Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

MI

Oct 03, 2015

This is an amazing class. It makes my professional life easy as well as my personal life. Everybody should take this class, and also the teachers are brilliant about all subjects that we see in class.

GG

Sep 10, 2016

This is a course which I enjoyed. It gave a good insight of the learning methodologies which we have often heard of but not given due importance. Also, the brain facts is cool :) My 5/5 to this course

126 - 150 of 13,165 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By Alessandro A

Nov 18, 2018

This course is not only theorietical but it combines a good knowledge of why these practices work and then it gives you practical advices to follow in order to master your studying time

By Padmini

Nov 19, 2018

I learned lot of things after this course. I got confidence that anyone can learn anything. I can definitely avoid procrastination if I practice the techniques in this course. I recommend to people who have hard time to learn new things.

By Shubham K

k

and

hought

g

two nights before exam can help in life.

By Toomas L

Nov 19, 2018

I am simple people from Estonia and that course realy help me my dream of English Teacher. Reccomend this course to students.

By Nicklas B L

Nov 18, 2018

Fun, engaged, helpful and a reminder of how much fun it is to learn!

By Abraham T T

Loved every bit of it

By meera k m

Nov 17, 2018

My Fav course ever did!!!!

By Mohamed A

Nov 18, 2018

thanks to our masters and professors :)

By Infant J A

Nov 19, 2018

One of the best course! Big Thanks for Barbara Oakley & Terry Sejnowski.

By Scott F

Dec 03, 2018

This was a really great course for learning new study techniques and gives a really interesting insight into how the mind works.

By Maksimiljanas S

Dec 02, 2018

Everyone needs to know about this course

By Nancy

Amazing Course, Instructors are really good and its really helpfuk

By Hilman S

Dec 04, 2018

i'ts a really great course because it has a lot of practical thing that you can try immediately in your learning. It makes me really want to make deliberate practice into my habit

By Isabela P d C

Dec 04, 2018

Muito objetivo, transformador e reflexivo.

By 张正熙

Very useful and thought-provoking

By Daniel d

Dec 03, 2018

Excellent course with a lot of new ideas to become a better learner.

By karim k s

Great

By Srini S

Dec 05, 2018

Fantastic course, great content and Barbara and Terry - they Rock!!

By kristen j

Dec 18, 2018

very useful course for students

By hussein a

Dec 18, 2018

It's important lesson I learned in my learning trip.

By Breno M

Dec 18, 2018

It's amazing learning about the things helpful to keep learn. I have a lot of difficult to understand and keep focus in a task, but this course help me to understand how my mind work and how I can improve my skills, develop new skills and have new goals. It was my second MOOC, I had difficul to keep the course because my time is short, I work and study at the same time, but I know it's very important this course to help me understand myself and improve my professional life and private life.

By Tomé L

Dec 19, 2018

Great content, practical insights, and actionable techniques! I totally advise everyone with the goal to learn any subject to learn how this memories are stored and how can you improve it!

By Li L

Dec 19, 2018

It's useful. It will help us to check ourselves.

By Sai C A

Dec 18, 2018

The world needs more Barbara Oakleys. Fantastic course and definitely a recommendation to anyone interested in taking any courses online. The material was amazing and wholesome enough to achieve the purpose, and Mrs Barbara's teaching style, passion and her enthusiasm moved my heart. I'm changed in the way I view learning now and I feel more ready to approach it. Her efforts in compiling this comprehensive information and additional interviews and reading/video materials were just too good. Dr Terrence was amazing and I loved everything he had to say, both together we're able to take a wholesome approach to tackling so many issues. Thank you so much for your efforts, I bet there are too many that feel the same as I do.

By Nikhil B

Dec 19, 2018

A really insightful course on learning practically.