Back to IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

DS

Apr 26, 2018

LR

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you Google, Qwiklabs and the Coursera team for giving me this wonderful opportunity to learn the vast IT world. Thank you for providing me with the knowledge and the start to a career in IT.

76 - 100 of 1,369 Reviews for IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

By Vineet J

Jul 25, 2020

THanks you for all your guidance and sharing the indepth knowledge which can be fruitful for me or for anyone who is willing to spend some time and learn about the IT secuirty . I would definetely do a refresher as to make to keep myself upgraded and share my knowledge and skill with my friends and family

By Marius K

Jun 26, 2018

This course is a very good one. My only concern is that it is less practical. We need some practical experience. If you cna include at least one software to exercise this new tool, it will be great. Too many new terms are digested here without any practical take away. Please take in consideration this.

By Kaniesha W

Aug 28, 2020

Of all of the five courses in the IT Support Specialist specialization, I found this one to be the easiest to grasp. That might be because by now we've learned a lot of different information in the first four courses. I definitely just had an easier time grasping new information in this course.

By Jonathan T

Dec 02, 2019

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AS FAR AS A DIVING IN COURSE FOR NEWTWORK SECURITY. I USED TO THINK I HAD SOME SOFT OF IDEA BEHIND WHAT IT TAKES TO SECURE A SYSTEM, OH MY GOD I WAS SO WRONG THERES SO MUCH GOING ON OUT THERE AND YOU GUYS SEEM TO COVER ALOT OF IT IN THE COURSE SO. IM HERE

By Ian S

Aug 06, 2018

My favorite course in the series. The other day, I was made aware of a major security breach in a top 10 social media news source. I UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING IN THEIR POST-MORTEM! In my opinion, this was the course that really pushed me for the first time in the series. Give me more Google!

By Hawra A

Sep 16, 2020

Wow was this comprehensive! Just basic information of course, but so many things! Recommend for people who want a basic overview of how IT security works. Managers and non-tech people will benefit by learning where their organization is lacking in security and how it can be improved :)

By Tyvon Z

Oct 04, 2019

Although I've already taken and passed the CompTia Security + exam this was an amazing course, it's a great refresher for those looking to recap on previous knowledge or anyone looking to get their feet wet. I'm looking forward to more courses by Grow with Google in the future.

By Josh K

Dec 03, 2019

Excellent course to develop a breadth of knowledge. I had some basic coding experience coming in, and this course definitely opened up some interesting paths to explore. I feel comfortable after going through the material a couple of times, to take on an entry level IT role.

By Jolly J Y J K

Aug 19, 2020

IT Security was one of the best courses I enjoyed learning. I'm still in the infancy level though. I need an entry-level training in this particular field. I thank Coursera and Google who helped me to achieve this certificate. The quizzes and lab were very knowledgeable.

By JD D

May 15, 2019

I absolutely loved this course. The background of malicious processes that were then paired with specific security protocols and best practices was very well rounded and useful going forward. The final project was both overwhelming and absolutely rewarding in the end.

By Valentina G

This was my favorite course of all of the Google Support IT, and it really helped me to hone my previous skills in InfoSec. It was really easy to digest the information the instructor gave. I would recommend this course to anyone interesed in learning about Security.

By John L M I

Oct 22, 2019

It's an awesome course I am sure compliments the CompTIA A+ certification. As I said to someone else, A+ may provide more of the hardware aspect of it, while Google ITPro provides the software aspect of the same area of technology. Two sides of the same coin!

By Abraham I

Feb 28, 2020

Awesome program and subject matter! I was constantly engaged and each section sparked a new level of curiosity in my search to become a more well rounded IT professional. I would highly recommend these courses to anyone interested in a career in technology!

By Antony J

Aug 22, 2020

Excellent course, academically challenging. The only way to get through the course is to take copious notes. Dense material that must have taken a lot of preparation. There weren't too many labs in this course, but they were excellent and informative.

By Mohammed P A

Oct 14, 2019

This was a great course.

The final project "sample" was a final wrapup awesome education in itself. Wonderful. Thanks.

I have surely come a long way from my rudimentary understanding to this full scale latest knowledge from the industry's leading "LEADER"

By Leanne S

Mar 31, 2019

I did enjoy learning the intricacies of IT security. There are other faucets of IT that i think I would better excel at, but this did help me understand what goes into a IT Security Team and what I need to do as a user to help future Security Personal.

By Naura E

TBH one of the top courses I've seen about infosec, and a very well explained course about complex topics. It also feels both very up to date and accessible. Thank you again to Google for the impressive job and quality content and accessible education!

By Sujith K

May 03, 2020

This is one of the best course one can go through, this course provides all the necessary knowledge required for a person who wants to explore this field and the best part is that it always keeps you engaging and also the lab work is the best part too.

By Sébastien L

Jan 13, 2019

Superb instructor! The course was interesting from the first video up to the last assignment. I personally deplore the fact that your grades basically depend on the competence of the peers that are evaluating you, but that's a story for another time.

By Samiur R

May 18, 2018

One of the most interesting as well as important course in this program. This course gives a clear idea about IT Security and Defense from today's perspective. I would recommend to do this course and go through all the materials. I enjoyed all of it.

By Destiny Y

Nov 17, 2019

As some with interest in Cybersecurity and Network Forensics, this course has really expanded my knowledge in some of IT security as it regards an enterprise IT environment. The instructors sounded grounded in each domain of the course they handled.

By Lance A

Apr 03, 2019

Very dense material. Covered a ton in this course, really liked how the consultation at the end tied everything together, the clear requirements made me review specifics so that I could make the proper recommendations! Overall, an empowering course.

By Isha P H

Aug 13, 2020

It was an awesome course. Very informative,awakening and also inspiring. I got to learn lots of new things. I will surely implement all the security precautions in my systems. Thank you so much for making this course so informative and interesting.

By Ebanez, D

Feb 19, 2020

This course was a fantastic tool that I am grateful for. Thank you for the opportunity to learn and understand the hard work my colleagues put in towards their career! Additionally, I've picked up some skills that otherwise would not have.

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

This course provides the foundation of IT Security, a history of the security environment, and hands on experience implementing security solutions. I can now protect my own network and go into consulting for other businesses. Thanks Google!