Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

201 - 225 of 672 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Levi B

Oct 01, 2016

Great introductory course!

By Gillian J

Sep 15, 2016

I learned a great deal in this course, whilst enjoying the lively lectures and interesting, fun projects. Definitely highly recommend for those interesting in computer programming, whether new to the field or (like me) refreshing old skills. Thanks to all the lecturers for this great introduction - I'm looking forward to the rest of the specialisation. :)

By Kayla G

Dec 19, 2017

This class was SO HARD. Every assignment left me staring blankly at the screen, before running back to check the documentation or re-watch the relevant lecture. But then, as I started writing, I would realize I could do it! It's a lot of work and a lot of time, but the instructors are obviously committed to helping students actually learn real-world skills, instead of just getting more Coursera clicks with an easy class.

A+ and thank you to all the instructors for such a well-designed class. Can't wait to continue on with the specialization!

By Grace

May 08, 2017

Great! The professors are adorable and the content is easy to understand.

By Cristobal G R

Apr 11, 2018

Great for beginners and a very supportive group.

By Daren E

May 07, 2017

Great course, fun and interactive

By Шадрин А А

Mar 16, 2017

This is an amazing course. It's both joyful and useful in terms of information and the way it presents. I'm very thankful to Rice's professors and Coursera team for an opportunity to study this course. I'm about to use the knowledge I've got here to pass the exams and enroll in university. Though I still didn't complete the whole course because I have to concentrate on some particular themes for the exam I definitely will continue learning here after exams or even sooner. Can absolutely recommend this course for beginners and for the ones who have some misunderstanding in some particular fundamental topics in programming on python.

By Dinghan X

May 14, 2018

challenging for beginers but interesting.

By Renee B

Jul 31, 2016

I took this whole series in 2015 and I thought they were excellent. I had a programming background, but hadn't programmed in about 10 years, and i had no experience with Python. I found the material well presented and the homework interesting and non-trivial. It took me generally about 4-5 hours/week for the lectures and assignments.

By 沈汪晴

May 14, 2017

Very good course. It start with the basic concepts and guides you to master python with interesting practice exercises. The mini projects are really fun!

By omar m f

Sep 03, 2017

Very informative course. Highly recommended

By Oo K Z

May 28, 2017

Awesome

By Valentin F

Mar 31, 2016

quality course with enough practice

By tian t

Apr 12, 2017

Amazing course! I love the projects are designed. One really has to do some practical exercise to improve coding skills

By Nipun S

Jun 17, 2016

Awesome Course , Learn Lot of New things .A complete Interactive Course .

Its fun while learning.

By Gabriel F

Jan 28, 2018

Good content. Just try to submit project early so you can get your project reviewed!

By Beilei X

Dec 21, 2017

the teachers are so cute and the courses are very interesting!

By Joseph O

Aug 02, 2017

Excellent course! I truly learned a lot throughout this course. Every materials are instructed in detail which made me easy to follow up

By Animesh S

Sep 06, 2017

Rixner and Joe are 2 awesome teachers !!! :D

By Sharmilaadevi M

Nov 27, 2017

I highly appreciate and grateful to the Rice University Professors . They rock.Thank you.

By 李京霖

Sep 22, 2016

课程很不错的,推荐大家去上。

By Sarah L C

Dec 29, 2017

Simply delightful

By ANNYESHA S

Mar 15, 2018

it teaches you the basics of python while making learning super-fun!

By Hyojeong S

May 10, 2016

You can

By Zsolt P

Feb 19, 2017

Very good introductory course, highly recommended, even if you have little to no knowledge or experience in programming. You will have to spend a lot more time on it thought as it is stated - that is if you think of learning programming in Python seriously. It can be done even if you have a full time job and a family with a little baby as I had, just have to forget about sleeping much for some months :) But that is out because of the baby anyway.