MOOC has been structured. Students have to possibility to strengthen their understanding of specificities and challenges characterizing humanitarian communications in a progressive and constructive way. Both final case studies help student to go through all aspects highlighted during the whole training and will encourage them to reflect an design a own strategic and operational communication in a particular context affected by a humanitarian crisis. Professors address each module by teaching in an extremely clear and pedagogic way. Thank you!

By obaike i

Feb 09, 2018

So instrumental

By Balqis A Q

Jan 29, 2018

Excellent Course , Strongly recommended for all humanitarian field workers

By Adetokunbo D L

Jan 12, 2018

Relevant and easy to understand and apply content. Professional delivery by qualified tutors.

By Tamer D A

Jan 11, 2018

Excellent course, I´ve already shared it with my Translator and Interpreter colleagues in the UK.

Very well presented. All of the lecturers are professional communicators, while some things seem obvious, it´s actually harder to put into practice such concepts in a crisis and under pressure.

Good choice of case studies and questions. The Ebola epidemic may be repeated, perhaps, becoming more fatal and killing many more thousands and potentially millions if the correct measures are not taken. Communication in such crises is key to managing and containing the crisis.

This course highlights the importance of any humanitarian worker to communicate effectively in the context of his/her environment. The course contains all the relevant documents which form the international norms used by Humanitarian Agencies such as ICRC, MSF and the UN.

Thank you for allowing me to participate in this course.

Tam

By Marie G R B

Dec 11, 2017

Very informative and helpful

By Francesca A

Nov 28, 2017

This course was great!

Content clear, lessons wells structured and organised, even in little details and a excellent final project. I am thankful to the professors and lecturers.

Wish an entire online master would be available. Would be happy to pay for it.

By Lucia K

Oct 27, 2017

Great course!

By Tarek T

Sep 25, 2017

Very essential course for all humanitarian workers on the different levels.

I recommend this course as one of the basics for everyone aims to have a professional humanitarian endeavour!

Especial thanks to all the lecturers and for CERAH the place of making perfect humanitarian professional. My ambition and dream to continue my studies in this great place!

By Andrés M G

Aug 24, 2017

It was a great experience for me. I think that it’s important to get closer to different ways to communication and specially in humanitarian context.

¡Muchas gracias!

By Leire

Aug 24, 2017

Great introduction on humanitarian communication for the ones we work in the field of human rights. Moreover, the structure of the course and the explanations of the professors are really well presented. Congratulations!

By Christopher L C

Aug 23, 2017

I thought the course was very well structured, presented and provided insightful material. For anyone who has never worked in humanitarian aid communication, the course is a great beginning step. I felt somewhat intellectually challenged at times. The readings and lectures were motivating, which helped me continue on to finish the course. I recommend this course to anyone who has never worked in such a role and context and would like to learn more.

By Ewa D

Aug 21, 2017

I really enjoyed it. The theory part was a bit boring but necessary. What was the most exciting for me: the case studies and final assignment. Real hands on. Tones of useful reading materials, really facinating. Really recommended.

By Jane M

Aug 10, 2017

I really enjoyed this course and found the content very topical and compelling. The variety of trainers kept the content interesting. I learned a lot from taking this unit.

By Haris M

Jul 29, 2017

By odimegwu t

Jul 17, 2017

awesome course,i learfnt so much. Thank you

By Ljubica A

Jul 17, 2017

The course was very concise and full of relevant information about communication in humanitarian crisis. I would highly recommend it for everybody interested in this topic!