Back to Launching into Machine Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Launching into Machine Learning by Google Cloud

Starting from a history of machine learning, we discuss why neural networks today perform so well in a variety of data science problems. We then discuss how to set up a supervised learning problem and find a good solution using gradient descent. This involves creating datasets that permit generalization; we talk about methods of doing so in a repeatable way that supports experimentation. Course Objectives: Identify why deep learning is currently popular Optimize and evaluate models using loss functions and performance metrics Mitigate common problems that arise in machine learning Create repeatable and scalable training, evaluation, and test datasets...

OD

Amazing course. For a beginner like me, it was a shot in the arm. Excellent presentation very lively and engaging. Hope to see the instructor soon in a another course. Thanks so much. I learned a lot.

PT
Dec 1, 2018

This is an awesome module. It will open up so much inside story of ML process which is core of the topic with such a simplicity. It greatly increases my interest into this topic and this course :)

51 - 75 of 464 Reviews for Launching into Machine Learning

By Naqash B

Oct 27, 2019

Very informative course. Enjoyed it end to end. Loved the way Evan explained everything. He is a super instructor. kudos!

By Christian C

Aug 29, 2019

I love this course a lot. I learned so many things on how Google operates its google product services through ML and AI.

By Stefan K

Apr 13, 2020

Excellent content - actually explained now NNs function with internal features sets. great labs to experiment

By Min L

May 30, 2018

The course give a good introduction of machine learning and hands on exercise. It is practical and efficient.

By pravin b

Sep 8, 2018

A good introduction to the process. Well structured. In particular I liked the section on loss functions.

By RAVI R K

Jan 9, 2020

Nice course for getting started with Data Classification and High level knowledge on different models.

By Sachin

Jul 11, 2019

Really helped me to understand the nuts and bolts of ML and Data preparation along with preprocessing.

By Chong M T

Mar 24, 2019

Mainly covering the principles of data selection and bucketing for training, validation and test sets.

By KAMASANI V R

Jun 20, 2020

This course helped me in gaining knowledge on google cloud platform and machine learning. Thank You.

By Balaji R

Nov 26, 2019

Excellent course, really liked the way effort was taken to have the code snippets and the VM set.

By Suresh K

May 8, 2018

Excellent articulation of the material. Well thought of labs. Thank you for a great introduction

By Chatree A

Apr 29, 2019

I like the study case on this module, seems the concept would be adapted in to the actual case.

By Oleg O

Jun 10, 2018

Very good intro into understanding of how models work and how to get data ready for processing

By MAI N A V

Apr 16, 2020

Ryan Gillard has a wonderful voice. He also teaches in such an vivid way that I like so much.

By C K

Jul 29, 2018

A very nice overview of ML history and introduction to ML on Google Cloud Platform! Thanks!

By Jang W S

Apr 27, 2019

I had a really good experience. Thank you for your in-depth teaching on machine learning.

By Rohit K S

Dec 31, 2018

Another great learning experience and has given me the confidence to keep moving forward.

By Charles U

Sep 10, 2020

Great course! Learned about the importance of splitting data to better train ML models.

By William A R B

Jun 9, 2019

Muy bueno para aprender lo básico del Machine Learning para antes de llegar a programar

By M Z K

Apr 6, 2020

Thanks for the course, now I know how to split data, when to stop training model etc

By Akshay M

Dec 1, 2019

I loved the course and the methods of teaching, thanks to coursera and google cloud.

By 江祖榮

Sep 7, 2019

Great demo on Google Cloud platform's python notebook with fruitful basic ML concept

By Jun W

May 25, 2018

An excellent course, thank you Googlers. My favorite part is the intuition about ML.

By Chris R

Dec 23, 2020

The links to Big Query datasets need to be updated since they changed on Oct 1 2020