Back to Innovating in a Digital World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Innovating in a Digital World by Institut Mines-Télécom

Facebook, AirBnB, Tesla, Amazon, Uber. In just a few years, companies like these have changed the face of the global economy. Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of start-ups are disrupting old business models, taking on centennial industrial groups – and winning. It’s clear that the rules of business have changed forever. This MOOC provides a knowledge toolkit for the ongoing digital revolution. You’ll discover 15 concepts that are essential for understanding the new mechanisms of digital business and innovation. Each concept is explained in its own beautifully designed, content-rich instructional video, along with additional resources for you to explore. The ideas are illustrated with up-to-the-minute case studies and examples from a wide range of industries. Week 1 : Why Digital Changes Everything Week 2 : Creating Value in a Digital World Week 3 : Thinking and Acting Differently Week 4 : Entrepreneurship in a Digital World This MOOC is ideal for learners from a wide range of backgrounds. It is brought to you by four expert professors and researchers from Telecom ParisTech, a leading European graduate school in the field of digital technology and social science. This MOOC is supported by the Patrick and Lina Drahi Foundation....

TM
Oct 15, 2017

I just want to say a big "Thank you!" for setting up this course, it has given me so much useful knowledge, I can already not believe how I was able to do my work before I started the course.

SK
Sep 30, 2016

This course was very well paced and designed. The information and the reading part was very helpful to understand the ongoing digital revolution and innovation leading to new evolution.

126 - 150 of 181 Reviews for Innovating in a Digital World

Sep 26, 2017

great

By sivaguru m

Jul 30, 2020

Good

By Akshaya A

Aug 4, 2020

Dec 20, 2017

V

By Alexander

Sep 22, 2016

This is a rather pleasant course with a mix of advantages and disadvantages. For me, the advantages outweigh the negative sides. It slides on the surface of things, though, so don't expect to get too much 'in the know' after it.

What I liked (and you might too)

-> Short, visually engaging, clear in their purpose videos

-> Interesting recommended/required literature/video content to solidify the concepts presented in the videos

-> Comfortable layout of the transcripts so you can DL them and check them out as PDFs

-> The course is focused on a very interesting, dynamic topic -- and lives up with a dynamic, fun and engaging approach

What I didn't like that much

-> Quizzes had some rather easy questions and as a whole weren't that serious. You can retake them -- you need to rely on your honesty to assess how much you've learned.

-> The brisk nature of the videos is nice, but sometimes the narrative would jump from one point to another too abruptly.

I still recommend the course for those who want to get their feet a little bit wet when it comes to innovation, digital affairs and basic entrepreneurship concepts.

By Santosh I

Dec 20, 2015

The course does a great job of curating very relevant videos and articles to understand digital from a 360 degree perspective. While all of us are exposed to digital from a consumer perspective, looking at it from an entrepreneur's and investors' perspectives completed the picture in my head. I liked the short video format, it is engaging and easier to schedule into our lives. Some of the readings were called "not mandatory" but were needed for answering the quiz! I would request not to have really long readings - some of them were very intensive papers written as part of an academic exercise and I will be surprised if any of the students, who are looking for many small and engaging materials would be interested in tackling really long non-man

By PATRICK P

Aug 2, 2019

Very interesting course. It allows me to understand that a real industrial revolution is on going and the impacts on the civil societies. And the adaptation and change I have to integrate to be part of it.

Only four stars because some links do not work anymore, also some difficulties to watch videos due to my company security features which obliged me to find other way to watch them. In addition, I find some quizzes questions not very interesting (e.g. who does that, which is not really what I need to remember from this course)

By Thomas R

May 16, 2018

Très intéressant pour prendre du recul sur mon travail au quotidien. De mon point de vue, il ne faut pas négliger dans ce parcours la richesse des documents associés aux vidéos. Petit point d'amélioration : les exemples sont illustrés qu'avec des exemples américains. Nous avons une frenchtech, des licornes également.. il serait bien plus intéressant de parler de notre écosystème.

By Graciela M R

Jul 9, 2017

Very interesting. I learnt a lot. Economics have changed so much in the last decade, and this course helped me understand digitalization with great detail. The only downfalls are two: that they may need to update it a little, and that the Forum is not very useful as it is schemed right now.

By Bouzid

Oct 8, 2016

I really like the content of this course and the quality of the readings. The videos are intuitive and help you go through the most important concepts. I definitely recommend it! And big thank you to the teachers that delivered high standard course!

By Anand D

May 5, 2017

Quite a bit to learn from exposure to ideas from professors, investors, entrepreneurs as well as many well written articles by a variety of very knowledgeable authors. Good deal of breadth in the coursework.

By Jean-Baptiste A

Jan 31, 2018

Ce cours a été d'une très grande utilité pour mon agence et a élargi la façon dont je vais procéder désormais. J'aimerais obtenir une certification de ce cours. Grand merci à l'ensemble de l'équipe.

By Bouhet X

Aug 23, 2018

Very interesting online course even a few videos conferences links are 2013 dated. It shows how Christensen is a visionnary.... 5 years later.Congrats I enjyed this course.

By Milos S

Jul 9, 2016

So far it has been really cool journey through this course. Lectures are concise, practical and further readings are well selected and offer a broad source of knowledge.

By Evariste

May 13, 2017

cours qui donne une bonne base de départ à la compréhension de l'ère digitale et ses différents impacts écomoniques, entreprenariaux, sociétaux, ....

By Sopheap H S

Mar 22, 2020

Very good course. I have learned interesting topics on digital disruptions and transformation. I would recommend others to join this course.

By Akhilesh S

Mar 7, 2018

This is a highly recommended course, which identifies the basic ideas of digital disruption and digital innovation in today's day and age.

By De O P

Jun 30, 2017

Interessing course, a lot of good readings. Gives a good view of digital world innovation and explain the changes for entreprises

By Nora W

May 24, 2017

very informative course, would be nice to have a practical assignment rather than just lots of small tests

By Bedapurna G

Apr 21, 2020

the course was very informative, crisp and to the point. It was really helpful and definitely helped me.