By Aizzy D A•
A good day to all the staff, all the instructors of this course, and to the coursera team. I am totally grateful for giving me the opportunity in getting a certificate by accepting my financial aid request. I sincerely want to apologize for having overdues, I was busy with school requirements and didn't have enough time to finish my course week requirements on time. Nevertheless, I finished all of them to make up for my shortcomings. Thank you again, and may God Bless your everyday lives.
By Ben R•
Good materials, packed with information, so there’s a lot to read and learn. The regular comprehension tests were valuable. Make sure you have printer access for the coursework materials, and take time to learn the characters by writing them down and testing your memory. Overall, a very good beginners course for the motivated learner.
By ALOK K•
I like u thanks to give a Good skill for me , thank you very much
By Simon B•
Scond part of a very helpful class if you want to revise your Japanese or if you want to learn new concepts that weren't available in your previous courses. Allowed me to learn new words and new grammar rules. However, there are a few things that I find worthy to improve.
1) The employ of verbs in neutral or formal ways is a bit confusing at times. Would be nice to have a list showing all the verbs taught and, for each verb, all their forms that they can be employed (formal, neutral, etc.).
2) In a couple of tests and PDFs, I noticed some typos that could have been corrected.
3) In some of the quizzes and exercises, the Japanese text and the English one are not properly contrasted with calligraphy elements like bold characters or italics. Which makes the reading of the quizzes complicated. Might be helpful to either put bold characters or to separate the two text in tables.
4) For the vocabulary sheets, would be nice to distinguish and separate words into according topics instead of jumbling them through a long list that can be confusing to read at times.
5) As a language learning class, the absence of available reading material is evident. Any chance of putting links to websites or blogs or books that students could read to practise their Japanese reading skills. Any chance also of making videos on YouTube to help students witness a dialogue between participants.
These are some of the details that I noticed within the course that could be improved. Hope these points will help you.
By Varun R•
Course material has been plentiful and adequate amounts of test and practice was available. Some more clarity could be expected in the video lectures so as to maintain the flow. The dialogues section was also very helpful. If more practise material was available to practice grammar exclusively it would be even more productive.
By Elisabeth R•
Could be better organised
By Elizabeth N C•
more clarification on the sentence structure
By Ishaan J•
OK and good...
By Ming H•
I don't think it is for someone who knows nothing about Japanese and wants to learn this language from scratch. Maybe I am not used to this kind of teaching method, but I feel like I did not learn too much from this course.
By Shirley D•