Back to Launching into Machine Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Launching into Machine Learning by Google Cloud

Starting from a history of machine learning, we discuss why neural networks today perform so well in a variety of data science problems. We then discuss how to set up a supervised learning problem and find a good solution using gradient descent. This involves creating datasets that permit generalization; we talk about methods of doing so in a repeatable way that supports experimentation. Course Objectives: Identify why deep learning is currently popular Optimize and evaluate models using loss functions and performance metrics Mitigate common problems that arise in machine learning Create repeatable and scalable training, evaluation, and test datasets...

OD

Amazing course. For a beginner like me, it was a shot in the arm. Excellent presentation very lively and engaging. Hope to see the instructor soon in a another course. Thanks so much. I learned a lot.

PT

Dec 02, 2018

This is an awesome module. It will open up so much inside story of ML process which is core of the topic with such a simplicity. It greatly increases my interest into this topic and this course :)

401 - 425 of 443 Reviews for Launching into Machine Learning

By Anupam S

Nov 30, 2019

I could only sustain it because I have completed basic ML courses earlier. Too many tech concepts & jargons overloaded in a very short time.

By David N

Jun 14, 2019

Learning the approach was very valuable. The exercises were just copy and paste of a bunch of code that it isn't expect we understand.

By Nour L

Aug 29, 2018

It felt too hard. I liked because it gives a very good idea but the concept was too hard especially with the math involved

By Cooper C

Jan 15, 2020

This course is just ok. It is not interactive and I don't feel that I learned much when compared with other ML courses.

By Nils W

Sep 28, 2019

The course is good, but I missed the hands on part. You really do not need to code. That should be changed.

By Pravin A J D

Jan 05, 2019

not enough practical content such as types of machine learning and different algorithms to be used etc

By Srinivasan D

Jul 27, 2020

In the labs, I kept getting disconnected from the Jupyter notebooks, and had to keep reloading them.

By Jon B

Jun 11, 2018

Course includes good presentation material which unfortunately is not available to download.

By Aseem B

Aug 23, 2018

If you already know ML there isn't much in this course that will be value addition for you.

By Fabrizio F

Jul 29, 2018

The course is very well explained, but I was already aware of most subjects.

By Kevin C

Jul 15, 2018

There is a little more content here than in the 1st course.

By Prateek D

Aug 11, 2018

Please add more content, don't make it just intro types

By Manuele I

Apr 29, 2020

Talked too much...more practical example step by step

By Shawn W

Sep 19, 2019

A bit difficult when introducing the ML history

By vishnu p T

By KimNamho

Apr 12, 2019

By Edward H

Mar 03, 2020

The course content is fine. My big beef is with the last lab. Does not, will not run on loading the data. I experienced so much trouble that I looked into some guidance with the answer video. A character by character exact copy of the solution will not run to load the data. Total waste of time.

Yes, I realize that I was "cheating" by using the solution as my input to the lab. But after having tried (and failing miserably) to get the answer on my own, and not even being able to get past the very first hurdle, I had to try to get something working. I soon found that it wasn't just my lack of experience, since the provided solution did not work either.

By Brennon B

May 28, 2018

Google has clearly put a great deal of effort into constructing and polishing this course. However, the certificate is really nothing more than a participation trophy. I understand that putting the course materials (videos, demos, etc.) are time-consuming. An exceptional course, though, needs to actually test that the learner has, indeed, learned. When all of the labs/assignments require nothing more than clicking through them, they fall far short in this respect.

By Soroosh R

Feb 15, 2019

The instructors were talking most of the time in a monotonous way without showing proper slides or elaborating the materials. Overall it was a very poor introduction of the ML. The two labs were good, however it was surprising to me that they did not commented out the notebook codes!

By Ragy I

Mar 20, 2019

Maths and ML stuff are explained very poorly... very rushed and people speaking are clearly reading from a script which makes it difficult to understand and follow on =

By Ronnie R

May 22, 2018

instructor more plain and hard to hear so many math concepts just with words not visual enough, seems like instrctor is not breaking it down like the first course.

By Srikar K

May 01, 2018

The LABs in this course did not work for me. I was not able to open DataLab in my Lab sessions. This is quite frustrating to me.

By Sean S

Jan 28, 2019

The labs really just lay everything out for you, and don't challenge you to learn anything for yourself.