Back to Industrial IoT on Google Cloud Platform

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Industrial IoT on Google Cloud Platform by Google Cloud

By enrolling in this specialization you agree to the Qwiklabs Terms of Service as set out in the FAQ and located at: https://qwiklabs.com/terms_of_service <<< Welcome to the Coursera course, Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) brought to you by the Google Cloud team. I’m Catherine Gamboa and I’m going to be your guide. This course covers the entire Industrial IoT network architecture from sensors and devices to analysis. The course discusses sensors and devices but the focus is on the cloud side. You'll learn about the importance of scaling, device communication, and processing streaming data. The course uses simulated devices in the labs to allow you to concentrate on learning the cloud side of IIoT. The course is a little different than most Coursera courses because there is very little video. Most of the learning is done with short readings, quizzes, and labs. This course takes about two weeks to complete, 11-12 hours of work with 6 of those hours spent in labs. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: create a streaming data pipeline, to create registries with Cloud IoT Core, topics and subscriptions with Cloud Pub/Sub, store data on Google Cloud Storage, query the data in BigQuery, and gain data insights with Dataprep. You'll learn and practice these skills in 7 labs. Then you'll have an opportunity to test yourself in an optional capstone lab using simulated devices or Cloud IoT Core Inspector....

AK

Jul 12, 2020

It was a nice experience for me . I learnt a lot about google cloud platform and how the cloud works .Their assignments and labs were very fun and productive. This is a perfect course for a beginner.

YG

Apr 13, 2020

Great Course. I was new to Google Cloud. But, the course teach well about the Google Cloud Platform. I had some problems in the Qwiklab sessions. But, I resolve them by chatting. Thank You!

26 - 50 of 541 Reviews for Industrial IoT on Google Cloud Platform

By Lim S

Jun 04, 2020

thought this was worth a review! first time using Google Cloud Platform. i enjoyed the hands on lab. although some times there may be certain issues faced, you will need to wait for a few minutes for the result to load. great weighttage on hands on and theory. forum is also useful!

Recommended even if you are a first time user to Google Cloud Platform. (Step by step guide)

By Vishnu H S

Jul 04, 2020

This is an amazing course with lots of interactive elements and labs to give you an overview on the IOT through google cloud platform. I really enjoyed this course and learnt a lot. The qwiklabs really shines in this course where in you will be able to interact with the google cloud platform and learn how to create different elements. All in all, a fantastic course.

By Guruprasad R

Nov 14, 2019

Very nicely structured course and makes one understand the bare basics of the cloud platform of google. The live example using mobile phone is not there yet. It would have been great if we could just take some live data from mobile sensor eg. sound or proximity and other (probably with an app with restricted access to only microphone etc). Best Regards to the team.

By Abhishek s

Apr 23, 2020

At the starting I am very excited to learn with google with hands on practice labs and I honestly saying that that excitement and learning intrest never goes down uptill after ending of the course . I am very thankful to google as well as coursera through which I can add a new skill and improve myself also i am excited to learn more about google cloud . Thank you

By T.R. S

Nov 26, 2019

This Course was really interesting.I learned a lot of new topics.The Qwiklabs support team responded to my request with fast response and with patience.I loved using coursera. Thank You for giving me this opportunity to learn this course.I would also like to thank the coursera team for providing me financial aid to study this course.

Thanking You.

-ShivaaTR

By Saravana s M

Apr 06, 2020

As I'm newbie to cloud and IOT, I had gain lot of stuffs on google cloud platform especially in big query and data prep. Usage of qwiks labs on the courses were awesome and it develops my knowledge and skills. I had a suggestion that the optional labs for capstone project has been removed. It would be better if it is also included on the course schedule.

By Akash A

Jul 26, 2020

Industrial IOT on Google Cloud Platform is a very interesting subject to learn. After learning the course i can grasp the importance of IOT in current and future technologies. I find this course to be very helpful

in understanding the ways in which technology improves and how IOT can be used in business and other branches of society .

