Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

AA

Sep 14, 2015

It is great learning course brought me clear understanding strong structure of how to learn more effective. I regret only about one, that I didn't passed this course when I started learning at school.

JR

Oct 23, 2017

This Course Is awesome it gave me a new look on how my brain works and that i should actually take breaks which is probably why i get frustrated. I am Excited to Put what i have learned into practice.

226 - 250 of 13,142 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By melissa m

Jan 26, 2019

Great course in teaching your mind to be flexible and learning new things. Barb breaks down concepts in a fun and realistic way. The optional videos are nicely curated and I highly recommend those. The course helps you stretch your brain. I've employed several of the techniques in my own study path, having gone through a change of careers and back to school at 37. I'm in the tech education industry as a teacher myself and recruiter and highly recommend it!

By Aaron J B

Jan 27, 2019

I learned so much from this course, it was also a glimpse at university, thank you so much. Since completing this course I have started my journey to enrolling with the University of New England, Australia. Thank you again.

By KRISHNA C B

Jan 27, 2019

Exceptionally well-crafted and a must-do course for everyone at all ages and in all disciplines. Learning is so intrinsic to us that we need it all the times.

By Bernd G

Jan 26, 2019

Very good course, I would recommend it to anyone interested in improving their learning

By Rahul C

Jan 26, 2019

I am working professional. This course has helped me understand new concepts like diffuse mode of thinking, and help in getting insight into other concepts like interleaving, recall, pomodoro, memory techniques, etc

Thank you for this great course on learning!!!

By Lydianne

Jan 27, 2019

Very good and insightful. Very motivating as well!

By George K

Jan 26, 2019

Excellent and very informative!

By Blair K

Jan 27, 2019

Many thanks to the instructors and university for making this course available. It pointed out some of the flaws and limitations in my learning methods. More importantly, it gave me a road map to improving my learning and long-term comprehension of subjects. I am already using my new developing skills to improve reading comprehension, learning newer complex materials, and being generally more efficient in work and learning.

By Rejane D M

Jan 05, 2019

This course really help me to understand how our brain works and how we can use it to be a better learner.

By Anantha S K R

Jan 03, 2019

This is the first course that I completed on Coursera. Am glad I went through this one first before going through the rest. This course is ideally the place to start with before learning other courses.

By Johan A

Jan 04, 2019

Fantastic course, highly recommend it!

By veronica t

Jan 05, 2019

amazing tools, very easy to get it, and be concious about it, just practice

By Yasmeen m

perfect course

By Catherine W

Jan 04, 2019

Great refresh of learning techniques to help me with trickier elements of my MBA course.

By Jack M

Jan 03, 2019

the best thing i have ever learned in my life, this is an essential skill that every person needs in order to perform better in any aspect of his life.

By Deborah N

Exceptionally good

All teachers and high school students should take it as baseline training to enhance innovation and good use of acquired knowledge

By Кондратенко Р В

very useful knowledge

By Savy

Jan 30, 2019

A very complete course to understand and grab the different tools and techniques to improve learning skills. Even if I knew some of the stuff, it's always good to freshen the memory and understand why something works or not. Thank you very much for this materials that everyone should learn!

By Anupama M P

Jan 30, 2019

Loved this course! Very helpful for people (like me) who want to stop procrastinating! Shows you how to change your thinking that has a positive impact on how to use your time efficiently. Would recommend 100%!

Jan 30, 2019

This is very useful course, with plenty good advices. I hope I'll follow all of them and it helps me in my learning routine:)

By Anita K

Jan 30, 2019

Thank you so much Barbara and Terry!!! I enjoyed taking this class and I look forward to apply these techniques to my learning and future adventures.

By Dzakanovsky D

Jan 30, 2019

В школах надо внедрить этот курс для всех.

By zhang j