Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

226 - 250 of 670 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By 张晓东

Dec 26, 2016

Fantastic course!

By Judy Y

Apr 12, 2018

Clear instructions and practical projects!

By Levi B

Oct 01, 2016

Great introductory course!

By Gillian J

Sep 15, 2016

I learned a great deal in this course, whilst enjoying the lively lectures and interesting, fun projects. Definitely highly recommend for those interesting in computer programming, whether new to the field or (like me) refreshing old skills. Thanks to all the lecturers for this great introduction - I'm looking forward to the rest of the specialisation. :)

By Kayla G

Dec 19, 2017

This class was SO HARD. Every assignment left me staring blankly at the screen, before running back to check the documentation or re-watch the relevant lecture. But then, as I started writing, I would realize I could do it! It's a lot of work and a lot of time, but the instructors are obviously committed to helping students actually learn real-world skills, instead of just getting more Coursera clicks with an easy class.

A+ and thank you to all the instructors for such a well-designed class. Can't wait to continue on with the specialization!

By Grace

May 08, 2017

Great! The professors are adorable and the content is easy to understand.

By Cristobal G R

Apr 11, 2018

Great for beginners and a very supportive group.

By Derk-Jan W

Dec 01, 2016

Excellent and fun course (part1+2), thank you very much! It has given me the head start in Python I was looking for.

By svan y

Apr 19, 2018

These guys are very good teachers !

By Joao A

Mar 12, 2016

Best computer programming series I've taken in Coursera so far (I've done principles 1 and algorithm thinking 1 already and in paralell). You can start in this very basic course and end in Algorithm Thinking which is a great course full of insights even for an experienced programmer as I'm (same is valid for the principles of programming, especially regarding the testing assignments) with no previous experience. My nephew is 15 years old and in high school and he is loving this course (having hard time though). To me, this specific course was very basic but as I didn't know anything of Python and as I love games I enjoyed a lot even though I already knew all of the material except for the Python part.

By Hyojeong S

May 10, 2016

You can

By Zsolt P

Feb 19, 2017

Very good introductory course, highly recommended, even if you have little to no knowledge or experience in programming. You will have to spend a lot more time on it thought as it is stated - that is if you think of learning programming in Python seriously. It can be done even if you have a full time job and a family with a little baby as I had, just have to forget about sleeping much for some months :) But that is out because of the baby anyway.

By Szabó S

Jul 28, 2016

very amusing and useful, with loveable and passionate professors!

By Animesh S

Sep 06, 2017

Rixner and Joe are 2 awesome teachers !!! :D

By Sharmilaadevi M

Nov 27, 2017

I highly appreciate and grateful to the Rice University Professors . They rock.Thank you.

By 李京霖

Sep 22, 2016

课程很不错的,推荐大家去上。

By Sarah L C

Dec 29, 2017

Simply delightful

By ANNYESHA S

Mar 15, 2018

it teaches you the basics of python while making learning super-fun!

By Maria

Aug 13, 2017

One of the best introduction to programming courses I've taken.

By Muhammad A

Jan 02, 2018

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

By Alexandru J

Apr 01, 2016

Great course. I enjoyed it a lot.

By MANISH P

Nov 17, 2016

Excellent Course. Mini Projects teach you a lot.

By Szilárd M

Feb 12, 2018

Best team ever, I learn a lot, and also I had fun. Thanx

By Arpan K

Aug 07, 2016

Most fun loving Profs and most fun-filled course. Thanks Coursera and RIce University

By Tran N K

May 09, 2017

Great course. There are many skill that you will get: Python programming, representation vector, velocity in code, event handler...