Back to Machine Design Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Design Part I by Georgia Institute of Technology

“Machine Design Part I” is the first course in an in-depth three course series of “Machine Design.” The “Machine Design” Coursera series covers fundamental mechanical design topics, such as static and fatigue failure theories, the analysis of shafts, fasteners, and gears, and the design of mechanical systems such as gearboxes. Throughout this series of courses we will examine a number of exciting design case studies, including the material selection of a total hip implant, the design and testing of the wing on the 777 aircraft, and the impact of dynamic loads on the design of an bolted pressure vessel. In this first course, you will learn robust analysis techniques to predict and validate design performance and life. We will start by reviewing critical material properties in design, such as stress, strength, and the coefficient of thermal expansion. We then transition into static failure theories such as von Mises theory, which can be utilized to prevent failure in static loading applications such as the beams in bridges. Finally, we will learn fatigue failure criteria for designs with dynamic loads, such as the input shaft in the transmission of a car....

ZZ

Feb 17, 2017

The course was a concise and effective review of major concepts. The concepts were well explained and the lessons practical. I have a better understanding of fatigue failure as a result of this class.

SG

Jun 12, 2017

Thank you so much. I liked your teaching style.You gave me a clear understanding about each and every topic covered in this course.I enjoyed the learning.Hope we will be in touch for further courses.

151 - 175 of 247 Reviews for Machine Design Part I

By chittiboinaharikrishna

Jan 29, 2020

Something learn to machine design part 1

By Parag S T

Mar 25, 2019

it was very informative and very useful

By Ahmad S

Nov 24, 2016

amazing ....... wating for part 2 and 3

By Miguel E R C

Aug 18, 2019

Es algo de nivel intermedio muy claro.

By Ahmed M S

Oct 01, 2018

Perfect please i can't wait for Part 2

By Akshay M

Jun 03, 2017

the best course it is for mech, engg.

By Nicolás J M G

Sep 29, 2018

Excellent!, waiting for the part two

By Arif

Dec 19, 2017

Very Useful for Design professionals

By Mosab S

Dec 02, 2017

very nice course magnificent doctor

By Michael B

Dec 15, 2016

OK, good course, parts 2 & 3 please!

By Alejandro E R N

Jul 10, 2018

Good course with a lot of exercises

By moubachir y

Feb 10, 2017

very good course

By Raphael M V

Jan 26, 2018

Excelente professora e muito bela.

By Pradeep A B

Jul 24, 2017

Great introductory course, thanks!

By akshay

Apr 05, 2017

Awesome Lectures.

Thank you!!!!!!1

By Ya-Chuan M

May 10, 2018

Clear and useful, I enjoyed it!

By venkateshwaran

Aug 28, 2017

thanks for the lecture. awesome

By MOHD J

Aug 16, 2017

Go for it

She is awesome teacher

By Suchit D

Nov 03, 2019

it was really nice and helping

By Vivek K

Jan 14, 2018

very nice and benifitng course

By Pagadala B

Feb 10, 2019

Very Good Knowledge i got it

By Hafeez A

Nov 07, 2018

Great oppertunity to learn

By manhar

Jul 12, 2018

i like this course forever

By 王榕