Back to Information Security: Context and Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Information Security: Context and Introduction by University of London

In this course you will explore information security through some introductory material and gain an appreciation of the scope and context around the subject. This includes a brief introduction to cryptography, security management and network and computer security that allows you to begin the journey into the study of information security and develop your appreciation of some key information security concepts. The course concludes with a discussion around a simple model of the information security industry and explores skills, knowledge and roles so that you can determine and analyse potential career opportunities in this developing profession and consider how you may need to develop personally to attain your career goals. After completing the course you will have gained an awareness of key information security principles regarding information, confidentiality, integrity and availability. You will be able to explain some of the key aspects of information risk and security management, in addition, summarise some of the key aspects in computer and network security, including some appreciation of threats, attacks, exploits and vulnerabilities. You will also gain an awareness of some of the skills, knowledge and roles/careers opportunities within the information security industry....

PA
Jul 8, 2020

Through Coursera, I can now become a cyber physical security expert. With their online course, I have had basic knowledge in information security. I encourage others to join their online program.

SN
Dec 20, 2020

First of all ,I thank you for this course that opens my eyes and enlighten my concept about information security in general. I learnt more than what I expected that will help me in my carrier.

101 - 125 of 410 Reviews for Information Security: Context and Introduction

By Bùi L D

Nov 6, 2019

Very useful information about security models, bodies and online resources for choosing a proper IT role.

By Jaiber T

Jul 18, 2020

Excelent teachers, topics and references that help us, in the dayly jobs in our companies.

Thanks for all

By Mukesh C

May 11, 2018

Excellent course for anyone who is interested to learn the basics of information security and standards.

By jose t

Aug 18, 2020

Very interesting course to understasnd Cybersecurity industry and/or to initiate a proffesional carrier

By Ciro A G

Jul 27, 2017

Very useful course, I enjoyed a lot and also got motivated to continue my studies in this amazing topic

By Mohamad A A

Apr 11, 2021

Very useful course especially beginner like me. As I am looking further in changing career near future

By Umar Q

Jul 29, 2019

This is an excellent course for anyone looking to build skills or find their direction in the infosec.

By Verônica B B

Nov 15, 2017

very useful to my students. It's basic but essential concepts everyone studying archives should know

By Basil G P

Jun 2, 2020

The teachers where really nice and did an amazing job explaining the topics. Couldn't be happier :)

By Piotr B

Mar 10, 2018

Excellent course, lots of good contents, not too overwhelming, good pace and interesting materials.

By Makafui M

Jun 11, 2020

Amazing course delivered by excellent facilitators. Great content. Really enjoyed the course....

By Francisco G M V

May 16, 2020

Excelente curso para las personas que empiezan a relacionarse con la seguridad de la información

By Kamal S

Aug 6, 2018

I am learning so many things about information security.Thanks Coursera given me this opportune.

By Elidio D

Sep 18, 2017

It's was interesting, it allowed me to enhance my knowledge in the field of infosec. Very useful

By Mario S

Sep 12, 2020

Excellent instructors. The questions could be better formulated since sometimes were confusing.

By Indrajit S

Jun 8, 2020

Some of the professors have a strong continental accent which makes it difficult to understand

By Horacio L J

It is a very good course for anyone who is interested in understanding the basics of security.

By Emmanuel D

May 8, 2019

This course is a very comprehensive and interesting introduction to the cybersecurity domain.

By samuel n

Oct 9, 2020

I really enjoyed the lesson from the start to finish.

I compliment the lectures performance!!

By Eddy H

Jun 24, 2020

Very comprehensive basic course. I gained good knowledge and an idea on how to move forward.

By Sagar J

Apr 5, 2020

Excellent Course with good contents for comprehensive understanding of Information Security.

By Agung A

Nov 21, 2020

this course is meet my expectations of understanding the all basics of information security

By Ben H

Oct 29, 2018

The course is accessible and gives a useful overview of the basics of information security.

By S

Feb 11, 2018

Excellent the course. My congratulations to all the employees involved. Thank you.

Jotta.

By Shaheer H

VERY HELPFUL . CLEARED THE CONCEPTS. GAINED INITIAL KNOWLEDGE ABOUT INFORMATION SECURITY.