By Mohsin I B

Jun 10, 2020

Content of course is very good, specifically Qwiklab sessions were arranged very nicely. One can understand IIOT basuc concepts, data storage on cloud, data collection from sensors, data analysis, upload data to cloud, report , dataprep etc. I will wait to learn advanced level course on IIOT.

By Francesco M

Jun 15, 2020

Really enjoyed this course where are covered all the steps for an IoT application using Google Cloud Platform for getting data form sensors publishing to topic and subscribing to it, data processing and storage, data analysis with BigQuery and external tools for creating insightful reports.

By kushal k

May 15, 2020

It's a perfect platform to learn about google cloud,it was stunning.Though i am an electrical engineer i like to learn this course it was very impressive to learn and the labs was instructed with each stepby step and its extraordinary course for beginner's who wants to learn IOT.

By Trivenugopal K

Apr 15, 2019

The course content is more than I expected. I will highly recommended to those who want to explore and work on IOT on google platform. It will help the student in understanding various components. My special thanks to the instructors for their excellent delivery of subject.

By Michele W

Aug 03, 2020

Excellent course for anyone new to IOT and network infrastructure. The labs provide a hands on experience not found in other Google Cloud courses and despite any technical glitches are priceless opportunities to explore the working of Google Cloud and how extensive it is.

By Md. A R A

It was a great experience to learn Industrial IoT on Google Cloud Platform course. All the lectures and readings were focused on to the topic and explained with examples. I like this course. Thanks to everyone who were involved designing this course and content.

By Pushpa K

Jun 07, 2020

With this course I got the idea on Google Cloud Platform and its working. I am new to this field. First time I heard Qwiklabs and learned basics of it. Those lectures and labs are very precious to me. Thank you for providing training free on this course.

By Abhishek B P

May 02, 2020

Course is very well structured and articulated. Labs and quiz are great to check for knowledge understanding. This course is more practical that gives you hands-on experience on Google Cloud Platform. Looking forward to such more courses from Google.

By TEKOH P A

Apr 26, 2020

Really a great course, any one thinking of learning how to interconnect IoT devices and making useful insights from data coming from these devices should take this course. love the content rich short videos and reading. i am definitely giving 5 star

By Ahmed F M

Jun 05, 2020

A good course, less theoretical more practical (many labs with dedicated Google cloud platform accounts) some points need more simplification specially data flow part, in general the course expects some familiarity with Google cloud platform.

By B T

The lab sessions were very thorough with respect to the description of each and every step. There was sufficient guidance provided by means of the reading materials and videos. The course was worth the time and effort it warranted.

By JASVIR S K

Course provided me a basic and necessary knowledge to understand the concepts of Industrial IoT and facilities provided by interactive Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Thanks Google for such an informative bundle to enhance my concepts.

By MUHAMMED I

This course introduce learner for a great introduction to cloud side of IoT. as always google has the great content and most importantly practical sessions where you can dive into all of the wonderful areas. a standalone course.

By Robert C

May 23, 2020

Good Course shows the correct use of IOT and the platform APIs for example I was using GCF to do all of the data forwarding to BQ I can see how Data Flow can help me, Also I learned about better use of the eco system and APIs.

By José S C C

Jul 31, 2020

It was a very useful experience. I Appreciate that Google and Coursera teach this kind of courses for people that want to keep studying by this way. i really enjoyed this, and of course I learned a lot. Thanks for everyone.

By Aarthi K

Very informative and at the same time, the intro to the lab sessions were clear and concise. The instructions for the Qwiklabs Lab Sessions were easy to follow through and made the lab flow easier to understand and complete

By Sumeet S B

May 13, 2020

Fantastic opportunity to learn hands on implementation of IIoT on Google cloud. Its very easy to use, handy and nice platform for implementation. Thanks to google and coursera for offering such nice interactive course..