Back to Leading the Life You Want

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leading the Life You Want by University of Pennsylvania

Pursue a meaningful life and improve your performance as a leader. Taught by acclaimed Wharton professor, best-selling author, and former Ford Motor Company executive and head of its Leadership Development Center, Stew Friedman, Leading the Life You Want provides you with the skills you need to lead in all four domains of your life: at work, at home, in the community, and in your private self (mind, body, and spirit). You'll explore the core principles of leadership and learn the skills you need to bring them to life. You learn how to find a greater sense of purpose, see how to convey values with stories, learn how to manage attention, feel less stressed, lead through serving others, and more. You'll see these skills illustrated in the inspiring yet imperfect lives of six remarkable leaders: Tom Tierney (former CEO of Bain), Sheryl Sandberg (COO of Facebook), Michelle Obama (former First Lady), Eric Greitens (Republican Governor of Missouri), Julie Foudy (world champion soccer star and three-time Olympic medalist), and Bruce Springsteen (world-famous rock musician). You'll have the opportunity to assess your own leadership skills, and learn simple, proven exercises to practice them. By the end of this course, you'll have the tools you need to develop your skills so you can grow as a leader in all areas of your life and create greater harmony among them....

KG

Jul 25, 2017

My second favorite course in the Achieving Professional and Personal Success. Everyone can benefit from this course. I really liked having to identify my strengths in leadership!

TG

Sep 25, 2018

in this wonderful course, by knowing exemplary life of some distinguished people, I found my inspiration to do many things in better way. thank you so much Professor!

1 - 25 of 54 Reviews for Leading the Life You Want

By Merary S

May 15, 2017

This course was easy to follow, it is thought provoking and if you are ready to approach your life with flexibility and patience, this is insightful and inspiring material. I follow the writing of Prof. Friedman watching the course video was very engaging as well. In fact, I hate to admit, I am not very engaged by online learning and this is the first course on this platform that I was able to complete. Lastly it has inspired to me to challenge myself in new ways and to read some of the biographies/autobiographies shared. In a time period where we "follow" people it is nice to dig a little deeper into their histories and what decisions and theories shape who they are.

By Vicki N

Aug 04, 2017

This was an amazing class. Not only was the content engaging but the professor used appropriate supplement materials to make it easy to follow along. The background in the videos was aesthetically pleasing and the professor had a friendly demeanor. The content expanded on both well known and less known individuals which caused me to keep investigating and learning about the examples even after I completed the class. I feel this class was very helpful and I will use the information in the future. I highly recommend this class.

By Jonathan S

Oct 02, 2017

Great course that will give you food for thought as you approach any career change, transition or just want to think about how to further excel in life.

By Robert G S P

Jan 10, 2019

Recommend this coure. Very hands on for personal development.

By Zafar I

Feb 08, 2019

Thank you very much.

By selcuk g

Feb 20, 2019

I read the book and took the course. I can easly say that everyone should have this course for better and balanced life.

By Ladislav M

Mar 08, 2019

You wanna have a great time!

By Pavitheran A R

Jul 28, 2018

Great course and really got a very deep insight. Many skills I have learned here. Hope this helps effectively in coming days.

By Karan B

Aug 12, 2018

Every word from Prof. Friedman is as inspirational as it can get. I strongly suggest that students actually take time to absorb what is being instructed and reflect upon their own lives. Please do not just go through this course for the sake of a certificate.

By Bryan G

Aug 14, 2018

Awesome! Thanks for making so affordable and accessible.

By TAHERE G

Sep 25, 2018

By ASHISH P

May 31, 2018

B

By Patricia M

Feb 25, 2018

Excellent course! I would highly recommend this to everyone. It really makes you reflect on who you are as a person and your impact..

By Ke W

Sep 03, 2017

inspiring + practical

By Julia B

Mar 02, 2018

Really enjoyed this course. Nice mix of allegory and practical aspects.

By Daniela P

Sep 04, 2017

Excellent leadership model - best i've seen so far. Very clear explanations about what it takes to really succeed in life, and great exercises for inner exploration and increased self awareness. I highly recommend this to anyone who has any questions about the direction of their life.

By Xiaowei Y

Jan 16, 2018

I highly recommend this course for anyone who seeks deeper meaning of life.

By Rajat s

Jun 08, 2017

The course is:

1. Orderly

2.Clear as to what we must expect from the teachers and from ourselves

3. Authentic stories, lectures and lessons

4. Empowers one to really build one's life the way one want like building a sand castle in beach

By Richard G

Jul 03, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. It's a shame that Eric Greitens had to recently resign as Governor of Missouri. One item that would have improved this course would have been a brief interview or just an introduction, approx. 5 minute, with each of the exemplars.

By Danny N

Nov 16, 2017

Well done !

By JUSTIN C N

Jul 20, 2017

its an amazing course which I will recommend to anyone anytime

By Kevin G

Jul 25, 2017

By margot.nieuwstad@loreal.com

Mar 28, 2018

Very interesting and useful course.

By Alex P

Jun 04, 2018

Helpful and insightful course. Recommended. Thank you for producing such an excellent course.

By Huanhuan J

Nov 05, 2017

This is a great course, it helps people who loves both work & family to achieve harmony between different parts of lifes (home &work&community&self), for new mother like me, it's a relief that there are things I can do to learn not to give up on any of the things that I do like.