Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 17, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

EE

Mar 02, 2016

This course is excellent. It gives thorough introduction into language without going into too much unnecessary details. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to start learning Chinese from scratch.

76 - 100 of 1,314 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Laura G R O

Apr 11, 2019

I like it too much!

By Rocío G

Apr 11, 2019

Muy bien planteado, fácil y dinámico. Me ha servido para refrescar lo que ya había estudiado y seguir adelante. Muy recomendable para los que empiezan de 0 o para los que llevamos un tiempo sin dedicarnos al idioma.

By Alberto G H

Mar 12, 2019

I have certainly enjoyed this online course to get the basics of Chinese, and I do believe the way it was done has been a great compromise between time and information being shown (that is, the course is really fast to finish with, yet very important information is being given; and on the other hand, not many deep details on grammar are being given, yet various important stuff are definitely discussed). I would certainly recommend it to people who want to get a hint about how does the chinese language work.

The first lessons were extremely useful to learn the way chinese is written and accentuated, the numbers, the colours, the time...All that very simple information which actually makes us feel we start to understand the language itself. However, I must admit that the last lessons (the application of basic language to various daily contexts) were certainly difficult. It was still easy to associate concepts and remember them for some time, but the variety of words is so complex that, I admit it myself, after a few hours it is fairly difficult to remember everything you just did. Some mnemotechnic rules will anyway help a lot to learn some expressions, and I am sure I will never forget those.

Overall, I am really happy to have spent some weeks finishing this course to understand the basics of chinese and never say I do not understand the language at all. I thank Professor Xiaoyu Liu for the time to prepare it, and wish her all the best of successes on getting more people to study her courses. Thank you.

By Claudio E d P S

Mar 05, 2019

Me gustó mucho el curso. No tenia ni idea que fuera tan simple el chino.

By Joaquin R

Mar 03, 2019

Thanks to Xiaoyu Liu for an amazing class. It is very helpful to see and hear the unfamiliar sounds or phonetics of the Chinese Language from the Instructor, Xiaoyu Liu. This is better than Rosetta Stone which is very expensive and the disc set or software expires in two years. I will take an advance course in Chinese; also, will take a course in reading and writing Chinese characters.

By Emily A B

Mar 15, 2019

It was easy and simple to understand. I wish there were the Chinese Character so I could recognize the pinyin that I am reading .

By Anna U

Mar 15, 2019

Очень понравилось, спасибо. Возможно стоит добавить иероглифы.

By Marian J P

Mar 07, 2019

Es un curso bueno para reforzar conocimientos e incorporar nuevo vocabulario.

By Martin P H J

Mar 08, 2019

I really enjoyed this. Its main strong point is that the pronunciation is very clearly modelled, for students to copy. It covers quite a lot of ground. There are a lot of words in it, but many of them are recycled in later lectures, which helps them to stick. There isn't any grammar explanation, so if you like studying languages more analytically, this might not be the course for you, although as I said, I'd still recommend it if you are new to Chinese pronunciation. The only thing I wasn't particularly impressed by were the quizes, which were a bit easy, but I suppose they want the course to be accessible to as many people as possible, and not to put people off for fear of failing. Thanks for making this course available.

By Muhammed S J

Mar 18, 2019

very helpful

By Pedro A B V

Dec 06, 2018

Una muy buena manera de aprender Chino, sobrepasado el curso con más de un 90% de aprobaciones.

Muchas gracias Coursera por ampliar mis conocimientos! Estoy feliz y enriquecido con este curso

By ILIANA G

Dec 06, 2018

Amazing!!! Excellent work by our laoshi!!!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!

By Joel S C M

Dec 23, 2018

Bastante bueno el curso para aprender el idioma, recomendado ampliamente

By André R d A

Feb 03, 2019

very nice course

By Joshua E M G

Feb 03, 2019

Amazing professor, suited for beginners.

By Houssine

Jan 08, 2019

great idea

By Robert L

Jan 20, 2019

Great Introduction to Chinese. I still need to practice more. Well taught thank you.

By Nina A G

Jan 21, 2019

easy to follow, fun to learn

By Luz N F C

Jan 21, 2019

El curso fue muy interesante, si hay constancia , se aprende bastante, gracias!

By Maria Z

Dec 09, 2018

Хороший курс, на котором преподаватель чётко и понятно излагает. Спасибо Xiaoyu Liu

By Carolina C

Feb 26, 2019

Muy explicativo y didáctico, Feliz tomaría un segundo curso para seguir aprendiendo.

También me gustaría intentar con italiano.

Gracias!!

By Daniela M

Mar 11, 2019

Muy bueno para comenzar a aprender el idioma y conocer de la cultura.

By Shivam D

Mar 10, 2019

Great Teacher

By Melissa

Jul 10, 2018

Realmente es lo básico, por lo cual es importante dedicar tiempo a practicar y estudiar para aprender el vocabulario ya que es de uso cotidiano. Muchos dirán que es muy básico pero ya qusieran escuchar una conversación sencilla y entender. Recomiendo memorizar y practicar diario para no olvidar ya que es un vocabulario totalmente diferente al nuestro. ¡Ánimo, Sí se puede aprender muy bien en éste curso!