Back to Launching into Machine Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Launching into Machine Learning by Google Cloud

Starting from a history of machine learning, we discuss why neural networks today perform so well in a variety of data science problems. We then discuss how to set up a supervised learning problem and find a good solution using gradient descent. This involves creating datasets that permit generalization; we talk about methods of doing so in a repeatable way that supports experimentation. Course Objectives: Identify why deep learning is currently popular Optimize and evaluate models using loss functions and performance metrics Mitigate common problems that arise in machine learning Create repeatable and scalable training, evaluation, and test datasets...

OD

Amazing course. For a beginner like me, it was a shot in the arm. Excellent presentation very lively and engaging. Hope to see the instructor soon in a another course. Thanks so much. I learned a lot.

PT

Dec 02, 2018

This is an awesome module. It will open up so much inside story of ML process which is core of the topic with such a simplicity. It greatly increases my interest into this topic and this course :)

276 - 300 of 438 Reviews for Launching into Machine Learning

By Hyojin K

Apr 27, 2019

GOOD

By kim m s

Apr 25, 2019

good

By 김정민

사랑해요

By JeeinOh

Apr 25, 2019

good

By 고상균

Apr 24, 2019

good

By unranker

Apr 23, 2019

good

By KimHJ

Apr 19, 2019

good

By dhokim

Apr 18, 2019

nice

By 이동규

Apr 14, 2019

good

By Atichat P

Jun 01, 2018

Good

By Bruno E S B

Nov 17, 2019

By Matthias D

T

By Ravi P

Sep 22, 2018

Very good course, but I did have some problems with how the instructors recommend reproducible splitting the Train, Validation and test datasets. By splitting on a date-hash you are not choosing a random sample. For example, in both the airplane and taxi example, If more winter dates were samples, we would expect more delays and longer taxi rides (and thus more expensive). Wouldn't it be better to split randomly, but reproducibly? In both R and Python SKlearn library you can 'set the seed' when splitting the data which seems like a much less biased and just as reproducible way to split the dataset. The other constructive criticism is to not give all the answers right away to encourage us students to actually write the SQL code (or at least part of it) ourselves.

By Armen D F

Jan 29, 2019

This course provides a great synopsis of different machine learning models and their nuances. If you haven't seen machine learning before, you will probably need to go slowly and look up some of the concepts on your own. There are a lot of ML terms thrown around without any explanation, so be ready for that if you're new to this. The best part of the course was the Google TensorFlow Playground, where you can experiment with tuning neural networks to classify different types of datasets. The speakers in this course are all very good and the material is well organized. The reason for giving 4 stars is that the quizzes and lab exercises were much too easy, so anybody can get 100% for this course, which makes the grade (and passing score) meaningless.

By Tim H

Apr 02, 2018

An interesting and short but intensive course. It introduces a lot of new (to me) tech such as Tensor Flow and Big Query. I learned a lot in a short time, but felt that if I hadn't already had a bit of a grounding in ML I might have been lost. During the course there were a few references to it being part of a specialisation, but I couldn't find what this was and it was not made clear before I signed up that this was the case. Perhaps that is why in the beginning it felt a bit like coming into something half way through, Overall then, interesting and useful, but would benefit from a bit of a clearer setup and explanation of how it fits into the overall Google cloud catalogue.

By SanjaySuman S G

May 02, 2020

This course gave me a practical understanding on how machine learning works , how an ML model can be optimized with minimum error and enhance the performance of the model in a better way . I like to thank Google Cloud Team who has taught this course in very interesting way and I'm looking forward to learn the next course of this specialization.

By Matthew B

Jun 17, 2019

wish they teach you more of the programming side of things and knowing exactly what and why to upload different libraries and or show us how to build these in the labs. Not the first ML course, I've taken but some new people may be a bit confused on the python / setting up / sql even if they have a general knowledge to python and sql.

By Evren G

Oct 11, 2018

Excellent course content. Would be 5 stars if the labs forced you to think about how you could apply your theoretical learnings. Unfortunately, labs already have all the code populated, so you just end up running things with the illusion that you have understood everything. Give us labs that require us to solve a problem!