Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 17, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

EE

Mar 02, 2016

This course is excellent. It gives thorough introduction into language without going into too much unnecessary details. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to start learning Chinese from scratch.

1276 - 1297 of 1,297 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Kobi K C

Sep 11, 2015

The whole course is basically a short topic based phrasebook being read-out and over-explained in English. Since I already speak English, this isn't very useful. The course contains no dialogues, or any real situations where vocab's being reviewed. I found the exercise nitpicky and confusing, and there's no indication nor review of what actually you did wrong. Better just use an audio-phrasebook and repeat it using the same time.

By Juliet H

Oct 25, 2015

I am giving it a 2 and am leaving the course because several of the recordings in the second quiz don't work. It is not possible to participate when there are technical difficulties like this. If the recordings worked, I am sure it would be a very fun and interesting class.

By Jenny

Oct 12, 2015

I thought she was a nice Teacher but Didn't teach the Basics steps into speaking & learning chinese .

If she had started with ABC alphabet how to write & speak the first week then taught to sound each letter out in different pitches of volume 2week then to sentences building 3rd week so on .

it would had been much more helpful I believe ...

I sad that i had to leave the course b/c it seem and look like a great obertonty ... but it went to fast didn't cover what i Expected it would.. :(

By Gorret F

Oct 12, 2015

A submission too complicate to learn chinese-Three submission is too reasonable.

By Paul S

Nov 04, 2015

This teacher reminds me of old aunties that tried to tell me how to think. "That's just the way it is" is never a good reason for me.

By Christian

Feb 17, 2016

Very basic, we need sequels

By Eva T C

Oct 21, 2015

the classes are sometimes extremely boring and some things are not clearly explained

By Bjorn P

Dec 16, 2018

A several small errors (dropped tones, dropped letters / mis-spellings) in the main course content.

In the final review, they repeatedly use the wrong character and tone for "five".

These are really elementary mistakes which suggest that the course was not so carefully designed.

By Latif M

Sep 28, 2015

Goes waaaay too fast to actually learn anything. Not very useful.

By Sana A

Oct 06, 2015

not practical, some audio files are not working ...

By Bo S

Aug 24, 2016

Where do I start?

By Dee

Feb 11, 2016

I didn't find this course to be too helpful.

By Yerly L

Jul 30, 2017

Not a very interesting class, only learned some vocabulary and some pre made sentences, but no general structure or grammar. This means that it would be impossible for me to even guess how to form an other sentence with the words i know.

By Kimberly K

Mar 26, 2016

I'm not a conversational learner. I like to learn via the puzzle method.

By Kevin L

Nov 04, 2015

too hard for a beginner

By T. S K

Jan 27, 2016

Unfortunately, not very engaging.

By Valentino M

Aug 15, 2015

Not a very good course layout

By Mike Q

Jan 31, 2016

Terrible. Had to verify multiple times. Audio quiz had no sound (struck-thru speaker icon I couldn't fix.)

I'd be disappointed with Cousera for foisting this trash if I hadn't taken "Learning How to Learn," much less buggy.

Would disenroll if there was any way to do so.

By Adriana

Sep 18, 2015

Videos proceed way too fast for complete beginners and things are explained without enough underlying basics. Plus there is not really enough chance for repetitions in the videos. Tonal explanations are good, except for the green line where you are not told how to choose what part of that tone to pronounce every time. Overall, it could be a great course but falls short because the videos proceed way too fast and without enough repetitions or even practice exercises to be able to remember the phrases afterwards.

By Ivan L

Dec 14, 2015

Im not finishing it since in the test are missing a lot of sounds ..............

By John G

Feb 11, 2016

This is very basics hence getting a certificate is not valuable. I would consider getting a certificate, if it means something hence beyond a very basic crash course. The certification, should be, I can really use and means something.

By 重宇 長