Back to Machine Design Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Design Part I by Georgia Institute of Technology

“Machine Design Part I” is the first course in an in-depth three course series of “Machine Design.” The “Machine Design” Coursera series covers fundamental mechanical design topics, such as static and fatigue failure theories, the analysis of shafts, fasteners, and gears, and the design of mechanical systems such as gearboxes. Throughout this series of courses we will examine a number of exciting design case studies, including the material selection of a total hip implant, the design and testing of the wing on the 777 aircraft, and the impact of dynamic loads on the design of an bolted pressure vessel. In this first course, you will learn robust analysis techniques to predict and validate design performance and life. We will start by reviewing critical material properties in design, such as stress, strength, and the coefficient of thermal expansion. We then transition into static failure theories such as von Mises theory, which can be utilized to prevent failure in static loading applications such as the beams in bridges. Finally, we will learn fatigue failure criteria for designs with dynamic loads, such as the input shaft in the transmission of a car....

ZZ

Feb 17, 2017

The course was a concise and effective review of major concepts. The concepts were well explained and the lessons practical. I have a better understanding of fatigue failure as a result of this class.

SG

Jun 12, 2017

Thank you so much. I liked your teaching style.You gave me a clear understanding about each and every topic covered in this course.I enjoyed the learning.Hope we will be in touch for further courses.

101 - 125 of 230 Reviews for Machine Design Part I

By Vivek K

Jan 14, 2018

very nice and benifitng course

By Aditya S

May 17, 2018

Absolutely Loved the Course . Looking forward to Machine Design Part 2 and 3

By Janarrtanan J

Apr 19, 2018

Excellent teaching and use of examples and real-world problems/case studies.

Waiting for the other part 2 and 3

By Taninki v v k

Apr 15, 2017

These course gave me brief idea about the machine design.And the teaching is great.I hope these is best place for learning and gaining knowledge.

By David H B

Nov 16, 2017

Excelent course. Very useful to review the basics of fatigue.

Hopefully Part 2 & 3 will be published.

By Dnyandeep M

Aug 09, 2017

I am very grateful, that I got this chance of completing this course. Dr. Kathryn Wingate was very persuasive throughout the course and the way she taught is completely commendable. I got the complete knowledge about the machine design process with all minute detail.

By Vinyas R

Feb 14, 2017

Course content was really good. looking forward for next parts

By Adrian R

Jul 18, 2017

The best Online Course

By Mosab S

Dec 02, 2017

very nice course magnificent doctor

By fady m

Jan 25, 2018

Many thanks to you , appreciate your efforts and time .

By Sergio G

Sep 05, 2017

to do

By Borys U

Oct 30, 2017

Great course, gave me a lot. Looking forward for subsequent parts.

By Christopher A N

Mar 30, 2018

It's very useful if you want to review the machine design content.

By Mohamed S M

Feb 10, 2018

By Michael W

Apr 01, 2018

I took this course to fulfill P.E. education requirements. I found that the level of detail and pace was well targeted for a practicing engineer. Without spending significant time on derivations, concepts were explained and reviewed with mathematical rigor such that they could be applied immediately on the job. I'd recommend to any engineer looking for a review of stress analysis which can be practically applied in a short amount of time.

By Sacha P N A R

Sep 21, 2017

Very good course material. Recommend it to every Mechanical Engineer who has several years of work experience as a refresh course.

By Adithya B

Jan 22, 2017

The course material was pretty good and the course was quite challenging.

By Rahul K S

Dec 25, 2017

Excellent course for mechanical engineers.

By Saúl N R

Apr 05, 2017

Excellent explanation

By Sahil D

Jun 17, 2017

A excellent course for any mechanical or production student.

Thank you so much Coursera and Prof. Wingate !!

By Aman k

Oct 15, 2017

The way the Course was thought with all the real world examples was really very nice. The methods that we were thought to solve the problem were very good.

By Luis M M G

Apr 25, 2018

Wonderfull course! Very instructive and well paced knowledge that is shown in this course. For me this is the beginning of a long journey in mechanical design. Thanks a lot!

By akshay

Apr 05, 2017

Awesome Lectures.

Thank you!!!!!!1

By Vaibhav S

Sep 01, 2017

Very well explained and a great course for anyone wanting to start of with the basics of failure analysis. Thank you so much for this brilliant course.

By Jeong S H

Jul 05, 2018

Very good machine design course to summarize what we have learned in our undergraduate!