Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 17, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

PP

Apr 25, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

126 - 150 of 2,711 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Rashmi

Jun 20, 2018

Best course for a beginner, I have begun communicating in Chinese these days with the locals, and tend to understand better. Just a suggestion: pronunciation of the initials and finals could be taught with equivalent examples from English language, since that is the only challenge that i faced here

By Mohamed A J

Nov 03, 2019

It is one of the best courses ever taken. It has lots of good example and simple ways of explaining. It is the best training for beginners to learn Chinese. I like it so much and especially the short quizzes after each section helped to learn the language. Thanks for having this treasure overhear.

By Ernesto N S

Oct 28, 2016

This course is very elementary and provides you with all tools you need to start learning Chinese for good. The material is very well structured and after these basics, especially in pronouncing, i am confident that i am able to move forward to the next level. Thank you for such an amazing course!

By Ahmad S N

Apr 25, 2020

Hi, I found this course so informative. The contents are truly fruitful. I recommend all the Chinese beginners to take this instructive course in order to learn the Chinese basics. I sincerely thank to all the team who have provided this amazing platform.

Best regards,

Ahmad Shah Nawazy

Afghanistan

By Emma

Feb 11, 2018

The course was really nice and easy to understand. I think it might have been better if it would have gone a little bit faster. There is so much vocabulary and it is so well explained by professor Xiaoyu Liu. I would highly recommend this course for anyone willing learn some useful basic phrases.

By Abida

Oct 30, 2016

i thought that learning this language would be difficult but this website makes it just so easy and fun to learn.

I just absolutely love this website,i really recomend this ypo people who are very low on studies or to people who want learn more.

This is a very,very,very good website,one of the bast

By Sophie R

Feb 06, 2020

Très bons cours pour acquérir et revoir les bases de la langue chinoise. Je recommande.

Je tiens à soulever qu'il y a une petite coquille dans le lexique à la fin du cursus 5 est 五 et non 无. C'est juste une erreur de frappe que vous avez soulever puisque vous avez suivi ces cours très bien fait.

By Vikash K

Jun 04, 2017

This is the best course I have come across.Easily comprehensible course material taught in the most Interactive way.The course Instructor is very lively and will make you learn even if you don't want to.

A must recommended for all.(So that all can understand basic pronunciation of Chinese words).

By Nisva S

Overall, this course give us a very good material for someone who started to learn Chinese. The lecturer also did a great job, whether it's her explaination or her pronounciation. One suggestion, it would be better to include the chinese charater so we can learn to read or write it. Thank you,

By M A I G V

Feb 20, 2020

An exceptional course, which takes you from complete ignorance o a simple understanding of the Chinese sintax and grammar, I have learnt basic phrases which could allow me to travel within China without any problems, I would like to follow a next step . Great Course!!!! from any point of view.

By Sasarot M

May 08, 2020

This courses Chinese for Beginners is wonderful but them should teach more about Chinese characters as well because Chinese characters have a great effect on the use of communication. If there is no learning in this area Will be able to speak only, Unable to read or write in basic knowledge.

By Goga Y

Jun 01, 2020

I just discovered that Chinese isn't so difficult as many people think. I would love to continue the studies. in order to remember the material, it is necessary to communicate with a native speaker! I hope one day I will visit China and will be able to speak Chinese with locals. Thank you.

By ADISARA P

Apr 27, 2020

I was learn Chinese Language before a little bit form Chinese series. I knew some words but can't speak in sentences. This course is very useful. It is not easy but not too difficult. It make me want to study more. Thank you all of participant for let everyone can study for free. Thank you.

By Piyapat P

Aug 29, 2015

This is very useful course! The professor describe all courses with clam and very kindly. I also love that it is an open course with no time limit so that I could enjoy and repeat every time I need. Please continue the next chapters or next Chinese language course for all of us. Thank you.

By Zulfiqar A A

Apr 24, 2020

well wonderful experience, as I already know some basics before, it was a good revision and practice to recall the basics of the Chinese language. The teacher has very good command and learning style, its easy to understand. I recommend this course for beginners who want to learn Chinese.

By Corina T

Sep 25, 2015

The teacher is very good. It is also good that it has the words written in Mandarin at the end of the material. I just finished the course but now I am learning the Chinese characters for the vocabulary presented in these lessons. I loved this course! I will come back to revise it often.

By Kyaw K A

Oct 19, 2019

Here in this Lecture, it can motivate deeply my interest upon using Chinese Phonetics and I know its importance for Language development. It can reinforce me to study of Chinese Language further. Moreover, I believe the vocabularies used in these lecture series are useful in daily Life.

By Sarinya S

May 12, 2020

I spend my free time learning this course, And what I got is very worthwhile. The teacher is so amazing, she teaches easy to understand and I have received both of the knowledge and funny. I hope that I will use the knowledge that I've learned from this time to traveling in China soon.

By Marco A M d O G

Dec 12, 2018

After taking this basic course my communication skill has improved a lot. I can understand a little bit better when native speakers talk. I am living in beijing and at the beginning I had problems with listening skill as well as speking. Thanks to this course I can express myself...

By Ayana T W

Sep 05, 2017

With the way that the coursera infrastructure is set up, I think it really is hard not to learn anything and do well on the small assigments. You can redo the quizzes, slow down and rewatch the videos, and you can use the little review prompts as you need. I think it's a good course.

By Lauren K

Mar 29, 2016

If you want basic useful Mandarin, this course is a great introduction! I am traveling to China in a few months and I am looking forward to trying to use what I've learned in the course! The teacher is easy to understand and the grammar points are straightforward. I really enjoy it!

By Ancizar P T

Dec 03, 2016

The Teacher explains topics in an easy to understand manner. Her method is effective because she models the pronunciation and she uses nice images to help us understand the vocabulary. Thanks for this amazing initiative. People around the world would benefit from learning Chinese!

By Le K K H

Aug 26, 2015

This course is very useful for people who want to learn how to speak Chinese in communication. However, I hope there will be pinyin added so that I can try to recognise the Chinese characters. Anyway, thanks for such a great course. I look forward to seeing more courses like this.

By Irina F

Mar 26, 2020

The course is well-designed. It gives necessary vocabulary for the beginners, moreover, there is a vocabulary list at the end which is quite useful. I enjoyed taking the course. However, in Unit 7 some of the tapes were not that clear. I'm sure to take More Chinese for Beginners.

By Catalina I P R

Mar 15, 2016

This was my first experience with Chinese and was very friendly. At first I thought it would be really hard for me but it wasn't, the readings were easy to follow and really clear. I really enjoyed this course and recommend it for everyone who wants an approach to this languaje.