Back to Machine Design Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Design Part I by Georgia Institute of Technology

“Machine Design Part I” is the first course in an in-depth three course series of “Machine Design.” The “Machine Design” Coursera series covers fundamental mechanical design topics, such as static and fatigue failure theories, the analysis of shafts, fasteners, and gears, and the design of mechanical systems such as gearboxes. Throughout this series of courses we will examine a number of exciting design case studies, including the material selection of a total hip implant, the design and testing of the wing on the 777 aircraft, and the impact of dynamic loads on the design of an bolted pressure vessel. In this first course, you will learn robust analysis techniques to predict and validate design performance and life. We will start by reviewing critical material properties in design, such as stress, strength, and the coefficient of thermal expansion. We then transition into static failure theories such as von Mises theory, which can be utilized to prevent failure in static loading applications such as the beams in bridges. Finally, we will learn fatigue failure criteria for designs with dynamic loads, such as the input shaft in the transmission of a car....

ZZ

Feb 17, 2017

The course was a concise and effective review of major concepts. The concepts were well explained and the lessons practical. I have a better understanding of fatigue failure as a result of this class.

SG

Jun 12, 2017

Thank you so much. I liked your teaching style.You gave me a clear understanding about each and every topic covered in this course.I enjoyed the learning.Hope we will be in touch for further courses.

151 - 175 of 227 Reviews for Machine Design Part I

By Vinyas R

Feb 14, 2017

Course content was really good. looking forward for next parts

By Adrian R

Jul 18, 2017

The best Online Course

By Alejandro M G

Mar 28, 2017

Muy bueno, explica todo muy claro. Amplia mente recomendable

By Mohamed M I

Jun 18, 2017

Very Gooooood

By Emil G

Oct 17, 2017

Very interesting course, but unfortunately I don't have time ((

By Mosab S

Dec 02, 2017

very nice course magnificent doctor

By fady m

Jan 25, 2018

Many thanks to you , appreciate your efforts and time .

By Sergio G

Sep 05, 2017

to do

By Borys U

Oct 30, 2017

Great course, gave me a lot. Looking forward for subsequent parts.

By Christopher A N

Mar 30, 2018

It's very useful if you want to review the machine design content.

By Mohamed S M

Feb 10, 2018

By Shouvik B

Jun 30, 2018

Concepts were nicely touched upon. The course material really helped me to get an in depth understanding of the fundamentals of machine design at an introductory level. Th quizzes were exciting and helpful too. THANKS COURSERA AND DR. WINGATE.

By Alejandro E R N

Jul 10, 2018

Good course with a lot of exercises

By Sarvesh J

May 01, 2019

I learned a lot of new things which will definitely help in me in my future

By 王榕

May 06, 2019

fundamental and useful !

By AAKASH M

May 11, 2019

it was a great learning experience for me attending machine design part-1 course here on coursera.

it's a great platform to learning.

By Madhur

Mar 25, 2019

It was wonderful course and really cleared most of the doubts which were there. The course was very much effectively presented and the assignments were of good level.

By Parag S T

Mar 25, 2019

it was very informative and very useful

By Noah A G

Apr 07, 2019

It was an absolute joy to learn this course and the practical aspects were very helpful and informative.

By Guru T

Apr 08, 2019

where are part 2 and 3??

By Utkarsh K S

Apr 09, 2019

good

By Keshav G

Apr 10, 2019

nice learning

By Ahmad I

Mar 27, 2019

Very nice introductory course in Machine design, the two case studies chosen is very informative.

By Alaa M S E

May 23, 2019

Very Good Content, and excellent instructor.

By muralidharan