Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

MC

Oct 29, 2019

I enjoyed this course so much. I learned a lot about how I can become a better learner. This course was very interesting and useful. I have some tools that I can use to optimize my learning potential.

ZL

Nov 23, 2015

First MOOC that I can accomplish, even in my busiest days, because I'm motivated to learn the lessons taught in it and I like the teacher and class format (small videos and always repeating concepts).

151 - 175 of 13,136 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By SUSHIL K S V

Dec 14, 2018

Great course for everyone, those who are good can get better and those who are on the fringes or are below average can certainly learn and take advantage of this course

By James H

Dec 14, 2018

Perfect length, and great material taught by warm people with obvious passion.

By Thyago T C

Dec 15, 2018

Great material that really helps improving your learn by better understanding the learning process. This course should be a required for every student since the school.

By Armin W

Dec 14, 2018

I loved this course! So many interesting sources, the easy to understand explanations, even fun analogies. Great optional interviews. It truly was a great experience learning how to learn. Thank you!

By Jheison L R M

Dec 13, 2018

Awesome

By Mariam G

Dec 14, 2018

Awesome Course, thanks very much to Barbara Oakley.

By tijanbaba

Dec 15, 2018

This course is very useful and this course is perfect for those of you who have difficulty learning.

By Anastasia H

Dec 15, 2018

That was a great course. I enjoyed learning how to learn! Thank you very much!

By DEVANAND R

Dec 14, 2018

Wonderful course... Well designed... Even non psychology students can appreciate all the relevant concepts discussed in the course... A worthy course to be pursued by all who those are eager to learn new ideas... Thank you

By Mert B K

Dec 14, 2018

Learning how to learn is one of the most powerfuls assets you can have in this rapidly changing world, so I am very grateful that I have learned it!

By yangxiao

Dec 15, 2018

This is great course, and I have learned a lot useful ideas and skills from it about how to learn in a better way. I will definitely try to apply what I have learned here into my daily life. Also, I will recommend my friends to take this course!

By Kasbe

Dec 15, 2018

Really useful information that can be applied to ANYTHING

By Cajetan M L

Nov 27, 2018

Very good content. Good structured. First place i found that put most of these informations in one place.

By WunLung W

Nov 28, 2018

Excellent course to learn how to learn efficiently.

By andres c l s

the best experince ever

By ThangTQ12@fsoft.com.vn

Thank you very much Dr. Barbara Oakley and Dr. Terry Sejnowski

By Ananda R

Nov 28, 2018

I am teacher by choice and "Learning to Learn" is what I teach. I have learnt many new things on this subject which I will be using in my classes as well as my personal learning. According to me, every teacher must go through this course. This is being given for "Free". There should be no more excuses. By gaining knowledge shared here, you will learn better and help others to learn better. By using the tips, you will reduce the time you spend in learning while improving the quality of your learning. Every student needs to understand the "Process" of learning, so that they can master what ever they wish to learn.Thanks to each person who has made this course possible. May God bless all of you with abundance.

By Hieu Q D

Nov 29, 2018

I appreciated a lot on this course. This will help me a lot in studying in the future.

By Niamh T

Nov 29, 2018

Exceptionally thorough, accessible and applicable. Cannot recommend it enough regardless of your career or specialty.

By Nancy F A

Nov 28, 2018

Me gustó mucho este curso, las técnicas que comparten son muy útiles.

By Marilena N

Nov 28, 2018

Excelent course, very useful information about the new techniques of learning.

By Abdelrahman A

Nov 27, 2018

very helpful

By Alysson M

Dec 16, 2018

It's a very helpful course that provides you with an overview of how your brain functions among many other interesting things. Doing this course you will learn how to improve your learning process and make your life better. I recommend it. Thanks, Dr. Barbara Oakley and Dr. Terrence Sejnowski

By Einar P

Dec 16, 2018

Very interesting content and effective teaching. However, the quizzes are too easy so in order to really benefit from the course I think it's important to take responsibility and do retrieval practice "offline".