Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

101 - 125 of 671 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Aleksey

Oct 10, 2016

very interesting course for beginning programmers!

By JUAN

Aug 03, 2016

Awesome, Codeskulptor is a priceless tool and a great gift to humanity

By James D

Jan 09, 2017

Fantastic course.

By Giovanna A S

May 16, 2017

Great course. Really good teaching methode.

By Maria S

May 20, 2016

An amazing course. Professors are knowledgeable, fun, and contribute time and effort to the course. The content is fast-paced, but you end up learning a lot!

By Dibyajyoti M

Jun 29, 2018

I used to think this is a very basic course but I was wrong! This is perfect for someone who wants to learn programming and Python at the same time. The "interactive" part is what keeps you hooked to the course till the end. I thoroughly enjoyed the course. Big applauds to all the creators, instructors and mentors.

By Michael C

Mar 31, 2016

I took this course 3 times as a student, and I absolutely loved it! The lectures are interesting, relevant, and entertaining. I'm grateful to be a CTA/Mentor.

By Juan C G

Apr 22, 2016

Awesome!

By James J P

Apr 05, 2018

I enjoyed this course. It had plenty of relevant projects, that helped guide the learning in a fun framework, and made the material accessible.

By Milton E D

Feb 05, 2018

Great course with easy but plentiful samples and exercises ... try them all therein lies the "learning".

By Sebastian T

Oct 28, 2017

Very thoughtful, practical and approachable programming course. Well done Rice!

By Filip B

Dec 20, 2017

I cannot really say how good it is for learning Python from scratch because I knew something already, but to me it seems it is just a little bit more difficult than other courses but with great exercises. Examples are really challenging (but not too much) and inspirational.

By Marcel-Jan K

Nov 04, 2016

I've gained great enthusiasm for the language Python from this course. I like the fun the professors put in this course.To make games as a programming assignment is one elements that keeps you going.

I likely will follow part II in the near future.

By Aitken G

Apr 11, 2018

This course is great. I loved the detailed explanations and the constant challenge.

Miniprojects are really fun too, particularly liked the different levels of support, so you serve of all the resources to finish your projects.

By Daren E

May 07, 2017

Great course, fun and interactive

By Шадрин А А

Mar 16, 2017

This is an amazing course. It's both joyful and useful in terms of information and the way it presents. I'm very thankful to Rice's professors and Coursera team for an opportunity to study this course. I'm about to use the knowledge I've got here to pass the exams and enroll in university. Though I still didn't complete the whole course because I have to concentrate on some particular themes for the exam I definitely will continue learning here after exams or even sooner. Can absolutely recommend this course for beginners and for the ones who have some misunderstanding in some particular fundamental topics in programming on python.

By Dinghan X

May 14, 2018

challenging for beginers but interesting.

By Renee B

Jul 31, 2016

I took this whole series in 2015 and I thought they were excellent. I had a programming background, but hadn't programmed in about 10 years, and i had no experience with Python. I found the material well presented and the homework interesting and non-trivial. It took me generally about 4-5 hours/week for the lectures and assignments.

By 沈汪晴

May 14, 2017

Very good course. It start with the basic concepts and guides you to master python with interesting practice exercises. The mini projects are really fun!

By omar m f

Sep 03, 2017

Very informative course. Highly recommended

By Oo K Z

May 28, 2017

Awesome

By Valentin F

Mar 31, 2016

quality course with enough practice

By tian t

Apr 12, 2017

Amazing course! I love the projects are designed. One really has to do some practical exercise to improve coding skills

By Nipun S

Jun 17, 2016

Awesome Course , Learn Lot of New things .A complete Interactive Course .

Its fun while learning.

By Gabriel F

Jan 28, 2018

Good content. Just try to submit project early so you can get your project reviewed!