Back to IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

DS

Apr 26, 2018

LR

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you Google, Qwiklabs and the Coursera team for giving me this wonderful opportunity to learn the vast IT world. Thank you for providing me with the knowledge and the start to a career in IT.

76 - 100 of 1,224 Reviews for IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

By John D

May 15, 2019

I absolutely loved this course. The background of malicious processes that were then paired with specific security protocols and best practices was very well rounded and useful going forward. The final project was both overwhelming and absolutely rewarding in the end.

By Valentina G

This was my favorite course of all of the Google Support IT, and it really helped me to hone my previous skills in InfoSec. It was really easy to digest the information the instructor gave. I would recommend this course to anyone interesed in learning about Security.

By John L M

Oct 22, 2019

It's an awesome course I am sure compliments the CompTIA A+ certification. As I said to someone else, A+ may provide more of the hardware aspect of it, while Google ITPro provides the software aspect of the same area of technology. Two sides of the same coin!

By Abraham I

Feb 28, 2020

Awesome program and subject matter! I was constantly engaged and each section sparked a new level of curiosity in my search to become a more well rounded IT professional. I would highly recommend these courses to anyone interested in a career in technology!

By Mohammed P A

Oct 14, 2019

This was a great course.

The final project "sample" was a final wrapup awesome education in itself. Wonderful. Thanks.

I have surely come a long way from my rudimentary understanding to this full scale latest knowledge from the industry's leading "LEADER"

By Leanne S

Mar 31, 2019

I did enjoy learning the intricacies of IT security. There are other faucets of IT that i think I would better excel at, but this did help me understand what goes into a IT Security Team and what I need to do as a user to help future Security Personal.

By Naura E

TBH one of the top courses I've seen about infosec, and a very well explained course about complex topics. It also feels both very up to date and accessible. Thank you again to Google for the impressive job and quality content and accessible education!

By Sujith K

May 03, 2020

This is one of the best course one can go through, this course provides all the necessary knowledge required for a person who wants to explore this field and the best part is that it always keeps you engaging and also the lab work is the best part too.

By Sébastien L

Jan 13, 2019

Superb instructor! The course was interesting from the first video up to the last assignment. I personally deplore the fact that your grades basically depend on the competence of the peers that are evaluating you, but that's a story for another time.

By Samiur R

May 18, 2018

One of the most interesting as well as important course in this program. This course gives a clear idea about IT Security and Defense from today's perspective. I would recommend to do this course and go through all the materials. I enjoyed all of it.

By Destiny Y

Nov 17, 2019

As some with interest in Cybersecurity and Network Forensics, this course has really expanded my knowledge in some of IT security as it regards an enterprise IT environment. The instructors sounded grounded in each domain of the course they handled.

By Lance A

Apr 03, 2019

Very dense material. Covered a ton in this course, really liked how the consultation at the end tied everything together, the clear requirements made me review specifics so that I could make the proper recommendations! Overall, an empowering course.

By Ebanez, D

Feb 19, 2020

This course was a fantastic tool that I am grateful for. Thank you for the opportunity to learn and understand the hard work my colleagues put in towards their career! Additionally, I've picked up some skills that otherwise would not have.

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

This course provides the foundation of IT Security, a history of the security environment, and hands on experience implementing security solutions. I can now protect my own network and go into consulting for other businesses. Thanks Google!

By Eric L

Dec 09, 2019

It is a good course. However should the course allow "auditing" learner to participate to the final practices or exercises, it would be better. Of course "auditing" learner should not receive the cert even above suggestion is allowed.

By anthony j

Sep 07, 2019

This course is quite helpful and insightful. It explained basically everything that ran in the background like bank pins, most aspects of cashing a check, the hurdles you face when buying online, and even everyday life security. Thanks.

By Eva N O

Apr 26, 2019

I'm already enjoying the learning process with this instructor. He is thorough and explains concepts thoroughly albeit fast. I'm understanding security concepts that I only memorized to pass CompTIA's Network +. I'll go continue.

By Frank L E

May 29, 2019

I guess this course belongs to the top list of 'most complicated' course in this 5 course program. Thanks to everyone in Google and Goodwill for giving us this great opportunity to learn and acquire this perfect certification.

By Olukayode A

Apr 28, 2020

This is a very important part of the course and they left their best instructor for last. Don't get me wrong the other instructors are good too but considering the complexity of the subject matter, I think he handled it well.

By Ty'Shad S

Nov 29, 2018

This Course Was Very Interesting And Resourceful. I Learned A Tremendous Amount Of Information. This Program Was Something I Needed. I Plan To Continue Learning And Using The Information Gained In All Of My Future Endeavors.

By Sacha Z

May 09, 2020

Also this course goes into auch a level of details that you really learn a lot and it is great value for your time and money. Many things I did not know before. I think I have now a much better understanding of IT security.

By Sameer J

Jul 08, 2018

Deeply comprehensive & informative course, and it covers most aspects required for a cyber security job. Though just knowing these aspects is not enough, but this is definitely a good course for showing the right direction.

By Yasith R S

Jul 23, 2020

Really informative and interesting course. The lecturer was super clear about the concepts and explained them way that even a beginner can understand. Highly recommend for the people who have an interest in cyber security.

By Mahiyar

Apr 25, 2018

Good course for beginners, quite intense at times considering the topic matter one has to soak in and practice. Could be better with more labs and real life case studies about cyber security incidents and handling them.

By Amitha A N

I knew encryption and firewalls are to protect the systems, but the depth of knowledge i gained is inexplicable. The course makes you understand the basics of every component and methodology. It was a great experience