Back to Information Security: Context and Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Information Security: Context and Introduction by University of London

In this course you will explore information security through some introductory material and gain an appreciation of the scope and context around the subject. This includes a brief introduction to cryptography, security management and network and computer security that allows you to begin the journey into the study of information security and develop your appreciation of some key information security concepts. The course concludes with a discussion around a simple model of the information security industry and explores skills, knowledge and roles so that you can determine and analyse potential career opportunities in this developing profession and consider how you may need to develop personally to attain your career goals. After completing the course you will have gained an awareness of key information security principles regarding information, confidentiality, integrity and availability. You will be able to explain some of the key aspects of information risk and security management, in addition, summarise some of the key aspects in computer and network security, including some appreciation of threats, attacks, exploits and vulnerabilities. You will also gain an awareness of some of the skills, knowledge and roles/careers opportunities within the information security industry....

PA

Jul 09, 2020

Through Coursera, I can now become a cyber physical security expert. With their online course, I have had basic knowledge in information security. I encourage others to join their online program.

JN

May 28, 2018

This has been very informative. I am in the IT industry and this has served as a good reminder and has helped me understand some rationales behind some of the things I do on a daily basis.

26 - 50 of 336 Reviews for Information Security: Context and Introduction

By kanwal k

Oct 20, 2017

Very Informative course for people who are looking forward to start their career in the field of Information Security. The course provides basic knowledge of all facets under Information Security and culminates with Career Enhancement Guidance. Overall an excellent course at reasonable price.

By Sampson A

Jul 19, 2020

I did not have any experience in IT but because the instructors were extremely good and careful explaining to beginners such as me,i was able to learn even ahead of schedule period.

To the organizers and instructors,I say thank you for your selfless dedication to this course and the learners.

By BEN M A B

Dec 22, 2019

I am really glad to participate within your honorable plateform Coursera in Information Security: Context and Introduction. And I'll be more and more satisfied to get the course certificate. That will motivate me to clean other sessions in ordre to improvise my skills. Thank you very much.

By Edwin G

Jul 03, 2017

Its a good introduction to information security. Most questions are easy, but some require a lot of research. That helps to get you deeper in the subjects. I would definatly do more information security courses from them. Being dutch is not an issue, only some parts are focussed on the UK.

By Martin S

Jul 26, 2017

Pros. Well structured and holistic introduction to cyber security packed into a well balanced nutshell.

Neg. Unfortunately not all videos were provided with transcript that is so useful for capturing all details - and easier reference for memorizing some details.

By Sean D

Aug 21, 2017

I want to personally thank the professors and Coursera for taking the time to create this course. I found it quite informative and enjoyable. I work full time and have a busy schedule, and always looked forward to learning from this course. Much appreciated!

By Waqas Z

Jul 16, 2020

The course was excellent in providing basic understanding of all around topics related to the subject. I thoroughly enjoyed it as it was easy to understand while bringing everyday information security topics. I appreciate the guides/teachers of the course.

By Kevin B

Jun 28, 2018

Es realmente un curso muy bueno para comprender el contexto de la seguridad de informacion y sus diferentes ramas dentro de la vida real, realmente voloro y aprecio toda la informacion brindada que me han ayudado a dar un gran paso en mi vida profesional.

By Sameer D

Apr 24, 2017

One of the Best Courses I've ever learned. The video's are crisp and full-fledged. Learned something new almost everyday. Thankyou Coursera and UOL. :) Looking forward to learn more on Information Security, Cyber Security and Digital Forensics.

By Godfred K K

Mar 09, 2018

I have enjoyed and learnt what i never knew....its only time that hinders my concentration and as such has to rush through all when i have time....but i have enjoyed and am sure i can still save all those videos and text to read more later.

By Stef R

Jan 12, 2020

Great straight forward explanations. Gives a good overview of information security management and its approaches. I enjoyed the course and it definitely added some to what i already knew. A thank you to the teachers from London University.

By Joel T

Feb 15, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. Good overview of Information Security. Week 4 (Security Managment: policies, procedures, standards, etc.) was the most difficult for me, as I like the technical bit more. All in all, an enjoyable course.

By Hrvoje B

Jan 14, 2018

This is an excellent introductory course for gettin deeper in area of Information security. The materials and intructors are great. I highly recommend taking this course for anyone whose interested in basics of Information security!

By Omkar R

Apr 23, 2020

fantastic course in order to brush up the basics, and a must do course for beginners.

good insights of the industry given in Week5. I would recommend this to beginners and those want to have a broad prospective in this field.

By DuminduDTK

Great course! Absolutely great for someone looking for Information Security: Context and Introduction . I think it introduced all major topics. Now i have a clear view about the industry and i am ready to take next steps.

By Lanseur

Jan 25, 2020

A relevant course, real concepts and fields I have never heared about. I advise this course.

The point that maybe be optimized : the videos about the same subject could be longer and brought together. (Not necessarily).

By Mohammad Y K

Oct 04, 2019

Thanks alott coursera for providing me with this course for free.

My favorite teacher is Peter sir, He is brilliant in teaching and understands the vulnerabilities of student ,learning :D

Thankkkkkkkkk you!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Manuel V F

May 02, 2020

Very useful course, specially the Criptography part and the Week 5 contents related to the model of IT and Security. I recommmend to enroll to every IT that is focused and interested in Cybersecurity.

By Assuah P F

Jul 09, 2020

By Rodrigo M

Jul 31, 2019

Realmente es muy bueno y se aprende mucho en poco tiempo. Faltaría complementarlo con una versión práctica del mismo. Felicitaciones porque dan acceso a muchas personas a un curso excelente!

By Gerardo A O C

Jun 26, 2020

It was a good way to introduce my self to a new world that i barerly know for my job and my degree, i highly recommended for anyone who is looking for to learn about security information.

By Devdatta D

Feb 03, 2020

Good insights into concepts and methodologies involved in establishing a secure Information Management System based on the CIA model with Intrusion detection and prevention protocols.

By Kerem U

Mar 23, 2020

Certification gives what it has offered from the beginning. I really appreciate the efforts and thank the lecturer for all the IS introduction contents. It was high quality content.

By Fabio M O

May 24, 2019

It was a excellent course where i could put in practice and remember a lot of things about Information Security. All material is so complete and you understand without any problem.

By Giovanni M

May 05, 2020

Well-developed course. It allows to gain a general idea about many aspects of the information security world. This course is great for starting interfacing with these topics.