Back to Building Your Leadership Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Building Your Leadership Skills by HEC Paris

When taking this course, you will raise your own self-awareness and gain self-confidence for a better leadership. You will discover a new approach to leadership based on trust and sense. The “Savoir-Relier” leadership, a new approach of leadership, taught to HEC MBA’s student and top executives, enables better team leadership and encourages relationships between people in spite of their differences of opinion. You will develop relational skills, self-knowledge and self-awareness on the way to unfold your own leadership style. You’ll learn the skills of The Savoir-Relier (SR) methodology for better connecting with yourself or others by going through the following 4 steps for successful leadership: Introspection, Conversation, Resilience and Responsibility toward Value Creation. In this first MOOC of the "Inspirational Leadership" specialization, you will practice the first two steps of the method for successful leadership: Introspection and Conversation. You will get to know yourself better during the Introspection part and get a chance to improve your communication skills in order to better interact with others. You will meet people like you who will share their stories and their experience with Savoir-Relier and why it is so inspiring for them in their life. Together, you’ll develop greater self-awareness by developing a leadership self-portrait and going through fun activities to increase your empathy and communication. Leaders from different organizations and participants of the HEC Paris Leadership Certificate, the program from which this course and specialization are inspired, will share with you their insights about what it takes to become a great leader and what they are able to achieve now that they apply The Savoir-Relier methodology. This course is part of the specialization “Inspirational Leadership: Leading with Sense”. In the next courses, you'll go through the second two steps of leadership: Resilience and Responsibility toward Value Creation....

DK
Aug 29, 2018

Exceptional and outstanding program. thanks a ton SR team... I am thoroughly enjoying it while learning. Highly recommended for people who wants to explore his/her hidden treasure of Leadership

MS
Apr 27, 2020

I was pleased with the result as it was a challenging experience that I was able to successfully complete .\n\nThe course is suitable for all kind of professionals which enhancing soft skills.

401 - 425 of 542 Reviews for Building Your Leadership Skills

Oct 22, 2020

رائع

By Dr.S.Renuga D

Sep 23, 2020

good

By Mona A A

Jun 17, 2020

good

By Subhojit K B

Jun 9, 2020

Good

By SATISH K

Mar 13, 2019

Mar 5, 2016

nice

By Giang D

Oct 6, 2015

Good

By Aya S E

Nov 11, 2020

Feb 8, 2016

E

By Firuza

Oct 22, 2016

I like this course. It is simple and easy to understand. I would say it is an "easy-going" type of course. The Conversation ,one of the most important exercises , was hard to do because my partner did not have a good knowledge of english. I did not enjoy it much. I think in this type of course where you need to collaborate with others it necessary to test their level of english beforehand so that none has trouble with that. I just wish it was more informative and with more examples. Lack of good examples or situations is the reason why I give this course only 4 stars. But the professor was great and inspirational.Thanks for this course.

By Rachiel C

Mar 26, 2017

You can tell there was a lot of work put into this course. I think there were cultural differences for me (this course was french) in the way of teaching that I didn't enjoy. It's great course, but too vague and confusing for me. I tend to like simple logical steps and to learn the core of a concept, the vague stuff for me comes into play when you're dealing with humans in the real word, but I want clarity in my learning before I deal with humans. This one never got to the point so I didn't continue on to the next one. Could be great course for others, just not me.

By Abdallah S

Apr 12, 2020

The course provides a strong introductory level for the leadership skills. It focuses on having demonstrations from real life. Besides, I like so much the exercises. I like a lot the concept of ladder of inference and how are realities are affected by our thoughts and feelings.

I have one thing to be improved is the materials in this course can be provided in less than the period allocated for this training.

By Vipul B

Apr 18, 2020

This was my first online certification course. I have joined this course because I want to develop my overall personality and this course is really worthful to aware me and my connection to others. I highly recommend this course to other students if you are wondering to find a true leader in you.

Thanks, Coursera and the Course "Building Your Leadership Skills" team for providing such an interesting course.

By Sherry L D

Aug 8, 2016

Great course, I would definitely recommend. Information flowed smoothly and it was a great way for me to learn and understand my leadership style. The only reason I gave it a 4 star and not 5 is because during the peer assessment I kept being matched to persons who were in a different time zone from me which made it difficult for us to communicate. Other than that 1 glitch, thoroughly enjoyed the course.

By John P

Oct 25, 2017

This course is comprehensive as it covers many aspects in building up the leadership from a person-to-self interaction to a person-to-world one (in later courses). It is systematic while also invites leaders to talk about their experience. This course may improve by providing some suggestions on practicing the leadership in real world.

By Sebastian K

Feb 29, 2016

I liked the course, particularly the interactive part with peers. On the negative side, I find that the price of ~80 USD for the enrollment getting a certificate is a little bit too high for the 3 weeks online course. I think 30 or 40 for each course in the specialization would be a more reasonable price point.