Back to Industrial IoT on Google Cloud Platform

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Industrial IoT on Google Cloud Platform by Google Cloud

By enrolling in this specialization you agree to the Qwiklabs Terms of Service as set out in the FAQ and located at: https://qwiklabs.com/terms_of_service <<< Welcome to the Coursera course, Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) brought to you by the Google Cloud team. I’m Catherine Gamboa and I’m going to be your guide. This course covers the entire Industrial IoT network architecture from sensors and devices to analysis. The course discusses sensors and devices but the focus is on the cloud side. You'll learn about the importance of scaling, device communication, and processing streaming data. The course uses simulated devices in the labs to allow you to concentrate on learning the cloud side of IIoT. The course is a little different than most Coursera courses because there is very little video. Most of the learning is done with short readings, quizzes, and labs. This course takes about two weeks to complete, 11-12 hours of work with 6 of those hours spent in labs. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: create a streaming data pipeline, to create registries with Cloud IoT Core, topics and subscriptions with Cloud Pub/Sub, store data on Google Cloud Storage, query the data in BigQuery, and gain data insights with Dataprep. You'll learn and practice these skills in 7 labs. Then you'll have an opportunity to test yourself in an optional capstone lab using simulated devices or Cloud IoT Core Inspector....

AK
Jul 11, 2020

It was a nice experience for me . I learnt a lot about google cloud platform and how the cloud works .Their assignments and labs were very fun and productive. This is a perfect course for a beginner.

YG
Apr 12, 2020

Great Course. I was new to Google Cloud. But, the course teach well about the Google Cloud Platform. I had some problems in the Qwiklab sessions. But, I resolve them by chatting. Thank You!

451 - 475 of 662 Reviews for Industrial IoT on Google Cloud Platform

By Fadillah M

Good

By Suraj P

good

By vaghadiya B R

May 16, 2020

By Azhar

May 13, 2020

good

By prashant r

May 13, 2020

good

By Manjula B

May 12, 2020

Jun 6, 2020

ok

By Chris M

Apr 2, 2020

This was a very interesting course for me as it was my first time to experience Google Cloud and its tools. Some of the things IT engineers take for granted, and are not explained in the course are details I had to learn on-the-fly in order to work efficiently. It was a good challenge and I enjoy a good challenge as I get a lot of value out of challenges. Thank you to the Qwiklabs support team for being there for me to ask a few questions along the way. They were helpful in my success with the course. Thank you Google.

By RAJA G

This course is more about the cloud computing platform offered by Google and less about the actual hardware of IOT device which is also crucial when working with Internet of Things. I am an electronics engineering student so i have much more interest on hardware aspect of IOT, although this course give good knowledge about Google Cloud Computing, data storage, data analysis in cloud. Hope it will help me when i further move to Industrial IOT field in my curriculum.

By Junaid S S

The course was good. It introduced me to Google cloud platform and how iot networks can be enhanced by using GCP. This course is little different than most of the other courses out there. Because the actual learning in this course is done by reading . this course majorly contain a lot of reading content and has relatively less videos. Also the lab is there as an external tool which enables a learner into actually performing the skills which this course is teaching.

By Omkar W

Aug 9, 2020

its a great way to be introduced to various tools tat GCP provides for IoT system interfacing, management, analytics and more. It doesn't teach you to be better at being a developer for cloud IoT services, but it explains in details everything you need to know to become a developer. its a 2 week course so it only educates on tools that will be highly useful in any IoT cloud system. Overall very well designed content and good coverage of the field.

By Lenin L

Jun 6, 2020

Very Interesting topic, and good material to begin learning IoT.

Of course many things could be improved, mostly by the qwiklabs side of things; for example some labs instructions are not well phrased and this can led some errors, little bits of info are missing in some other intros, Qwiklabs also experience some lagginess from time to time, but overall a nice experience.

Thanks Coursera and Google for such opportunity.

By MD I A

May 9, 2020

I have just completed my Masters in Mechatronics where Iot was one of my main subjects.Taking this course has broaden my horizon related to my field.Further this course has given me magnificent skills which we not a part of my Masters curriculum.

This course now has be me curious to learn more about cloud computing and google platforms.

Truly this course has helped me a lot to be industry ready .

By Markos K

May 9, 2020

Instructions in a limited number of labs were not clear thus leading to waste of time having to redo some of the lab(s).

I leveraged instructions from subsequent labs and went back to those initially skipped in order to finish the course.

They need to revisit the instructions they provide for specific labs and make them clearer.

Other than that, the course was very helpful and I recommend it.

By Saif A

Apr 8, 2020

This is my first course on Coursera and It was organized in a good way it helped me understand and visualize the content of the course. I'm very happy about spending my time in this course. And I will see other courses about IoT on Coursera. I want to say thanks a lot for giving us this knowledge, this opportunity to access the tech field...... شكرا......

By Srivatsa G

Apr 5, 2021

There were a few glitches in terms of the steps a bit different from available options. I also faced the Dataflow job failed the first time for many of the exercises citing permission issues. Re-executing them without doing anything worked. The permissions were in place as required but not sure why the first attempt failed.

By Alejandro A J

Sep 19, 2020

Great course for getting to know the Google Cloud Platform because it takes you step by step on how to interact with the different parts of it. It would be awesome if you could actually connect your own devices for the final module but I guess you will require the hardware and knowledge neccesary for that

By Narayanan A

Apr 26, 2020

The Industrial IoT course is very Interesting and the lab activities also so enjoyfully. Kindly reduce the number of reading passages, but the Block diagrams are very useful. The lab activities are more interactive, due to this lab I learn the GCP platform very well. kindly provide more number of videos.

By Amit A

May 3, 2020

It was my first course on the Google Cloud Platform and I was initially a bit nervous. I also had issues connecting to the lab initially but once I got started, I discovered a lot of features on using the GCP for IoT. Thanks to Coursera for having partnered with Google for this wonderful course.

By Devavrat S B

Apr 18, 2020

Over all the course was very informative and I learnt a lot of thing about google cloud through the course, the best part of the course was the practicals, some of the times code were asked to be copy pasted but most of the times we had to do the job, thank you GOOGLE for the course.

By Roberto M

Sep 11, 2020

IoT is a very huge techology and Google Cloud Platform bring us a high performance tools to meke it easy to handle. I'm very happy but I'd like to suggest to upgrade the instructions of the labs to be updated qith the new version to make easiest the developmento of the lab