Back to Leveraging Unstructured Data with Cloud Dataproc on Google Cloud Platform

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leveraging Unstructured Data with Cloud Dataproc on Google Cloud Platform by Google Cloud

This 1-week, accelerated course builds upon previous courses in the Data Engineering on Google Cloud Platform specialization. Through a combination of video lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, you'll learn how to create and manage computing clusters to run Hadoop, Spark, Pig and/or Hive jobs on Google Cloud Platform. You will also learn how to access various cloud storage options from their compute clusters and integrate Google’s machine learning capabilities into their analytics programs. In the hands-on labs, you will create and manage Dataproc Clusters using the Web Console and the CLI, and use cluster to run Spark and Pig jobs. You will then create iPython notebooks that integrate with BigQuery and storage and utilize Spark. Finally, you integrate the machine learning APIs into your data analysis. Pre-requisites • Google Cloud Platform Big Data & Machine Learning Fundamentals (or equivalent experience) • Some knowledge of Python...

RC

Nov 19, 2019

Oh, this was great! I didn't have much exposure to distributed processing jobs. Really great to learn about staging, automating and tuning these jobs. I hope I can apply this professionally soon.

LY

Mar 01, 2019

This is very handy course compared with other cloud platform where a customized environment was provided without concerning setup it on my own. This is very thoughtful and I'm very appreciated.

1 - 25 of 468 Reviews for Leveraging Unstructured Data with Cloud Dataproc on Google Cloud Platform

By Joe S

May 12, 2019

I think the quizzes should have had more questions, there were many more cool things you could have asked.

By haiyang l

Jun 22, 2019

Wish it went in more depth about RDD transformation, which was a little bit confusing... A lab about how DataProc can be used as an extention of BigQuery that does not overlap functionality would be nice. How to covert RDDs to Pandas DF, and vice versa.

By Justin E

Jun 04, 2019

This course is far longer than any of the other courses in the Data Engineering specialisation. I felt that it rehashed a lot of the first course as well.

By Lun Y

Mar 01, 2019

By Ruth W W

Apr 23, 2019

The course has introduced me to hadoop tools. I have learned how easy it is to setup a hadoop cluster using Dataproc. Will sure look for cases that have implemented hadoop and replicate on GCP.

By Yitao Z

Nov 27, 2019

This cource makes those mystery things tangible and exposes you to them by very practical approaches.

Very good construnction of lecture! Alway reviewing learned in the past together with stressing the coming point, this made my awared of where I am in the course.

I am happy to hear problem senarios from the course which I also used to face in daily practice. The related solutions are inspring.

In the lab sections, thanks for same practice approaches sticked throughout, I became very fluently in manipulating those operations for practice.

By Shivam S

Dec 23, 2018

Assumes the learner has an intermediate level understanding of concepts like Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, and python. Extremely hard to understand the concepts without background in the above mentioned items.

By 苏高生

Nov 27, 2017

This course is so bad that I do not want see again. I really think this course is an advertising of google cloud , and which only teach a little useful things. If my commit makes someone unhappy, but also hope forgive me. Thanks!

By Alexey M

Aug 11, 2017

Course lectures are mostly fragments of another course, cut in small pieces - many of them are less than 30 seconds long! Content wise, almost everything were discussed in the previous course (Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals).

By Marc N

May 31, 2018

Videos are overlapping, some videos are not loud enough, descriptions are not fitting to the current version of the console, nearly all the same than in the fundamentals course...

By Peter B

Jan 29, 2019

The last question about which item was not suitable for ML, I would have like to see an explanation for the answer. Especially since less than half of us are getting it right. Why can't ML recognise an upside down product? It can be trained on that dimension, can't it?

By Rupa

Feb 04, 2019

Very good course for a beginner new to GCP Dataproc and ML

By William M

Feb 03, 2019

Great to learn Leveraging Unstructured Data with Cloud Dataproc on Google Cloud Platform

By Roberto A F

Jan 02, 2019

I learned a lot of their platform for ML. I want to begin the next course.

By Ganeshkumar S

Jan 03, 2019

Well structured and informative course

By Even

Jan 03, 2019

nice nice nice

By Muthu M H

Dec 17, 2018

Excellent course for Beginners with more lab experience.

By Wesley S

Dec 18, 2018

Really great everything i have learnt a lot.

By Rai S

Dec 18, 2018

I would like to have more extensive labs for Data Proc. Selection of pyspark for most of the course was quiet useful. A little bit more of dataproc use cases comparison of dataproc modules including spark, hive and then relevant proprietary options available in Google.

By Javier R

Jan 05, 2019

Very interesting course.

By Paresh R

Jan 08, 2019

Very well designed and neatly explained content at high level.

By Daniel E V G

Jan 11, 2019

It follows in more detail the topics covered in the first section and it teaches different ways of working with clusters, found it very useful

By Rao M

Feb 13, 2019

Good learning of ML, dataproc and running jobs from dataproc. Separation of Compute and Storage is interesting.

By Kishore K P

Feb 13, 2019

Good course with proper explanation. So we can habituate to GCP very well