Back to Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software by Duke University

Learn to code in Java and improve your programming and problem-solving skills. You will learn to design algorithms as well as develop and debug programs. Using custom open-source classes, you will write programs that access and transform images, websites, and other types of data. At the end of the course you will build a program that determines the popularity of different baby names in the US over time by analyzing comma separated value (CSV) files. After completing this course you will be able to: 1. Edit, compile, and run a Java program; 2. Use conditionals and loops in a Java program; 3. Use Java API documentation in writing programs. 4. Debug a Java program using the scientific method; 5. Write a Java method to solve a specific problem; 6. Develop a set of test cases as part of developing a program; 7. Create a class with multiple methods that work together to solve a problem; and 8. Use divide-and-conquer design techniques for a program that uses multiple methods....

FA
Oct 7, 2017

Excellent explanations and amount of course work for practice, the tests made good use of the examples and work given, I am satisfied with what I learned in this course and see it's real world usage.

AS
Dec 10, 2020

351 - 375 of 1,322 Reviews for Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software

By Bruce W

Mar 30, 2019

Amazing courses. It is unbelievable I could program so much! Thank Duke University so much.

By William W

Apr 8, 2018

Building your confidence, understanding, and basic skills in Java. A great beginner class!

By Jit D

Jan 4, 2019

Good material , great instructors, liked the pace. Wish there were more in lecture quizzes

By Andres A

Oct 9, 2020

Great introduction to Java and problem solving. Very clear in the step by step processes.

By Numan K

Sep 12, 2020

This course was very good for improving my java skills. Thanks to teachers and "coursera"

By Igor A Z

Jun 14, 2020

This course was so fun and challenging I leaned A LOT and hope everybody finds it useful!

By Sandeep P

Jun 7, 2020

Step By Step Learning making it possible to grasp knowledge easily and understand better.

By Joao T

Jun 7, 2018

Help me a lot to remind some hold concepts and learn new thing like CSV Files management.

By k4b00m

Feb 9, 2019

AMAZING COURSE RELLY GOT ME UP AND CODING. LOVE THE CHALLENGING PROBLEMS PRESENTED TO ME

By Sheldon T

Sep 26, 2018

Focuses on algorithm development using the 7-step process while teaching beginning Java.

By Sean H

Dec 7, 2015

Great projects! I feel like I learned a lot from completing each programming assignment.

By Baharul A

Dec 30, 2017

Awesome course for beginner . Love it really . Think your self and enjoy programming :)

By Akshay P

Feb 4, 2021

One of the best courses I have done so far. Challenging and exciting. Just love it :).

By HAY a

Jul 16, 2020

Very practical programming lesson and exercise! Love the way the topics are presented!

By Mustapha F

Sep 20, 2019

I have been going through this course and I am learning a lot about programming (Java)

By Savin K

Jul 15, 2019

I am very pleased that you have gave us such exercises. Loved and enjoyed the course.

By Balaji R

Feb 25, 2019

Interesting and challenging course. Motivated me to re-start coding after a long time!

By Ei Z P

Sep 25, 2020

It is a good course for me and by solving real software .Thank, u, all my instructor.

By Shivank K

Mar 23, 2020

Very effective course, the content is well organised and helps you learn from scratch

By Chenyu Z

Oct 27, 2020

Provide many small cases to practice and have fun! & Elaborate prompts to guide you~

By KHIVESARA B J

Jun 15, 2020

The teachers were all really good and made sure i understood all the topics in depth

By Joshi N R P

Apr 9, 2020

it's a basic easy course but there are some challenging questions that help us grow.

By zhenkai w

Jul 8, 2018

real impressive course design. simple but remarkable! worth trying! useful homework!

By Adam B

Dec 18, 2020

Extremely satisfied with the course, clear explaination and very realistic projects

By Difan G

Dec 30, 2019

Great course, fundamental enough for starter with basic coding knowledge to thrive.