Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 17, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

EE

Mar 02, 2016

This course is excellent. It gives thorough introduction into language without going into too much unnecessary details. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to start learning Chinese from scratch.

76 - 100 of 1,314 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Shivam D

Mar 10, 2019

Great Teacher

By Daniela M

Mar 11, 2019

Muy bueno para comenzar a aprender el idioma y conocer de la cultura.

By Alberto G H

Mar 12, 2019

I have certainly enjoyed this online course to get the basics of Chinese, and I do believe the way it was done has been a great compromise between time and information being shown (that is, the course is really fast to finish with, yet very important information is being given; and on the other hand, not many deep details on grammar are being given, yet various important stuff are definitely discussed). I would certainly recommend it to people who want to get a hint about how does the chinese language work.

The first lessons were extremely useful to learn the way chinese is written and accentuated, the numbers, the colours, the time...All that very simple information which actually makes us feel we start to understand the language itself. However, I must admit that the last lessons (the application of basic language to various daily contexts) were certainly difficult. It was still easy to associate concepts and remember them for some time, but the variety of words is so complex that, I admit it myself, after a few hours it is fairly difficult to remember everything you just did. Some mnemotechnic rules will anyway help a lot to learn some expressions, and I am sure I will never forget those.

Overall, I am really happy to have spent some weeks finishing this course to understand the basics of chinese and never say I do not understand the language at all. I thank Professor Xiaoyu Liu for the time to prepare it, and wish her all the best of successes on getting more people to study her courses. Thank you.

By Emily A B

Mar 15, 2019

It was easy and simple to understand. I wish there were the Chinese Character so I could recognize the pinyin that I am reading .

By Anna U

Mar 15, 2019

Очень понравилось, спасибо. Возможно стоит добавить иероглифы.

By Mónica G G M

Mar 19, 2019

Excelente curso para iniciar a aprender mandarin. Los videos y ejercicios son ultiles.

By Luis E P G

Jan 13, 2019

Very nice

By Muhammad W A

Dec 14, 2018

Very easy to learn the basic Chinese language. The most important and interesting about the course is that everything is illustrated with the help of pictures which makes it very easy to learn.

By NESTOR A C G

Jan 15, 2019

After finishing this course I feel very motivated to take the next one!

Everyone who has never had any contact with Chinese should take this course. Thank you very much from Lima, Peru 🇵🇪

By Carlos C O

Dec 16, 2018

Este ha sido el mejor curso de chino en la red que he visto. Son innumerables sus ventajas. Un profesora excelente, con pedagogía de alto nivel, buena pronunciación, grata de escuchar y aprender. Los temas son básicos y quedan rápidamente evidentes. Al final te ofrecen un resumen de todo lo que has hecho y lo puedes comparar con tus apuntes, ¡pues están en chino! Un curso muy recomendable.

By Eanna H

Nov 30, 2018

Currently living in Taiwan with some mandarin background and this was helpful in understanding grammar (sentence structure) and vocab. Although it's a different dialect, it helped with pronunciation and context of the language. It would be helpful to see some chinese characters, but I understand it's a beginner's course so that may confuse many newcomers. All in all, thank you!!

By Omar A G N

Dec 18, 2018

When you start it`s so difficult the tones, but with the time is more easy. The course complied with my expectations.

By LAM M T

Jul 30, 2018

amazing

By Sarai L

Aug 07, 2018

It was wonderful, I recommend this course to anyone that wants to start a new language, the teacher explain very well each topic, with this course and my Chinese Classes in my country, I really know a lot of things for talk to Chinese people. Don't hesitate to do this course.

By Abaz M R

中国語を学び始めたばかりの人にはうってつけのコースです!

加油!

By Daniel M C

Aug 26, 2018

Wǒ xǐhuān zhè mén kèchéng, xièxiè

By Muhammad W A

Aug 28, 2018

This course is well designed and very informative for beginners. .

By Chinar W

Aug 28, 2018

Teaches quite a lot of basic conversation elements which are extremely helpful.

By Wolff

Sep 09, 2018

Cours parcourant déjà pas mal de sujets importants de la vie quotidienne. J'aime beaucoup les quizz après chaque cours!

By An T

Sep 10, 2018

This course is really helpful for a beginer like me. I would like to have a course with more practice in writing and reading. Thank you so much

By Betty S V G