Back to Engineering Project Management: Initiating and Planning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Engineering Project Management: Initiating and Planning by Rice University

The goal of the course is to give you the tools to initiate a project plan, manage both stakeholders and relationships, organize their team, develop a project charter, and build a business case for a project. By the end of this course you will be able to: - Perform a project assessment using information from previous projects and lessons learned - Identify key deliverables based on business requirements while managing customer expectations - Perform a stakeholder analysis and create a management plan - Analyze and develop a project organization - Create a project charter - Explain the business case for a project and calculate Net Present Value - Inform stakeholders of the charter and ensure all parties know the deliverables and expectations As part of the course, you will prepare organization charts, create a Stakeholder Register, and write a Project Charter based on an engineering project in a provided Case Study. The Stakeholder Register will outline the key parties to the project, their concerns and how you will manage their expectations. Your Project Charter will provide the key guidance your team needs to understand the scope, requirements and purpose for the project. All of this will position you for initiating and planning your first project and/or understanding how you can maximize your contributions on your next project team. Rice Center for Engineering Leadership is a Registered Education Provider through the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Learners who complete this course on the Certificate track will be awarded 12 hours of Profession Development Units. These are recognized by PMI for continuing education or can be applied toward the 35 hours of education required for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. PMI and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc....

SR

Aug 21, 2017

Great course. Would recommend it for engineers who have collected relevant engineering experience and look for whats next in their career. Looking forward to attend the other modules as well.

BM

Aug 29, 2017

Very good course! Dynamic and very well structured. I totally recommend, it provides you notions of all aspects involving the first two stage of project. I look forward doing the other parts.

51 - 75 of 384 Reviews for Engineering Project Management: Initiating and Planning

By Brenda C K

Jul 10, 2020

I enjoyed the studies by Rice University on Engineering Management. I understood all topics and I am so delighted thanks so much. I intend to proceed with the next course.

By Asif M A

May 23, 2020

A good curse to prepare one in terms of initiating a project and plan it. Moreover preparing the deliverable by the attendees gives a hands on experience on documentation.

By Prateek S

May 15, 2020

wow I just received my first certificate on Coursera and this course was very awesome and easy to follow up and assignment really taught me what i was looking for,

By JAGDEEP S

Jul 16, 2020

Very informative and interesting to learn from one of the most experienced people of USA.

Thanks for your efforts to provide such a platform for learners.

By Md. R H I

Jun 18, 2020

This course is very helpful for the learners. The coordinators teach me a lot in this course. Thanks to them and also thanks Coursera. Good luck

By PATEL Y D

May 15, 2020

This course is very helpful for me because I am in last year of my degree so I have to do my project and l learned about the project management.

By A V

Jun 29, 2020

Great course for beginners and students who are just a step below to handle any projects with ease and clarity after going through this course.

By Sharon M G

Aug 03, 2020

I have learnt alot from this course , i really thank our professors who made this program a success ,God richly bless y'all. Thank you.

By G S S

Jun 08, 2020

The course was well structured. The instructors had good knowledge on the subject. It was a good journey for me throughout this course.

By Dhanuka M A

Excellent lecturers and course materials! Clear audio and video. Syllabus is very up to date and covers all the key areas it promised.

By Niaz Q

Jun 01, 2020

A very informative & organized course. The personal experience from the lecturers and the projects amplify the learning experiance.

By Thatikonda N c

Apr 22, 2020

ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGEMENT:INITIATING AND PLANNING IS VERY HELPFUL FOR PLANNING,PREPARING PROJECT CHARTERS,STAKEHOLD REGISTER.

By Yamish R B

May 23, 2020

It's very great experience to learning form your rice university. I like to suggest add pdf of reading session if possible.

By Jabu R M

May 29, 2019

Excellent, I especially enjoyed reviewing my peers work. This helped me grow and see things from a different perspective!

By Kishore L

Jan 13, 2020

Loved the way the content is designed and the way the assignments are structured. Was a wonderful journey finish is this

By Meet S

Jul 06, 2020

Great explanation of concepts in line with PMBOK. The deliverable assigned for each topic provided on-hands experience.

By Cam'ron B

Jun 04, 2020

i have learned a lot in this course and it will surely be applicable in all planning to be done for the rest of my life

By Yohanes K P

Apr 19, 2020

It's the best Project Management course I've ever had, they provide us a case study and we need to do an assignment.

By Daniel G H

Sep 03, 2017

Perfect to understand Projects. Right to the point. Although it could include some extra documents just as examples.

By Jose L R

Jul 31, 2020

Un buen curso , las habilidades obtenidas fueron la de analizar y comprender lo clave para el inicio de un proyecto

By Mauricio d A H

Aug 21, 2019

Very good the course. It is possible to learn many lessons from him. Even though it's basic, the learning is great.

By Alejandro S

Nov 10, 2017

In general it was what I expected from the course. The intention is continuing with the other two courses offered.

By AAKESH G

Jun 02, 2020

I learnt project management and planning from top educator, it will play important role to enhance my knowledge.

By Walter M

Jul 02, 2020

The course is very practical, a lot of case studies and insightful examples from weekly discussions by lecturers

By David W

Oct 15, 2018

Very clear and engaging. Easily applicable straight away to work life. Will be using it on my project next week.