Back to IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

This course covers a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. We’ll give you some background of encryption algorithms and how they’re used to safeguard data. Then, we’ll dive into the three As of information security: authentication, authorization, and accounting. We’ll also cover network security solutions, ranging from firewalls to Wifi encryption options. Finally, we’ll go through a case study, where we examine the security model of Chrome OS. The course is rounded out by putting all these elements together into a multi-layered, in-depth security architecture, followed by recommendations on how to integrate a culture of security into your organization or team. At the end of this course, you’ll understand: ● how various encryption algorithms and techniques work as well as their benefits and limitations. ● various authentication systems and types. ● the difference between authentication and authorization. ● how to evaluate potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk. ● best practices for securing a network. ● how to help others to grasp security concepts and protect themselves....

DS

Apr 26, 2018

DS

Aug 17, 2018

This course was insane, all the possibilities, the potential for growth, and the different ways to help protect against cyber attacks. It was truly an eye-opening lesson in security. Thank you.

101 - 125 of 1,057 Reviews for IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

By Danny C

Been a long journey but i learned a lot from this course. I hope that all the time and effort I put in will pay off. this was a very good course hope everyone else enjoys and learned from it like i I did.

By Rama K R

Apr 10, 2020

This Course is Pretty good!!! It makes us walk through all the key concepts of Security, right from the critical infrastructures to the end-users. Excellent stuff from Google. Thanks to the instructor!!!

By Gaddis, D

Jul 12, 2019

This was an awesome course, I learned so much more about how to protect all of the devices and networks that I will be utilizing. The Google team was very professional with all of the material presented.

By Mike M

Jun 18, 2018

I enjoyed this course. The instructor was funny and the material was new to me. If you don't know anything about security, I feel that this course at least familiarizes you with the concepts and terms.

By Nathan B

Aug 22, 2018

Good course! A lab using some of the tools like Nessus, OpenVAS or Qualys, and a lab demonstrating

penetration testing or vulnerability scanning could help learners better visualize these processes.

By Likith R

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you Google, Qwiklabs and the Coursera team for giving me this wonderful opportunity to learn the vast IT world. Thank you for providing me with the knowledge and the start to a career in IT.

By Jovana Ć

Mar 23, 2020

Content is good, but unfortunately I am not able to finish my tasks in LABS, since many links are broken, thus I cannot finish and get the certificate finally. It really prolongs my job search.

By Luz S D A

Sep 28, 2019

Fue muy interesante eme encanto, pude aprender muchas cosas que no sabia y todo esto va ser muy util para todos los trabajos que encuentre de ahora en adelante, gracias cousera. Gracias Google

By Bruno A T

Curso bem feito, com conteúdo atualizado, bem apresentado e com laboratórios práticos intuitivos e funcionando exatamente como deveriam. O Google está de parabéns com o trabalho que fizeram.

By John O

Jun 05, 2019

Make you relies that we may lock are car and house but we really don'y think how an intrude can take control of our lives but gaining access through poor security at our home and work spaces

By Kyle F

Apr 28, 2018

This course has addressed all of the industry standards and best practices associated with enterprise level security. I have improved my knowledge and gained valuable skills for the future

By Stephen D M

Jul 09, 2019

Very informative! This course helped me to change some of my habits when it comes to computer security and will definitely help you to better understand the need for strong IT security.

By Angel M C M

What an amazing challenging course, I love all the content, at times it was way too much to digest, however, the instructor made it very comprehensible and accessible. Highly recommend

By Anna U

Dec 16, 2019

Very informative course with an accent on practical skills and knowledge. Explanations are well-done and stimulate thinking about problems and get involved in themes deeper and deeper.

By VISHAL R

This course was a very easy to learn and the concepts were practical that can be implemented in organizations as well as in our personal life as well. Thank you google for this course

By Mike B

Apr 29, 2020

Great Course that covered a variety of security topics, tools, and "how to" items as well. I would recommend this course to anyone that is looking to get into IT and/or Cybersecurity!

By Jin T W

Apr 24, 2020

Thank you so much to all the Google instructors that have helped me understand so much about IT support. I feel more confident and understand more than I had coming into this course.

By Manuel P "

Dec 06, 2019

Awesome. Just awesome!!! I have learned so much, and IT Security is just up my alley with all of my previous security experience. Now I will take those skills into the digital realm.

By John B

Feb 23, 2019

Excellent course. Some of the material here will be to complicated for many beginners. If you're one of those, please take your time and ask questions to include Zendesk support.

By Kala B

Sep 19, 2018

I am glad I took this course and have learned so much. I totally recommend. Now I am just waiting for the next step to find a job in a great workplace where I can apply my skills.

By Lennard W

Feb 18, 2020

An excellent comprehensive exploration into defending network topologies and the aspects of infrastructure that provide connectivity, transactional, and communication convenience.

By Gaurav T

Oct 24, 2018

Great learning experience! Its explained and planned very professionally, with lot of humor in between , highly recommended for learners who want to explore career in IT security.

By Herold S

Sep 11, 2019

Overall this course was very challenging and helpful, because I've learned a lot about the IT security world. Big Thank you to all the instructors who made this course a success.

By Frank B

I love the broad perspective of IT that this course has given me; I know that the rest is left to me and that it is only the beginning of a wonderful journey!

Thank you, Google!

By andres s g m

Jun 04, 2020

muy bueno el curso enseña cosas muy importantes sobre la seguridad dentro de las redes que para hoy en dia es muy importante ya que las telecomunicaciones estan en todo lado