Back to Career planning: resume/CV, cover letter, interview

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Career planning: resume/CV, cover letter, interview by National Research Tomsk State University

Do you want a job? A first job or a better job? Your dream job? This course is for you if you want to get a job in any English-speaking country (or in an international company that uses English). After 10+ years helping people in different countries get hired for their dream job, I decided to partner with Coursera to make career success accessible for a worldwide audience. After completing this course, you will know how to stand out from the crowd, how to make a great first impression and how to highlight your strengths. Step by step, you will learn: 1. How to find your ideal vacancy 2. How to construct a resume/CV targeted for your dream vacancy 3. How to compose a cover letter that makes a connection 4. How to strategically prepare for a successful job interview. But this is not all. I am glad to answer your individual questions. Please feel free to contact me by asking questions in the Discussion Forums. I aim to respond to 95% of questions within 24 hours. The examples and strategies I share with you in this course have already helped people find their dream jobs in top companies around the world. "Dr Peter J Mitchell's help with my resume enabled me to target key employers and smoothed the job application process. He is a real professional who cares about his clients and is always available to give important advice and support. I wholeheartedly recommend his services and even now, already as an employer, I engage him as a consultant!" - Simon, CEO of Expopromoter/Biletum, Shanghai, China "I have used Dr Mitchell’s services several times, and every time the result was exactly meeting my expectations and even exceeding them. He is a proven professional who always listens to your needs and precisely converts them to a result. It has always been a pleasure working with him." - Igor, Senior Consultant, PwC "It is with much enthusiasm that I am recommending the services of Dr Peter Mitchell’s online course designed to help international candidates on composing CVs, cover letters and other career-related texts in English. I am impressed by Peter’s quick response, positive and respectful communication. Peter is always willing to take the time to discuss language concerns and respond to questions. He pays attention to details for every submitted text, which makes his services very unique." - Lea, International School Principal, Sweden I would be delighted to help you on your journey to professional success. Sign up today to live your tomorrow! Peter J Mitchell...

VD
Oct 9, 2020

Excellent! This course is an eye-opener. You will observe a significant improvement in your resume and cover letter writing skills after going through the contents of this course. Highly recommended.

MA
Dec 13, 2020

like 👍 and sub done 🔔 supeb Wonderful video..... mind-blowing presentation.... Keep it up....I really liked the way you were presenting each and everything .... 🌺🌺💜💖...... I really enjoyed your

26 - 50 of 219 Reviews for Career planning: resume/CV, cover letter, interview

By Bella N S

Aug 4, 2020

this course helped me to upgrade my resume

By Yasmin P

Aug 15, 2020

to the point very useful and practical

By Leke M

Aug 13, 2020

Highly educative and very professional

By Миргородский Е А

Jul 10, 2020

Очень полезный и познавательный курс!

By Md. R Q S

Jul 30, 2020

Amazing Course, Amazing Instructor

By Jennifer P F

Jul 15, 2020

Excellent course tips and helpful

By Pradeep K

Nov 18, 2020

Recently I have gone through this course. This is a must course for someone looking to improve his/her resume/CV. There are very useful instructions about how to draft your CV and which things/sections to include or skip. Dr. Peter has shared different examples to demonstrate how an ideal resume/CV should be written. Apart from this, there are many examples which demonstrates how to answer interview questions. Overall, this is an excellent course for someone looking for advice on resume writing. Also this is an excellent course if someone is looking for how to answer standard interview questions.

By D�nisha D

Nov 17, 2020

This course was very informational and real. All the modules in this course are in fact on a real-life effort of making your next resume and cover letter as well as interview perfect for the company that you'll be applying to. The lesson videos were very much helpful and straight to the point to understand. I do recommend this course to anyone that would like to have a better idea of writing their resumes and cover letters as well as how to present yourself in any interview especially on your grammar and the words used to show leadership or to show how innovative one can be.

