Back to Rethinking International Tax Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Rethinking International Tax Law by Universiteit Leiden

In recent years, the international tax planning strategies of multinationals have become a source of – often heated – debate. This course provides learners with the tools to become fully informed participants in the debate by explaining the foundations and practice of international tax law as well as addressing current developments and the ethical aspects of tax planning....

VM

Dec 27, 2018

Excellent course. A very good overview of the current international tax issues. It can be quite challenging for a beginner, but still accessible. I strongly recommend to take the time to do it whole.

PB

Jun 09, 2016

This is a FIVE STAR course for completeness and structure. Plenty of material available. I really would welcome to be informed by the Leiden University in case of further course on tax subjects.

1 - 25 of 161 Reviews for Rethinking International Tax Law

By JEFFREY C

May 16, 2018

Great course, even for an experienced tax practitioner like myself, I still learnt a lot. You can really feel the depth of experience and knowledge from the instructors as they teach. The reading materials are also well selected and relevant. An update of the course now that BEPS has been implemented and given the fast changing landscape of international tax could be considered.

By Robert A

Jan 16, 2016

Challenging course offered balance of study and testing: 3 essays, 6 short tests and one final exam. The quality of interviews, study sources and presentation by professionals was second-to-none by Coursera standards. This course is demanding. If you take the course you need to have a background in tax or be prepared to study over 10 hours per week. If you follow the guidelines and substantial source documents and presentations you should be able to pass the course. More importantly, focusing on the issues, ways and means that global enterprises have benefited from weak tax treaties and domestic laws is an eye-opener. Every politician elected to public office should take this course. Very done! Leiden's Centre for International Tax Law is clearly a world leader in tax law study and assessment.

By Donovon K

Jun 09, 2017

This is a great, in depth introduction to international tax law. A perfect starter course if you have a very basic understanding of tax law to begin with and are interested in building on that.

By Rajat A

May 21, 2018

One of the most toughest course on Coursera and it was a great challenge completing it. I hope the Course is updated with new lectures and it will be a pleasure watching the videos again.

By Marcos M B

Aug 01, 2019

Excelente curso, super recomendable. Sinceramente he recibido los mismos conocimiento que cursando un postgrado en derecho internacional tributario en universidades de mi país.

By Chie T

Jul 02, 2019

I work as an international tax accountant, but there are more new things to learn, which is very helpful for my work. I wish they offer courses for each weeks' topic.

By Victor L P

Aug 27, 2019

The course is very good, however, an update is urgently needed (BEPS, ATAD I & II, DAC6 etc.).

By Juri S

Oct 25, 2017

I would like to congratulate the organizers and the high level lecturers as well as the tax specialists for bringing this course online. This course gives a unique opportunity to take an insight to the core elements of the international tax law. Videos are of optimal length enabling good concentration and parallel working as scripts are available for easier revision. Course materials are offering a good starting point for further research.

The advance track could give a basis for a new edition of this course on the taxation of the digital economy, as most of the economic players are/become digital. Another idea would be to send course graduates regular updates on related research and/or events.Thank you in advance.

By Alida B

Dec 19, 2019

I have expanded my knowledge in this area and I am very much grateful for Coursera online learning platform, educators that participated in creation of the course and fellow peers that were kind enough to always review my assignments. I will sure be back on Coursera to study further more. It was truly an experience I will appreciate.

By Vivian A

Nov 03, 2016

International taxation principles initially seemed too complicated for me to understand. This has to a greater extent been demystified and I have the confidence that I can deliver great results for assigned tasks. It is for this reason that I have decided to take on international taxation as a career path

By sagar t

Nov 27, 2016

Its an amazing course to provide an insight to international taxation, one of my favorite subjects to study. The only suggestion would be to make the video lecture a slight longer and in depth about topics. Otherwise its an amazing course. Hopefully one day i'll b able to study in the university itself.

By Slobodan T

Sep 28, 2016

The course gives you a fantastic platform for learning and upgrading your knowledge in the area of international tax law. I fount it extremely useful and inspiring for digging deeper in the area of international tax law. Thanks Leiden and the University team for making the effort!

By Juande M

Mar 23, 2016

Very nice and up to date course, thumbs up for the Leiden University, the International Tax Centre and specially Professors Douma and Van Raad for making such a wonderful and accurate work. Would recommend it to anyone getting into International Taxation as a newcomer or an expert

By Liliyana Z

Aug 16, 2019

Really good course. The only problem is that probably there were not enough participants at the time I was doing it, so i had to wait quite a considerable time before being assessed. Otherwise as it come to information and content it was well organised and i lived it.

By Walter C

Jun 29, 2017

The Course is outstanding. The Team put a lot of effort in the making of this course. The Speakers are the leading experts in the Field of international Taxation and Transfer Pricing. At the same time the course is motivating as well as very instructive. Ov

By Mascha B

Apr 07, 2016

Nice course from my own study program and university. I am glad the staff wants people to get to know more about tax law. It is complex but very interesting. Today it becomes more important, especially in the debate about base erosion and profit shifting.

By Amisher J

Aug 06, 2017

This is a very good course to enroll, i am so delighted to share that i learnt a lot through this course. I have been contemplating on which path to take in my career but finally after this course im taking on International taxation.

By Gianluca D

Oct 30, 2016

This course gives you a snapshot of the issues normally dealt in int. tax law. The course is taught by great professionals and academics, and confers to its participants the necessary basic knowledge to face a deeper study of the subject.

By Chi H T

Mar 02, 2019

Very useful for industry practioners to grasp an understanding on the overhaul of international tax regimes recently, lead by the OECD, the EUCoCG and the likes, which has a far-reaching impact on corporate structures and strategies.

By Andrea I

Feb 05, 2020

This course was amazing since it gave me the possibility to face the international tax context in a proactive way. It was full of concrete experiences through the interviews with important personalities of international tax field.

By Alejandro C A

Jan 18, 2016

this module makes me think about the tax i have been studying about the taxes and how working , thank you to the leiden university i have been learning about of the famous beps and other themes sorry for my bad english

By Ali A

Jun 06, 2017

Great course. It helps me to widen my gaze in regard of tax planning, contemporary issues and transfer pricing..etc. Thanks Prof. Dr. Sjoerd Douma and the wonderful team. The course is highly recommended for tax professionals

By Bernardo L E

Nov 29, 2016

Excellent Course, for beginners to experts. I contains lots of reading and interesting videos. I think the time require in each week is a bit to much, specially for individuals that are full time workers and have families.

By Титова Е И

Apr 12, 2016

The course provides an extremely sophisticated and deep knowledge on the subject. Professors are very knowledgeable and talented!I really recommend to take this course to improve your knowledge on International Tax Law

By Josh S

Oct 24, 2017

Incredible breath of knowledge and additional information to use. This would be one of the few course I would consider purchasing a certificate for future employment or for a degree in international tax law.