Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

176 - 200 of 675 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Iaroslav I K

Jan 18, 2018

Not too difficult for new, but very useful!

By Guillermo C

Jun 03, 2018

Great course! Very suitable for begginers

By Amanda A

Mar 17, 2018

This class is great for brushing up on Python skills! The instructors provide all the tools to be able to complete projects and the course is challenging enough to stay interesting

By Zexi G

Jun 06, 2018

适合初学者/

By Adrian G

Jan 18, 2018

The course is very well presented and organized. It was a pleasure to do the sometimes challenging assignements. I learned tons!

By Ali S

May 07, 2018

Wonderful and very helpful. I am much more confident in my python programming skills now!

By Anna L

Jun 16, 2018

This was an incredibly rewarding and all-around fun course! I would definitely recommend this course to any beginners who want to learn a little Python in an interesting way!

By Chitra B

May 06, 2018

Very informative and very well structured.

By Kevin

Nov 13, 2017

It's a really fun and good course! I love every project in it, building games while learning is fun!

By Jianyang D

Mar 22, 2018

Speaks too fast for me...But did a very good explanation. You help me a lot!

By xin j

Mar 10, 2018

Wonderful

By aoran x

Nov 27, 2017

It is a great course, it's really interesting and motivate me to learn Python

By Aaron M

Jan 16, 2018

Really well put together course. I appreciate the effort put into making the course as exciting as possible with the choice of games for assessments and humour. I would like to see colour spelt with the 'u', especially when used as a variable name, but i know this is more a problem in America generally and not just this particular course.

By Ahmad R

Jan 15, 2018

This course is a good course for a beginner, we watch, learn, and implement it on the codeskulptor. The project oriented course makes me digest the basic easier

By Minnette W S

Mar 15, 2018

Very interactive and I love that the coding can be done within the browser. Excellent!

By Leila Y

May 19, 2018

It's helpful and really interesting!

By REX H

Oct 19, 2017

I'm glad we didn't waste time on hello world programming.

By Ali J P V

Apr 12, 2018

Excellent course for start in the programming world!

Mar 09, 2018

I have dabbled in proggraming ever since , the 5-inch floppy, but this is the first course/guided study book were I feel I am making traction and looking forward to building some software in the near future .

By Mai E M A

Apr 24, 2018

very interesting and the instructors make it so fun i really like it :) thank you professor Joe and Scott

By Arthur-Lance

May 27, 2017

thanks a lot!!

By Alexandra L M

Jun 14, 2017

This course was very interesting in that it is centered around gaming. I have had previous experience with other coding languages (Fortran and C++) , and I found this a refreshing way to learn Python.

The course structure is very concise and well organized.

The quizzes and mini-projects are helpful in solidifying specific concepts.

The professors are engaging and well-spoken. You are given a lot of useful information in a condensed time period, so sometimes it's helpful to be able to re-watch the videos.

All-in-all, this was a great course!

By Jakob P

May 12, 2018

Great introduction to the functionality of Python. The material is basic stuff, but the teachers are great and the problems are fun to do.

By Anthony R

May 26, 2017

Really awesome course. Thank you guys!

By Vsevolod V

Aug 19, 2017

Great course. Many thanks to the teachers for their easy approach to submitting the material!