Back to Leading the Life You Want

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leading the Life You Want by University of Pennsylvania

Pursue a meaningful life and improve your performance as a leader. Taught by acclaimed Wharton professor, best-selling author, and former Ford Motor Company executive and head of its Leadership Development Center, Stew Friedman, Leading the Life You Want provides you with the skills you need to lead in all four domains of your life: at work, at home, in the community, and in your private self (mind, body, and spirit). You'll explore the core principles of leadership and learn the skills you need to bring them to life. You learn how to find a greater sense of purpose, see how to convey values with stories, learn how to manage attention, feel less stressed, lead through serving others, and more. You'll see these skills illustrated in the inspiring yet imperfect lives of six remarkable leaders: Tom Tierney (former CEO of Bain), Sheryl Sandberg (COO of Facebook), Michelle Obama (former First Lady), Eric Greitens (Republican Governor of Missouri), Julie Foudy (world champion soccer star and three-time Olympic medalist), and Bruce Springsteen (world-famous rock musician). You'll have the opportunity to assess your own leadership skills, and learn simple, proven exercises to practice them. By the end of this course, you'll have the tools you need to develop your skills so you can grow as a leader in all areas of your life and create greater harmony among them....

KG

Jul 25, 2017

My second favorite course in the Achieving Professional and Personal Success. Everyone can benefit from this course. I really liked having to identify my strengths in leadership!

TG

Sep 25, 2018

in this wonderful course, by knowing exemplary life of some distinguished people, I found my inspiration to do many things in better way. thank you so much Professor!

1 - 25 of 54 Reviews for Leading the Life You Want

By Jonathan S

Oct 02, 2017

Great course that will give you food for thought as you approach any career change, transition or just want to think about how to further excel in life.

By Vicki N

Aug 04, 2017

This was an amazing class. Not only was the content engaging but the professor used appropriate supplement materials to make it easy to follow along. The background in the videos was aesthetically pleasing and the professor had a friendly demeanor. The content expanded on both well known and less known individuals which caused me to keep investigating and learning about the examples even after I completed the class. I feel this class was very helpful and I will use the information in the future. I highly recommend this class.

By Merary S

May 15, 2017

This course was easy to follow, it is thought provoking and if you are ready to approach your life with flexibility and patience, this is insightful and inspiring material. I follow the writing of Prof. Friedman watching the course video was very engaging as well. In fact, I hate to admit, I am not very engaged by online learning and this is the first course on this platform that I was able to complete. Lastly it has inspired to me to challenge myself in new ways and to read some of the biographies/autobiographies shared. In a time period where we "follow" people it is nice to dig a little deeper into their histories and what decisions and theories shape who they are.

By Robert G S P

Jan 10, 2019

Recommend this coure. Very hands on for personal development.

By selcuk g

Feb 20, 2019

I read the book and took the course. I can easly say that everyone should have this course for better and balanced life.

By Ladislav M

Mar 08, 2019

You wanna have a great time!

By Zafar I

Feb 08, 2019

Thank you very much.

By Pavitheran A R

Jul 28, 2018

Great course and really got a very deep insight. Many skills I have learned here. Hope this helps effectively in coming days.

By Patricia M

Feb 25, 2018

Excellent course! I would highly recommend this to everyone. It really makes you reflect on who you are as a person and your impact..

By Julia B

Mar 02, 2018

Really enjoyed this course. Nice mix of allegory and practical aspects.

By Kevin G

Jul 25, 2017

By ASHISH P

May 31, 2018

B

By Richard G

Jul 03, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. It's a shame that Eric Greitens had to recently resign as Governor of Missouri. One item that would have improved this course would have been a brief interview or just an introduction, approx. 5 minute, with each of the exemplars.

By Danny N

Nov 16, 2017

Well done !

By Alex P

Jun 04, 2018

Helpful and insightful course. Recommended. Thank you for producing such an excellent course.

By JUSTIN C N

Jul 20, 2017

its an amazing course which I will recommend to anyone anytime

By Mohammed E

Jul 06, 2018

Amazing course for everyone who need to improve his leadership skills and develop his own style while leading others. Also It's great for anyone want to know more about himself and try to improve using leading examples from different walks of life. Great course and really recommend it.

By Maria J M

Mar 12, 2017

I enjoyed each of the lessons and learnt from the experiences & stories of each of the people selected. I've practiced some of the exercises to develop my leadership skills and will use these exercises with my Leadership Coaching clients. Thanks to professor S. Friedman for the course. I look forward to continuing taking courses @ Wharton Online & other Coursera programs. Gracias. Maria Jose Monti

By Xiaowei Y

Jan 16, 2018

I highly recommend this course for anyone who seeks deeper meaning of life.

By chaitram

The course is:

1. Orderly

2.Clear as to what we must expect from the teachers and from ourselves

3. Authentic stories, lectures and lessons

4. Empowers one to really build one's life the way one want like building a sand castle in beach

By Daniela P

Sep 04, 2017

Excellent leadership model - best i've seen so far. Very clear explanations about what it takes to really succeed in life, and great exercises for inner exploration and increased self awareness. I highly recommend this to anyone who has any questions about the direction of their life.

By L. M

Dec 19, 2017

I audited this course. It was fantastic although at times, the presenter spoke at too slow a pace. I purchased several of the books written by persons included in his case studies. In general, a VERY valuable experience. Thank You!!!!

By Nhat Q L