Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

NZ

Jun 11, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

AJ

Dec 04, 2016

Great presentations on what language instruction approaches have looked like in the past and present. Each approach is discussed and evaluated so the "best of's" can be applied in your own teaching.

201 - 225 of 1,223 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Kimberly S F

Jun 05, 2016

Really enjoyed this course. I am an EFL teacher trainer and really got some great ideas to use when I give my next English Teaching Diploma Course. EXCELLENT AND TWO THUMBS UP!!!!

By Erin F

Jun 21, 2016

This course was interesting and I learned a lot about teaching English as a Second Language. The teachers really make the material fun and relatable. I would recommend this course.

By Mostafa R A M

very well organized course, the visual aids are awesome and it used a very simple ways to deliver the information, I really Enjoyed the Course and I have found it very beneficial.

By joungjeeyoun

Apr 27, 2020

Thank you all professors.you all give me clean imformation.some times I would become a serious learner and some times I could become a eager teacher .I also expect next lessons.

By Rachel C

Dec 04, 2019

It's very very informative and you learn a lot about the philosophy of teaching and techniques for different situations. Highly recommended for any teacher looking for new ideas.

By Deborah O

Mar 18, 2019

While taking this course I found there are more methods one can use in a classroom setting. It helped understand more broadly how the different approaches may be used in lessons.

By Barskaya M

Feb 13, 2019

Great course! It helped me to understand language learning more deeply. Now I know a different approaches and how to use them in my classroom. Thanks for this useful information.

By EZZ E K

Sep 03, 2017

Amazing course , and actually I learned from the teachers styles and the way they conveied the course it was a real useful to me, thanks a million for this valuable opportunity .

By BIPLAB D

Mar 08, 2016

Very interesting, informative & important course for the teachers.

The course became very exciting, interesting & informatic mainly due to Dr. Shane Dixion!

Thank you very much!

By Octavia C

Aug 03, 2020

I enjoyed this course, especially the content much more easier to digest and enjoyable! Great work Mr Shane, Mrs Jessica and Mr Justin! I'm looking forward to the next session.

By Andrew K B

Jul 12, 2020

Another great course in the series. The characters the instructors created to present the different theories of second language acquisition helped me to differentiate each one.

By kittenjingjing

Oct 05, 2016

It's really fantastic! Learning in this course is like travelling by a time machine, and the professor leads you to know every teaching approach in detail. I like this course!

By Benedikta L

Dec 09, 2019

I learned a lot of new knowledge in this course. I got so many great experience during doing this course. I hope I can make this my material to teach in the future. Thank you

By Verbilovich I I

Jul 05, 2019

I love your videos and the teachers! Thank you very much. It was really interesting and easy to understand. I've improve not only my teaching skills, but my English as well.

By Jovani D

Jul 29, 2019

Really detailed and practical course when teaching a languange, really flexible ways to complete courses. Thanks to both developers of the course and caoursera, great combo.

By JAYAKUMAR K

Jan 25, 2019

The course gave a very compact yet comprehensive input on the different approaches to language teaching, and perspectives of their origin against the historical background.

By Ashley K

Oct 27, 2016

This entire course series has been so helpful. Not only is just really fun to watch because of the well produced videos but it has relevant exercise and consistent quizzes.

By Anastasiia

Jul 05, 2020

This course is great! The caricatures make all the approaches really memorable and distinct. The assignments are perfect and serve to consolidate the information learned.

By Овсяный И Ю

I am so excited by what I've learnt during this course. I've already told to all my colleagues about this course. This is a must for everyone definitely!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

By Chia-Ping L

Oct 09, 2019

this course helps people clarify and identify the scientific procedure within language learning, especially for those not having such second-language-learning experience.

By Arslan B

Apr 14, 2019

It's an amazing course in TESOL Specialization. It teaches several methods and techniques that a teacher should adopt for teaching English to speakers of other languages.

By ANTHONY V B

Oct 03, 2019

This course specialisation helps me to revisit the theories concerning teaching and learning a language, which are useful to face the demand brought by the 21st century.

By Altaf M

Apr 16, 2020

Very detailed mater related course with peer assignments and quizzes.It really fanatic to join it.I have learned a great deal of skills while studying these approaches.

By Verônica B B

Oct 31, 2016

This is a great course to learn more about teaching English, all the different approaches and techniques. It's really worth and fun! Dr. Shane is an amazing professor!

By Yani

Jul 20, 2016

I can really see how the professors try really hard to make this more engaging as they do not dwell on boring discussions. I also appreciate how enthusiastic they are.