Back to Leading the Life You Want

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leading the Life You Want by University of Pennsylvania

Pursue a meaningful life and improve your performance as a leader. Taught by acclaimed Wharton professor, best-selling author, and former Ford Motor Company executive and head of its Leadership Development Center, Stew Friedman, Leading the Life You Want provides you with the skills you need to lead in all four domains of your life: at work, at home, in the community, and in your private self (mind, body, and spirit). You'll explore the core principles of leadership and learn the skills you need to bring them to life. You learn how to find a greater sense of purpose, see how to convey values with stories, learn how to manage attention, feel less stressed, lead through serving others, and more. You'll see these skills illustrated in the inspiring yet imperfect lives of six remarkable leaders: Tom Tierney (former CEO of Bain), Sheryl Sandberg (COO of Facebook), Michelle Obama (former First Lady), Eric Greitens (Republican Governor of Missouri), Julie Foudy (world champion soccer star and three-time Olympic medalist), and Bruce Springsteen (world-famous rock musician). You'll have the opportunity to assess your own leadership skills, and learn simple, proven exercises to practice them. By the end of this course, you'll have the tools you need to develop your skills so you can grow as a leader in all areas of your life and create greater harmony among them....

KG

Jul 25, 2017

My second favorite course in the Achieving Professional and Personal Success. Everyone can benefit from this course. I really liked having to identify my strengths in leadership!

TG

Sep 25, 2018

in this wonderful course, by knowing exemplary life of some distinguished people, I found my inspiration to do many things in better way. thank you so much Professor!

1 - 25 of 50 Reviews for Leading the Life You Want

By Khaoula N

Jun 14, 2019

great course! thank you professor for your effort and for the examples

By Yuan Y

Jun 03, 2019

It is really a great course!

By Anita

May 29, 2019

g

By Simona S

May 18, 2019

It's a great course, a lot of insight that I'm utilising in my daily activity

By Ladislav M

Mar 08, 2019

You wanna have a great time!

By selcuk g

Feb 20, 2019

I read the book and took the course. I can easly say that everyone should have this course for better and balanced life.

By Nga K C

Feb 17, 2019

Professor was too slow and too long winded. Was playing at 200% speed but still couldn't do it. awful

By Zafar I

Feb 08, 2019

Thank you very much.

By Shyan p

Jan 13, 2019

All about the course is good. The age and wisdom of the instructor is observable.

Gives different perspectives and helps to codify a lot of different stands of my life.

I am much better today, after having gone through this course, than i was before i took it. I will strive to bring my learnings into practice over the coming months.

Thank you for the course.

By Laura D D P

Jan 11, 2019

Well, very interesting and hopefully useful

By Robert G S P

Jan 10, 2019

Recommend this coure. Very hands on for personal development.

By Utku K

Nov 04, 2018

The professor is talking ultra slow and it makes this very interesting course somehow hard to follow. I have listened to the course with 1.50 times faster.

By Tina H

Nov 04, 2018

Very useful and interesting. I will definitely be using this information in the future.

By Bernard D V

Nov 02, 2018

Great course. You will learn through the life of 6 more or less famous people but they all done great things. The teacher will use them as examples as he teaches his course. My favorite of the specialisation.

By TAHERE G

Sep 25, 2018

By Bryan G

Aug 14, 2018

Awesome! Thanks for making so affordable and accessible.

By Karan B

Aug 12, 2018

Every word from Prof. Friedman is as inspirational as it can get. I strongly suggest that students actually take time to absorb what is being instructed and reflect upon their own lives. Please do not just go through this course for the sake of a certificate.

By Pavitheran A R

Jul 28, 2018

Great course and really got a very deep insight. Many skills I have learned here. Hope this helps effectively in coming days.

By Mohammed E

Jul 06, 2018

Amazing course for everyone who need to improve his leadership skills and develop his own style while leading others. Also It's great for anyone want to know more about himself and try to improve using leading examples from different walks of life. Great course and really recommend it.

By Richard G

Jul 03, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. It's a shame that Eric Greitens had to recently resign as Governor of Missouri. One item that would have improved this course would have been a brief interview or just an introduction, approx. 5 minute, with each of the exemplars.

By Alex P

Jun 04, 2018

Helpful and insightful course. Recommended. Thank you for producing such an excellent course.

By ASHISH P

May 31, 2018

B

By HAFIZ S A A

May 15, 2018

Good course, specially the 18 skills. However, I would like if the history of the 6 leaders chosen could be shorten.

By Kyle D

Apr 09, 2018

Alright course about connecting the life you live and how to influence other people. I thought the style of using people kind of got monotonous after the third week so maybe some variation could help. But still good course

By CINTIA B D S