Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 17, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

EE

Mar 02, 2016

This course is excellent. It gives thorough introduction into language without going into too much unnecessary details. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to start learning Chinese from scratch.

101 - 125 of 1,340 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Catalina I P R

Mar 15, 2016

This was my first experience with Chinese and was very friendly. At first I thought it would be really hard for me but it wasn't, the readings were easy to follow and really clear. I really enjoyed this course and recommend it for everyone who wants an approach to this languaje.

By Markus A

May 23, 2018

Perfect for people who have had no prior experience with asian languages and who are not very good at taking up new languages. The learning curve is not steep at all and especially when it comes to pronounciation I haven't yet seen a course where the topic is better introduced.

By MIGUEL Á R M

Jun 28, 2017

Excellent course, really ideal for beginners. It was very enjoyable. The teacher is very professional, congratulations to her from me. I hope there is a second part. Highly grateful to the staff of Coursera and the University of Beijing, who made this course possible. Regards!

By Sarai L

Aug 07, 2018

It was wonderful, I recommend this course to anyone that wants to start a new language, the teacher explain very well each topic, with this course and my Chinese Classes in my country, I really know a lot of things for talk to Chinese people. Don't hesitate to do this course.

By Alexander J G P

Jun 30, 2018

Un excelente curso, me ayudo bastante a dar un punto de partida a a prender chino ya que al ser un idioma extraño a primera vista uno no sabe por donde empezar, este curso fue mi gran empuje y punto de partida hacia enteder este hermoso y idioma junto con su hermosa cultura.

By Mech S

Jul 23, 2017

Этот курс - замечательное приобретение для новичка! Китай - это великая страна с богатой культурой и языком. Огромное вам спасибо! (This course is great for beginners! China is a wonderful country of the East with an interesting culture and language. Thank you very much!)

By Paul h

Oct 07, 2015

This course was presented professionally. It was well organized with the right amount of material to keep my interest. I highly recommend this course to anyone who has a desire to learn Chinese. I look forward to any additional courses that Peking University has to offer.

By Malu C

Aug 11, 2016

I loved the course! Xiao Liu is an excellent teacher. She pronounces slowly and clear which makes all lessons easy to understand and follow. The additional material provided in each lesson is very helpful for practicing before answering the quizzes and submitting the

By C-na N

Sep 08, 2015

I found this lesson so valuable! I love how the video teach me and I've gained some new words in Chinese as well as using phrase.

I hope there are more Chinese lessons as well as other languages!

Thanks for having it online so that we can study when we have free time!

By Pelin D

Dec 24, 2019

It is a good course to start learning Chinese I think, I was afraid of difficulties in pronouncing Chinese but I believe this course helped me to get used to spoken Chinese. Now I am planning to continue with Chinese learning, thanks to the course and the lecturer!

By NAZAKAT A A K

May 13, 2017

That is very nice experience for learning Chinese for beginners. hope so we should have such courses with extended models, for HSK-Level2,3,4,5 respectively in Near Future, Regards, Khoso, Nazakat Ali,

PhD Scholar at Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, Hangzhou P.R.China

By Sally R

Dec 11, 2015

The vocabulary was adult and useful.

I liked the amount of repetition; the beginner has a chance to actually hear spoken Chinese.

I also liked the short sentences. A beginner can't be expected to learn long discourses, especially in a tonal language like Chinese.

By Lazar

Aug 14, 2015

It was an awesome experience! I would totally recommend anyone to join in/enrol in the course. The professor is understandable, both English and Chinese. Useful phrases and sentences, while sentences are also covered during the course, as well as the dialogue.

By khawla A

Jul 18, 2019

my firs language is Arabic and I took some English in school and university , this course was easy to understand the teacher is good , I would recommend this to anyone with no experience in this language . grateful for everyone who made this course possible

By Wilsen W

Mar 25, 2018

It was a great experience. Thank you for sharing the basic of Chinese.

But I hope you can also include some Chinese character. I understand that you might not want to confuse some participants but I think it is very important to learn some Chinese characters

By Olga V

Oct 17, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. Professionally done and very well structured. Never boring or too much info for a single week. Just perfect for my busy schedule. Thanks a lot! I've had my introduction to Chinese and will most likely further pursue this study.

By Martha L A M

Sep 04, 2019

Increíble! Un curso que contrariamente a lo que imaginaba me pareció muy bien explicado e interesante con un método que te atrapa hasta finalizar. Te aporta palabras importantes que te introducen a un idioma que jamás imaginé poder entender. Felicidades!

By Harshal M

Apr 04, 2018

Good course for complete beginners.

Although i would suggest more explanation for measure words. More examples will also help.

Having said that, thaks once again for all your efforts. I look forward to learning more advanced chinese courses in the future.

By Domingo C S

Jun 04, 2017

Me encantó que el curso sea tan simple para gente que no tiene noción de chino, aunque en las últimas "lectures" no escribian todo lo que aparece en la pantalla, así que tenía que ver la transcripción para entender o saber algunas cosas que entiendo.

By Brenda J N A

Jul 10, 2019

Me gusto mucho este curso porque tuve la oportunidad de poner en practica mis habilidades auditivas. Ademas , el uso de imágenes y el reuso de palabras de lecciones anteriores hicieron posible que recordara el vocabulario de manera mas eficiente.

By Rakhshi T

Oct 08, 2017

This was very well designed and helpful course. I enjoyed learning Chinese with the teacher. However, i felt that quizzes were easy and they should be a little more challenging. Thanks a lot for providing us with the opportunity to learn it free.

By Nambajimana J d D

Jan 03, 2018

Firstly, I would like to thank those who established this website and the one who prepare this program, I have learned more and more, this time I can speak Chinese, communicate with people. Actually, I can do a lot of things because of Coursera.

By Nicolas S

Apr 30, 2017

This is an excellent foundation course for beginners. Prof Xiaoyu Liu has a clear pronunciation and a great pedagogy. Many thanks for this wonderful course! I highly recommend this course for everyone who want to begin learning Mandarin Chinese.

By Daniel S

Jul 30, 2019

This course had a good pace and covered several useful topics. The instructor also explained new words/characters when introducing a new sentence or phrase, which is nice to know - as opposed to just explaining the meaning of the new phrase.

By Karime A C

Mar 20, 2018

It was a really good courses, Xiaoyu Liu is an amazing teacher she explain you everything as best as possible. was a really good method of teaching, easy to learn, to been motivate and to practice. I cant wait to start the next course. Xiexie