Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL

Mar 07, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

ER

Mar 08, 2016

This course has a lot of information. It is well organized, and so many music illustrations. I am really enjoying this course, and will freely recommend it to anyone interested in classical music.

176 - 200 of 793 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By ana b

Aug 01, 2020

Execellent course. Congratulations for my dear Professor Cright. He is a brilliant teacher and I really . I really felt like her real pupil, listening to his classes and taking his quizzes . Thank you so much for share with us all what you know.

By melanie L

Jul 24, 2020

I did not take this course for a certificate. I enjoyed it thoroughly and enjoyed it so much. Some of it was over my head, but I sure learned so much. I highly recommend this course. I certainly have a deeper understanding of classical music.

By Alyssa R

Jun 14, 2018

Professor Craig Wright is very engaging and knowledgable. I learned more than expected about the physics of music and came away with a very diverse classical music playlist. Looking forward to more courses of this kind by Professor Wright.

By Amber G

Jul 02, 2020

It was a joy to go through this course and made a relaxing end to the day. The professor is extremely knowledgeable and brings a wealth of personal experiences to the class. Don't be worried about the time commitment, it will just flow.

By Kevin W

Jun 23, 2020

This was a great course. A wonderful mix of music history, development, form and insight into composers. I really learned a lot and will be able to listen to music with more understanding and even more appreciation. Thank you Craig!

By Akane V U

Apr 05, 2018

The course is very well structured and takes great examples of each era. Craig is a very witty and engaging teacher. The course material is interesting an in-depth enough that not only novices to Classical Music can learn a lot from it.

By Anika N

Jul 01, 2017

I really enjoyed this course, the videos were understandable and each of them was really interesting. Now I can only hope that my ID will finally be verified so that I didn't pay without getting my certificate. Thank you for this course

By Silvia M R P

Aug 01, 2020

I have enjoyed every minute of the course, I always love classical music, but the tools of the course help me love it even more. I am really grateful that Yale and Coursera give us the opportunity to love and comprehend classical music

By Blanca C M S

Jun 06, 2020

This was an amazing course. Even better than expected. I'm an undergraduated student and I found this course so helpful in many aspects of my career. So inspiring and easy to undestand. Thanks a lot to Dr. Craig and all the Yale team.

By Lucio G

May 23, 2020

El curso es excelente. Craig Wright tiene mucho carisma y su forma de explicar es realmente entretenida y atrapante. El curso consigue cumplir con creces los objetivos, utilizando recursos muy gráficos y claros. Altamente recomendable

By Paul O

Jan 13, 2018

The teacher explain its perfect, the teacher is divine. He explain lots of things but not boring you, he explained it making you to understand and you feel the happiest of the world.

here I've putten 5/5 but if I could I would put 6/5.

By Eric F

Jan 12, 2016

Professor Wright does an exceptional job of transferring his passion for music to the class. His general overview of the types and history of classical music has made me appreciate the various era's that are grouped usually as one.

By Alesya V

Jul 13, 2020

This is the course you need for starting your journey to classical music. Good base, interesting lectures, a lot of facts, quizzes that test your knowledge and motivate you to learn more.

Thank you so much for this wonderful course!

By Sir N J

Apr 02, 2020

A stunningly good course. I completed it in the middle of the Covid-19 crisis and there was no better time to have a course to keep me grounded and generally positive. A heartfelt 'thank you' to Prof Craig Wright and all his team

By Alexandra V

Aug 02, 2019

I've enjoyed the course immensely! it is so much more than just music, it's a thoughtful introduction to architecture, painting, poetry and so much more! Very helpful for navigating the arts and culture. Thank you Professor Wright!

By Ana Y B E

Apr 05, 2016

Excellent and compelling course; great introduction to classical music splattered with interesting facts to make it more entertaining, would recomend 100% for those looking to get a first and complete glimpse into classical world.

By MARIA S

Aug 03, 2020

I loved this course! I’m not a musician, but I listen Classical music and I learned a lot with professor Craig, who is the best teacher, very nice and smart.

I recommend this course to anyone who loves and enjoy classical music.

By Stuff

Jun 21, 2016

During this course, as a complete novice, I am shocked daily by how much there is to learn about music. The course does an excellent job of inspiring one to learn more and providing the quality of content to enable one to do so.

By Loreta M

Apr 15, 2020

Well structured, engaging professor, interesting material, easy to understand. As a complete novice in music, I had some troubles following some of the terminology, but majority of the course has an easy to understand approach.

By Irene

Aug 16, 2020

This course was extremely informative and entertaining. Professor Wright is an excellent educator, he makes music theory understandable, and I felt compelled to keep coming for more lessons. Thank you for this wonderful class!

By Simon V

Sep 17, 2020

It is a very complete course. I recommend taking it to both musicians and non-musicians. The teacher explains very well and knows how to approach topics in a fun way. I wish there were more music courses from Yale University.

By Germán D S C

I always wanted to understand the world of classical music, where it comes from and how it has become the way it is, and thanks to the course I can say that there are almost no questions left to answer, only music to enjoy.

By Jan R

Apr 23, 2019

Amazing introduction to classical music! I've learned so much. Professor Wright is an excellent teacher, he will draw your attention by his knowledge and his sense of humor. I can honestly recommend this course to everyone!

By Ashrujit B

Oct 05, 2018

A great course with a wonderful, enthusiastic professor who has a real passion for the subject. I really enjoyed taking this course, and recommend it highly to anyone who wants an introduction to western classical music.

By Paula P

May 18, 2017

Professor Wright is excellent. He is impressively knowledgeable, and his presentations are interesting. He uses a variety of methods to get his point across and to reinforce his information. Well done, and thank you!