By Natalicole C

Nov 8, 2020

The best part of the course is understanding how STAR format helps with a candidate during interview. I also like that there were brief discussions on how the interviewer will see you as a candidate based on your action, outfit and method of creating resume. The topic is short but was able to cover all the information I need for me to prepare for my interview. I would highly recommend this course to those who are still in the process of working on their resume and preparing for job hunting.

By Michelle C

Nov 29, 2020

As a fresh graduate, I believe this course is an extremely valuable tool for any new job hunter out there. I learned most of the insights I needed for career planning, resume writing, interview preparations, and more through this resource. I've been surprised to find success relatively easy in terms of securing job opportunities, and I think it's highly likely because I applied the teachings here to my tools and strategies. So thank you to the makers and organizers of this course!

By Goyo W C

Sep 25, 2020

The contents are very comprehensive and all of them are well designed to help students learning them step by step without too much hesitation or difficulties. The concepts are well explained and correlated with each other thus strengthening our overall understanding all the key elements in writing resume, cover letter and how to prepare ourselves to attend job interview. In conclusion, this course is "learners friendly"! Thank you very much and congratulations!

By Abigail N

Feb 11, 2021

This was the first course I enrolled in and it is the best decision I've made so far. The course teaches you everything you need to know about writing a good and efficient resume and cover letter. It also gives an insight on the do's and don'ts of and interview. It has been very helpful.

Even after completing the course 6 months ago, the tutor still keeps me updated and also answers any questions I may have.

By Mirian F P

Aug 31, 2020

This course is engaging and really helpful. The video lectures are very informative and provide an overview of what one should do to have a successful job hunt. The material in the course is amazing, specially the CV and resume templates and the action verbs for career success documentation (which comes in handy specially for non-native English speakers). I am recommending it to all my friends!

By Shirshov A

Jun 30, 2020

I am grateful to the course developers. They made a really useful course that can help inexperienced people in writing resumes. Personally, as a student, I was interested to learn such information because in the future I will have to face writing a lot of resumes. So. I would like to thank the developers for their success in developing the course.

By Aedrian A

Jan 5, 2021

Practical, concise and authoritative in content - thanks to the instructor's expertise and experience. I will most likely review the material in this course every time I apply for work and prepare for interviews. The instructor was also consistently active in the forums during the entire time I was taking the course.

By Allen R C

Dec 13, 2020

This course will guide you craft your resume and cover letter, as well as the appropriate way to answer interview questions. Thank you so much to the course instructor who shared his expertise all throughout. I recommend this course to every professional out there especially for those who are starting out.

By fateme y

Dec 23, 2020

this course was everything it claimed to be! easy to understand for all audiences and the chosen subjects were the right ones. after this you will have a general knowledge of what a resume and interview is; which can be adapted to your needs and different situations. strongly recommend it!

By Muhammad I U

Jul 27, 2020

Excellent course to improve CV and other career-related material. There are so many important things I came to know while building a CV and cover letter. In fact, I will recommend that everyone should have this course for better interview procedures

By Lopatin R

Aug 17, 2020

I would like to recommend taking this course to anyone who really wants to get their dream job. The teacher's level of competence is the highest, as well as the course quality which will provide you with great learning experience. 5/5

By Shiza Z

Sep 3, 2020

This course is too much useful. I've taken many courses from Coursera,but this one is more informative and goof for our professional life. Everything is described very well with examples. I recommend everyone to take it.

By Yessica P A F

Nov 6, 2020

I love the simplicity of this course that make easy to understand, even he put the possibles question with his respective answer in an interview. Also, the instructor always answer any doubt in the forum.

By Vivek S D

Oct 10, 2020

By Brittney A

Oct 18, 2020

This course taught me a tremendous amount about structure, action words and properly formatting content for my resume. I have gotten one interview so far and assisted a friend in getting a job.

By Lintha S

Oct 12, 2020

Good course. Simple and fast. The instructor is precise, consistent and straightforward. Recommended to those looking to quickly learn and craft a resume and prepare for interviews.

By majji v k

Nov 2, 2020

Its a very essential course. I loved and learned so much from this course. I thank the instructor for giving such an invaluable information.