Back to Introduction to Deep Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Deep Learning by HSE University

The goal of this course is to give learners basic understanding of modern neural networks and their applications in computer vision and natural language understanding. The course starts with a recap of linear models and discussion of stochastic optimization methods that are crucial for training deep neural networks. Learners will study all popular building blocks of neural networks including fully connected layers, convolutional and recurrent layers. Learners will use these building blocks to define complex modern architectures in TensorFlow and Keras frameworks. In the course project learner will implement deep neural network for the task of image captioning which solves the problem of giving a text description for an input image. The prerequisites for this course are: 1) Basic knowledge of Python. 2) Basic linear algebra and probability. Please note that this is an advanced course and we assume basic knowledge of machine learning. You should understand: 1) Linear regression: mean squared error, analytical solution. 2) Logistic regression: model, cross-entropy loss, class probability estimation. 3) Gradient descent for linear models. Derivatives of MSE and cross-entropy loss functions. 4) The problem of overfitting. 5) Regularization for linear models. Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

DK
Sep 19, 2019

one of the excellent courses in deep learning. As stated its advanced and enjoyed a lot in solving the assignments. looking forward for more such courses especially in Natural language processing

TP
Aug 8, 2020

A very good course and it is truly insightful. This course deals with more on the concepts therefore I have a better understanding of what is really happening when I build deep learning models.

76 - 100 of 420 Reviews for Introduction to Deep Learning

By Alfredo G Z

Dec 28, 2019

I definitely learnt a lot, this is called Intro to Deep Learning yet it is much more than an Intro.

Assignments are hard but challenge you to think a lot.

The only thing I would improve is if the staff did more maintaining and responded more quickly to the forums.

By Pavan K U

Aug 27, 2019

Overall course content is good and engaging. But I feel a little bit gap while doing assignments. I feel instructions are clear but for better understanding, it would have been better if a sample input and output is present after every function we implement.

By Vladimir S

Dec 13, 2017

Курс немного сыроват. Особенно касается задания для отличников на одной из недель, которое нельзя сабмитить. А так молодцы - курс хороший хоть и с недочетами. СПС авторам.

З.Ы. Некоторым лекторам всё-таки я бы посоветовал поработать над произношением...

By Anupam K

Apr 12, 2020

Great, great content! The tutors were amazing. The topics covered and the level of details, the coding assist scripts, the tests were all very impressive. Loved the course and would recommend it highly to anyone interested in starting off with ML.

By Kovács T

Jun 25, 2020

Fantastic course, I really enjoyed it. Well structured, one of the best.

Although, I already have MPP AI and Data Science certificate, this course and hopefully the whole specialization will be in my Top3 list of Deep Learning. Keep going guys!

By Chiau H L

Oct 8, 2018

The assignments of this course are very challenging but rewarding. It's not very 'INTRO' as stated in the course title as the pacing is super fast (one type of NN per week!). Overall a highly recommended course to anybody who's interested !

By Diego T B

Sep 28, 2019

I think this is a nice course! however I felt like I cannot do many of the things I did in the course from scratch. Nice topics, well taught. The only bad point is that subtitles in English are terrible, they need to be more accurate.

By Ануфриев С С

Sep 12, 2018

Good, however in programming assignments could be beneficial to add mathematical equations for computations or maybe add variables input. By doing so, much less confusion with shapes and computational workflow could be achieved.

By AMAN J

May 13, 2020

nice course. Give me the basic understanding of deep learning ,working with keras and tensorflow ,and introduce with convolutional layers and recurrent. I am very happy to complete the course. thanks to all instructor.

By Gökhan T

Oct 8, 2018

it's really hard to compare other introduction courses, it's tough course. You need to hard word to complete. It enjoyable course, there are alot to learn and it will teach you some key features of deep learning.

By Голубев К О

Aug 15, 2018

Great course with nice lecturers and intersting practice. Of course I'd like to grasp more theoretical and practical questions from this course (GANs, Prizma, e. t. c.), but everything should have it's own end

By Orson T M

Sep 13, 2020

a great course that puts you in real situations of a machine learning project in industry and by doing this course you will gain a great experience of machine learning for my part I highly recommend it to you

By nishan p

Feb 24, 2018

A good course for introducing the various concepts of Deep Learning. It neither goes too deep into the models nor taught in a blackbox way. I think it's just a mixed of both ways. The teachers were good. :)

By Ahmed T

Mar 7, 2020

For an intro class, it's very good. I appreciate the perspective on deep learning as a language, rather than some magical silver bullet, but it would be nice if that was elaborated through assignments.

By Andres M

The hardest, yet most satisfying course I've ever taken in deep learning, by the end of the course I was doing stuff that was borderline sci-fi and that was just "introduction" to deep learning

By superfantastic

Jul 19, 2018

Fantastic course.In fact, I think it,s not a easy thing to accomplish all the assignments with this course.

I got a lot of gains through this course. Thanks for all the instructors.

By Yiwei G

Jan 28, 2018

This is a very hands on Deep Learning class. Like the design of programming assignments a lot. It's very instructive as well as challenging! Great course. I would recommend it!

By Akash S

Mar 25, 2018

Great course! The faculty does an excellent job in explaining some difficult to understand concepts. The discussion forum is very active and the course community is helpful.

By Frank F

Jul 31, 2018

Finally a Course that does more than introducing the topic, but helps you in your every practice of deep learning modelling. Awesome! Looking forward to much more to come!

By Timo

May 30, 2019

Definitely great course!

(Was more interested in the math than the acutal "doing" of the programming, so I sometimes found the exercises a little enerving... :) )

By Jens R

Sep 2, 2019

I learned a lot. I had a tiny typo in the last exercise, which took most of my time. But searching for this mistake was probably the time I learnt the most ;).

By Hamel H

Dec 29, 2017

This is amazing content. The instructors have a really good sense of humor which you can detect if you are paying attention, this makes the course really fun.

By Simon G

Mar 20, 2019

I really liked, that you are able to clone the repositories directly do work locally on the notebooks and therefore providing a much more stable environment!

By saket g

Jun 17, 2018

Challenging and motivating, it is not self sufficient but its ok to see some resources on Internet.Always excited to study this.Thanks to all teachers...!!

By Zhanpeng H

Jan 5, 2018

This is the best course that I have taken so far about deep learning on Coursera. It contains nice explanations about different types of neural networks.