Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

RB

Mar 14, 2018

this course is great! I actually already know some of these Technics and concepts before i went into this course but this course did such a great job of explaining it the now it really sticks with me.

JR

Mar 07, 2019

This course was eye-opening. I learned so many great techniques that I can immediately incorporate into my daily life. Thank you so much to the creators of this course for such invaluable information.

176 - 200 of 13,163 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By hamza e

Dec 25, 2018

Good

By Peter B

Dec 24, 2018

Learning how to learn in a smart and effective way is a must in the coming age of AI / robotics. Those who don´t have this skill will have a tough time in the not so far future. In this regard, this course is really helpful!

By Vitalii V

Dec 23, 2018

This proves to be an essential course to take BEFORE taking any other courses. The learning is then much more effective. Thank you, Barbara!

By Януш

Just amazing

By Jev

Dec 23, 2018

Great evidence-based course full of practical advice! I wish I had done it before I went to university.

By Andriy K

Dec 24, 2018

Highly recommend to acquire for everybody.

Really value staff for those who really want to learn.

By noureddine e

the best

By Мария К

Dec 11, 2018

Искала материал по теме как победить прокрастинацию. Данный курс очень сильно помог. Спасибо тем, кто приложил к нему руку. Очень понравилась Barbara Oakley. Буду искать другие курсы, соавтором которых она является

By Robert H

Dec 10, 2018

Quite addictive this course. I loved it and its so useful and applicable. The material, videos and exercises, is really inspiring to me. Thank you Barbara, Terry and your team !

By Arnav K

Dec 11, 2018

I really enjoyed this course and found the lessons to be invaluable. I have always been very curious and an enthusiastic learner but never approached my learning in a strategic fashion. This course has equipped me with many tools to improve the efficiency and efficacy of my learning which I have already begun to implement. Barabara Oakley is also a wonderful course director!

By Carmen M J A

Dec 11, 2018

I think it's a very interesting course, which gives tools to be able to learn better. it also explains how the brain works in an easy way to make changes.

By Andres f M M

Dec 10, 2018

I think this course is powerfull because, it teach fundamentals tips, modes and many things related to the process of learning, since your mastered an idea until you keep the idea and reforce the knowledge not only using the memmory but also keeping in mind other perspectives, solution's, and related thinks with other carrers

By Dương N

Thanks so much

By Marius V

Dec 10, 2018

This course is well worth your time. Highly recommended!

By Michael S

Dec 10, 2018

This course is fantastic, it has opened up my creative side and although it is early days, I believe it can only get better. Having completed the course, a lot of the material feels familiar to me, possibly because it makes so much sense. I believe that it will help me in many areas of my life.

By Tiago F d S

Dec 10, 2018

A great course that helps you to improve your ability to learn new things, improve your time management and to gain more confidence.

By Alberto L

Dec 10, 2018

Amazingly useful, a must for everyone at any age.

By Amine B

Amazing!!

This is what high schools and colleges should make mandatory as a first course for every year of any

curriculum.

By Neetal P

Dec 12, 2018

Great instructors and very useful information. Every student should learn these methodologies!

By Andrew M

Very interesting course.

By Dunja A

Dec 12, 2018

This course is very useful for re-establishing what you already know about learning, for grasping fresh and new ideas and perspectives on learning and it is also useful for establishing a new "learning practice" or breaking bad learning habits. I have enjoyed it and I highly recommend it!

By Jheison L R M

Dec 13, 2018

Awesome

By Muhammad U Y

Dec 13, 2018

Very nice, it is a unique course and gives good introduction to the topic of learning based on solid research, highly recommended to attend this course for learning life long learning and teaching skills.

By Dharmesh T

Dec 26, 2018

Definitely learnt quite a lot.

By Laura E C G

Dec 26, 2018

Un excelente curso con tips y recomendaciones sobre como podemos ser mas eficientes en nuestras sesiones de estudio.