Back to Information Security: Context and Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Information Security: Context and Introduction by University of London

In this course you will explore information security through some introductory material and gain an appreciation of the scope and context around the subject. This includes a brief introduction to cryptography, security management and network and computer security that allows you to begin the journey into the study of information security and develop your appreciation of some key information security concepts. The course concludes with a discussion around a simple model of the information security industry and explores skills, knowledge and roles so that you can determine and analyse potential career opportunities in this developing profession and consider how you may need to develop personally to attain your career goals. After completing the course you will have gained an awareness of key information security principles regarding information, confidentiality, integrity and availability. You will be able to explain some of the key aspects of information risk and security management, in addition, summarise some of the key aspects in computer and network security, including some appreciation of threats, attacks, exploits and vulnerabilities. You will also gain an awareness of some of the skills, knowledge and roles/careers opportunities within the information security industry....

PA
Jul 8, 2020

Through Coursera, I can now become a cyber physical security expert. With their online course, I have had basic knowledge in information security. I encourage others to join their online program.

SN
Dec 20, 2020

First of all ,I thank you for this course that opens my eyes and enlighten my concept about information security in general. I learnt more than what I expected that will help me in my carrier.

376 - 400 of 411 Reviews for Information Security: Context and Introduction

By Prashant S

Jan 30, 2018

It's good!

By Sanket m

good

By POTNURU R S K

good

By Gwen D

Nov 15, 2017

The information was a great overview and introduction to security concepts. The assessment quizzes were so obscure and poorly designed and took away from the overall learning experience. Also, one of the professors was very difficult to understand and spoke very quickly so I had to rely heavily on the transcript which made it a bit frustrating.

Useful information that can be directly applied to my world today.

By Brian D

Dec 14, 2020

The third week and fourth week's instructor should not be teaching classes in English. Even trying to read the transcription was incredibly challenging which made the whole process painful and I feel like I did not learn as much as I would have had the teacher been more proficient in English,

By Bridget F

Jul 30, 2020

I enjoyed the pace of the course but was often distracted by the misspellings and broken sentence structures within the course content. The course did give me greater insight into Cyber and Information Security which was what I was looking for. Thank you for the oppportunity.

By Sean B

Aug 23, 2017

They do a decent job at presenting info sec definitions, technologies, and such. I had some issues understanding one of the lecturers, several of the video notes had misspellings/grammatical issues, and many of the quiz questions were poorly worded or ambiguous.

By Suchi P

Jul 10, 2017

It is good course for a beginner who know nothing about cyber security. This is not for professionals. Also, the last week lectures are full of information which is difficult to remember. The course should be more conceptual than informative.

By Henrik B

Sep 6, 2017

Course was a good overview of the area, and gave insights into the depth of the field. I am however a bit more hands on, I like details, programming, pentesting, so for me this course was a bit to theoretical.

By Zheng x

This course is actually a very general introduction of the whole information security area. However, if you want to learn any "hardcore" knowledge, then this is not the proper course for you.

By galimba

Jul 7, 2017

The course was not what I expected. It was corporate oriented, lacking the technical knowledge needed to perform any task related to Information Security in the real world.

By Tianyu W

Jan 5, 2018

Week 3-4 was the most informational, and week 5 was the least informational and doesn't connect very well with the rest of the course.

By Abdulsalam A A

Apr 7, 2020

it is too deep not for the non IT profissionals. also the language of the spanish teatcher is so diffecalt for me.

By Miguel A P

Jan 10, 2019

Útil para tener un visión general introductoria al mundo de la Seguridad de la Información

By Rianne K

Dec 3, 2018

Good course. The questions of the quizzes didn't always reflect the lectures.

By Jose L B