Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL
Mar 6, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

EV
Oct 15, 2020

Wonderful course where Craig Wright delves into all eras of classical music and takes you along for the wonderful ride! Craig Wright is one of the best instructors I have come across! Enjoy the ride!

326 - 350 of 852 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By CRISTIAN B

Jun 13, 2020

Un curso muy bien logrado, que utiliza la tecnología de forma eficiente y crea un ambiente interesante para el aprendizaje. Lo recomendaré.

By Alex F

Feb 24, 2016

Incredibly in depth, kind to those without a classical background and deeply nourishing in terms of concepts, ideas and harmony knowledge.

By Bonnie V

Oct 28, 2020

What an amazing course! Teacher was great- so keen and clear. Learned so much and have a much greater appreciation of classical music.

By Mari S

Sep 7, 2020

I did it! Thank you very much, Prof. Wright and James :)

It was fun and easy to manage my time to keep learning about Classical music.

By Carlos A R

Aug 3, 2020

High level. The profesor demostrates a broad knowledge of music and manage to convey the passion he feels for it.

Highly recommended.

By Jack B

Jun 5, 2020

Inspirational class. Huge thanks to Professor Wright for not only sharing his knowledge and insight, but sharing himself as a person.

By Sheila S

Jan 24, 2018

It is a joyous experience to be taught by a professor who is sharing only a minute fraction of his clearly vast knowledge!! Thank you!

By Arie A

Jun 25, 2016

Just the right level of details and music theory for a lay person that wants to enjoy the music can understand more. I enjoy it a lot.

By Rafael G

Jul 11, 2020

I Loved It, it is amazing . For sure I'll revisit the course, I'm happy and grateful for the people that made this course possible .

By Rafael G

Apr 11, 2020

Muy valiosa experiencia. Un profesor extraordinario, que lo aprecias más conforme avanza el curso y recursos pedagógicos increíbles.

By Anran W

Mar 22, 2020

The content is great. However, it does take ages to complete this course. 4 hours on modernism and post-modernism is really painful.

By Carlos G M

Jun 23, 2019

An amazing Introductory course (even though I think it is more than that). 100% recommended, wonderful!!! Incredible experience. :D

By Óscar R

Jun 29, 2020

Excellent course! The course contains not just history of classical music, but some history of art, and some music theory as well.

By Eduardo G B

Jun 14, 2020

I´m so satisfied with this course, it was a pleasure to do it.

Thank you so much for share all that knowledge in the way you do it.

By Barbara

Aug 11, 2020

I love it

I am in a choir and can read music somewhat

I am in awe of the extent and varied formats.

Am enjoying immensely

Thank you!!

By Caitlin D

Feb 20, 2020

I really felt like I learned a lot, and can now at least partially understand the differences in the classical music I listen to.

By roger

Jul 24, 2019

Very good introduction course for non-music students. A lot of samples and analysis. Wide range material to cover classical music

By Diana C P M

Jan 10, 2019

This is the best course ever !!! The teacher is great, I really enjoy the classes and it was helpfull for my research. Thanks! :)

By Olga V

Jun 24, 2016

Fantastic course. Thank you for such a great material collection; my time with you was most enjoyable and I have learned a lot.

By Ruiyan Q

May 8, 2016

I enjoy the lessons. The professor gives detailed description with fabulous music. I am totally addicted to classical music now.

By Katja L

Aug 25, 2020

Instructive, engaging, and thoroughly enjoyable. Anyone can benefit from a deeper understanding of classical music and culture!

By luciana n m

May 1, 2020

I love the course, I´m sad that it is over! I learnt a lot, and the format is completly enganging. The professor is fantastic.

By Álvaro M E

Aug 28, 2020

Craig Wright deserves all the love he can get, an incredible being with enormous intelligence. I hope I can meet him someday.

By Britta T

Sep 14, 2018

Very in detail, and super interesting. Plus there are recap quizzes for me to test my knowledge.

In general a GREAT course!!!!