Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

26 - 50 of 269 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Shashank

Oct 08, 2018

Wonderfully helpful. If you ever need help in probability, take this course. It teaches you all important fundamentals in a engaging and fun way. Loved it.

By Khan H

Oct 23, 2018

Nice intuition about probability that can help you to understand the problems in daily life, and how to solve it. Appreciate the teacher of this class for best intuition.

By MANIKANDAN R

Oct 30, 2018

I am Mathematics Professor in an Engineering College in India. Karl and Jose are excellent. Karl show me a new way of teaching, and it is fun to learn. Since its a basic course I know the concepts, but still it is interest to learn. This course give me some refreshment in probability concepts. The title of the course and the content is superbly matching. Hats off to Karl, Jose. Salutes to Coursera for give me an opportunity like this.

By Bilonozhko A

Nov 01, 2018

Great course, thanks a lot! Incredible simple and understandable presentation of the material.

By Walid Z

Nov 04, 2018

Simply excellent. I had a lot of fun learning about probabilities and clarifying some notions that I missunderstood.

By Marwan B

Nov 20, 2018

A new way to see the world around you especially in the statistical and probalitily view of the world

By Rahul K

Oct 24, 2018

A really no-nonsense course that helped me reacquaint myself with the basics of probability. I found the Professor to be extremely knowledgeable, convivial and enthusiastic. Truly, the professor knew his probability. He was able to explain concepts with a childish ease and amazing flow. The course is also very well structured, transitioning from discrete random variables to continuous random variables seamlessly. Personally, I would love to attend more MOOCs conducted by this Professor. A very good course for beginners as well - not a lot of prior knowledge is required.

By Lau C C C

Jul 19, 2018

By Sergey B

Sep 17, 2018

Karl is a great techer, thanks for the course!

By Nick

Jan 14, 2018

Excellent! Excellent and simple. Simply excellent!

By Rafael B

Feb 17, 2018

Really fascinating course very well done. I just loved it!

By Jack S

Feb 09, 2018

I value the real world approach.

By Camilo R

Nov 05, 2017

The contain is very clear, much better than other courses and books. It would be a fantastic idea whether the Prof will launch a new MOOC Advanced Stat course :).

By Kaveh

Mar 04, 2018

very interesting way of teaching. Enjoyed the video's a lot.

By matthew s

Apr 10, 2018

I never thought probability could be interesting ! Great stuff.

By Herbert E D

Jun 01, 2017

A thoughtful and engaging course to help one think critically about probability without getting bogged down in too many maths details: really helpful.

By Raghu T P

Feb 18, 2018

Instructor is simply awesome. The way lecture is delivered with superb examples. Its an excellent course and no one shoudl miss it.

By jack s

Jul 30, 2017

Excellent. Very clear instruction with some very interesting real life examples. Course a bit basic for me. Wish there was a follow-up with more advanced material.

By Anirudha I

Dec 01, 2017

I liked the instruction style and example used. Good refresher !

By Rachit

Jun 17, 2017

By leo

Sep 21, 2017

very usefull to develop intuitive skills about probaIlity, to understand beyond the rules.

By Thomas J H

Mar 19, 2017

Good introduction to key concepts. Wish I had taken this course before I had started other Stat Courses on Coursera.

By Dario B

Aug 25, 2017

I took a probability course almost 20 years ago, and it kinda vanished due lack of usage on my daily job. But as preparation for Data Science career path, I decided to take a refresh about it and found this course. I totally enjoyed it! Even when I may have preferred a little bit of additional theory and samples in Python (I come from CS ;-), I understand that the current format of the course reaches a much wider audience. This is one of those rare cases when abstract theory is smashed to the ground of applications, in a quite amusing way. Über-kudos for the Profr. and TA; they did an astonishing job and I hope they publish more courses in the future.

By Atulya G

Jun 12, 2017

A wonderful course for beginners in probability. Interesting problem set and exercises, especially the applications of Benford's law.

By vimard v